Rank the beatdowns...

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
No matter how you feel about Donald Cerrone's skill level as a fighter, whether you feel he was a contender or a journeyman or a gatekeeper or even a bum, what can't be denied is that he's given us many memorable moments throughout the years and has definitely earned respect and his place in the UFC Hall of Fame!!

With that said this thread is to highlight the memorable beatdowns Cerrone has taken for the JBGs!! So please rank these ass whippings that Cerrone has taken and please take into account his age, rank, and hot streak before each one. Without further ado. The Culprits!!!

1.) Nate Diaz
nate-diaz-17.jpg

2.) Anthony Pettis
066_anthony_pettis_vs_donald_cerrone_gallery_post.0.jpg

3.) Rafael DosAnjos
212_donald_cerrone_vs_rafael_dos_anjos.0.jpg

4.) Jorge Masvidal
Masvidal-Cerrone.jpg

5.) Darren Till
20171021021959_GettyImages864737142.JPG.jpg

6.) Tony Ferguson
tony-ferguson-donald-cerrone-ufc-238-1.png

7.) Justin Gaethjie
960x0.jpg

8.) Conor McGregor
usa_today_13930697.0.jpg

Have fun!!!

Nate
Mas
Tony
Justin
Conor
Till
Dos Anjos
Pettis

Damn he’s been beat quite a bit when you look at them lined up. That said those are no scrubs he’s lost to.

Last edited:
Conor
Justin
Dos Anjos
Pettis
Till
Masvidal

The Nate fight wasn't a beatdown

Conor
Justin
Dos Anjos
Pettis
Till
Masvidal

The Nate fight wasn't a beatdown
Context. At that point Cerrone was red hot and unbeaten in the UFC. On paper he should have been a bad matchup for Nate and got badly exposed in the first round.

Conor #1, RDA #2 Till #3 Masvidal #4 Gaethje #5 Pettis #6 Ferguson #7 Diaz #8

Statistically Conor did the best out of all of them.

Donald landed 0 strikes and he was finished the quickest (not to mention getting his bell rung with his own signature head kick)

I think Masvidal, Till, RDA, and Conor all made it seem like Cerrone didn't belong in the cage with them

Context. At that point Cerrone was red hot and unbeaten in the UFC. On paper he should have been a bad matchup for Nate and got badly exposed in the first round.
Yup. That was the original "choked in the big moment" Donald loss.

Afterwards, he admitted
"I guess you do have to be from Stockton to be tough."

Wasn't it s body shot? It was nasty, but some of these guys have knocked him out into another dimension
Yeah the body kick ended it but before that he was out boxing him in the few short exchanges. He threw the cartwheel kick and even landed a knee jumping off the cage.

Also that was only Cerrone's second loss in the UFC and first time TKOed here. He was very much in his physical prime.

Nate indeed whipped cowboys ass thorough

From a personal thing I liked the RDA one the most simply because I actually put a little money on that fight, lots of people thought it was Cerrones "time" and would finally do it back then and he was on a very good win streak before it. So the little money I won made it feel good personally.

I enjoyed the Tony one to watch as his face was like hamburger meat and Tony is so intense and psychotic that I thought if the 3rd round starts he will think its an alien impostor on Cerrone's eye and would get extremely paranoid about it and target that eye I felt. Thats Tony..

From a personal thing I liked the RDA one the most simply because I actually put a little money on that fight, lots of people thought it was Cerrones "time" and would finally do it back then and he was on a very good win streak before it. So the little money I won made it feel good personally.

I enjoyed the Tony one to watch as his face was like hamburger meat and Tony is so intense and psychotic that I thought if the 3rd round starts he will think its an alien impostor on Cerrone's eye and would get extremely paranoid about it and target that eye I felt. Thats Tony..
RDA was looking like a monster at that time I don't know how anyone could doubt that he would dust Cerrone.

1. Masvidal because he basically knocked him twice
2. Conor because only 40 seconds and shoulder punches.
3. Nate because he broke him mentally
4. Till showed zero respect
5. Justin
6. Tony
7. RDA
8. Pettis

Conor obviously did best out of all of them, but dos Anjos deserves a lot of props for being almost as fast at finishing Cowboy off with strikes while coming from a jiu-jitsu-background.

Conor #1, RDA #2 Till #3 Masvidal #4 Gaethje #5 Pettis #6 Ferguson #7 Diaz #8

Statistically Conor did the best out of all of them.

Donald landed 0 strikes and he was finished the quickest (not to mention getting his bell rung with his own signature head kick)

I think Masvidal, Till, RDA, and Conor all made it seem like Cerrone didn't belong in the cage with them
As great as the Conor win was on the surface, I can't personally call it number 1
considering Cerrone's age and the previous beatdowns he had taken. Add that to the expected greatness of Conor and for me it was a squash match. Still 40 seconds wtf!! Lol. Quickest $50 I've ever made.

Back