Rank The Heavies

Here is the best one http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=12818

Ruslan Chagaev won the WBO and WBA I/C heavyweight titles with a majority decision over Vladimir Virchis after a fight that at times resembled a sparring session. These two are gymmates and apparently good friends as well - and it showed.

Thanks for the information on that, Boston.

Vladimir Virchis seems like a tough prospect.
Maybe I'm just impressed with his ability to drop Hawkins 3 times. Beating Hawkins isn't that big of a deal, knocking him down a few times is.... for me.
But, the guy is 34. Unless he gets a quick shot soon it might never happen.

Virchis is slower than tax cuts, but he can bang pretty well. He could beat any of the current champs, but probably has the best chance with Peter. I think he'd stop Sam.

I'll take your word on it. If a match up between Virchis and Peter happens... hopefully I'll cash in.

What are his chances of muscling his way in for a big fight? Is he and his management team crafty/aggressive enough?

Gotta change your sig, Tam. By the way, glad your back.

Floyd doesn't have to be a Hagler. He's fucking TWICE the fighter Marvin ever was. Jesus, you guys frustrate the fucknig hell out of me.

...WHEN are you going to MAN UP and write a retraction about this?...

I mean, you wrote in your location, "Boxing Without Bull$#@t."
That's false advertising...

Thanks for the information on that, Boston.

Vladimir Virchis seems like a tough prospect.
Maybe I'm just impressed with his ability to drop Hawkins 3 times. Beating Hawkins isn't that big of a deal, knocking him down a few times is.... for me.
But, the guy is 34. Unless he gets a quick shot soon it might never happen.

Virchis is the classic slugger. If you watch him fight it looks as if he was a huge heavy straight from the 1950's, he just moves forward holding his fists chest high and just throws heavy leather all the time, very solid chin. One of the few heavyweights that really need only one punch to win as proven vs Vidoz or Bidenko.

I'll take your word on it. If a match up between Virchis and Peter happens... hopefully I'll cash in.

What are his chances of muscling his way in for a big fight? Is he and his management team crafty/aggressive enough?

Gotta change your sig, Tam. By the way, glad your back.
Not back.

Unsure of what Virchi's chanes are. I'd say they're much better in a rematch with Chagaev, based on his known worth in Europe. But at the end of the day, he's the #1 contender for Peter's title, but I don't know what the mandatory situation with that belt will be. It's been muddled ever since Maskaev won it and who knows what they wanna do now.

...WHEN are you going to MAN UP and write a retraction about this?...

I mean, you wrote in your location, "Boxing Without Bull$#@t."
That's false advertising...

When Mayweather loses to a few low lights and finds a way to lose a third of the fight to a fat, old, shopworn Marco Antonio Barrera and then sleep walk through a third of a fight and get beaten by a blind Miguel Cotto..and then retire on his rag....we can talk.

Virchis is the classic slugger. If you watch him fight it looks as if he was a huge heavy straight from the 1950's, he just moves forward holding his fists chest high and just throws heavy leather all the time, very solid chin. One of the few heavyweights that really need only one punch to win as proven vs Vidoz or Bidenko.

Damn, you guys are getting me excited to see him in the ring. I hope this guy gets a chance to show himself on a further-reaching format.
Kyryllo, did you get a chance to see his Hawkins fight? I've seen alot of Hawkins fights. While I didn't really think he was a good boxer, I was definitely impressed by his chin and his ability to avoid big shots. Alot of guys were unable to put him down. But V.V. does it three times. I didn't get a chance to see that fight, did you? If so, could you give a brief description on Hawkins v Virchis?

Damn, you guys are getting me excited to see him in the ring. I hope this guy gets a chance to show himself on a further-reaching format.
Kyryllo, did you get a chance to see his Hawkins fight? I've seen alot of Hawkins fights. While I didn't really think he was a good boxer, I was definitely impressed by his chin and his ability to avoid big shots. Alot of guys were unable to put him down. But V.V. does it three times. I didn't get a chance to see that fight, did you? If so, could you give a brief description on Hawkins v Virchis?

Did not see the fight but just read a write up in russian, it seemes as Hawkins was dominated by Virchis but could land some counters himself, but was put down with a jab in the 3rd, a right in the 4th and a left hook in the 5th, he stood up at 9 but the ref waved him out anyway.

Virchis is with Universum now, a very potent management, they pursuing the WBC route currently.

When Mayweather loses to a few low lights and finds a way to lose a third of the fight to a fat, old, shopworn Marco Antonio Barrera and then sleep walk through a third of a fight and get beaten by a blind Miguel Cotto..and then retire on his rag....we can talk.

With you bringing up those future HOF'ers names who mayweather has avoided, let's talk right now. :)

Tam-Tam, you seem a man unequivocally equipped to address the

I hope that list was a joke.

I understand, Tam-Tam, you're not up to the challenge (though I mistakenly thought you of all folks would be.)

Your response as a person I think very knowledgeable about Boxing is similar to the responses from less knowledgeable folks who also didn't have the gumption to tackle it, so what's the response when reality is looking all of you in the face?:

Turn it into a joke, be pretentious, the list is beneath contempt, not worthy of a response, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

Boxing without Bull$#!t, huh?
Get yourself a harmonica, Tam-Tam, and play that harmonica.
Play harmonica, play so you can't bull$#!t...only watch those false notes...

Further evidence that Boxing fans are caustic, acrimonious motherfuckers

You know who else could have done more minesweeping? Everyone. Thats who.

samandtwitchcb6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

-excerpt-
"WHAT I'VE LEARNED: MERLE HAGGARD
I probably had as bad a sex urge as anybody when I was younger. I remember an old guitar player, Eldon Shamblin, told me, "When you get p*$$y off your mind, you can go ahead and learn something." Isn't that great?
Willie Nelson's the one who told me the reason it costs so much to get divorced is because it's worth it."
- Merle Haggard at 70 years old, 2007.

Well, I'm for bed, stirred up enough $#!t now, got enough folks pi$$ed off at me for a while both here and in the Heavyweights forum saying "MMA matches are starting to look a heck-of-a-lot like Boxing matches" in Kid McCoy's old thread. (I wasn't the one bumped it) Gave a few examples of MMA fights looking like Boxing matches and why...

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=576870&page=8

Back