Rani Yahya vs. Michinori Tanaka and Renato Moicano vs. Mike De La Torre added to Brasilia FN (95)

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combat...card-do-ufc-em-brasilia-veja-adversarios.html

SIR

Crude Brazilian to English translation

Mohican and Rani are added to the card of UFC in Brasilia; see opponents
Fighters Constrictor Team will face athletes who come to victory in Ultimate

Academy athletes brasiliense Constrictor Team, Renato Mohican and Rani Yahya will fight in UFC edition to be held in the city on 24 September. Mohican will face American Mike De La Torre, while Rani will be face to face with the Japanese Michinori Tanaka. Duels were determined by Combate.com to sources close to the organization.

Unbeaten in his career with 10 victories, Renato Mohican is former champion of Jungle Fight, and comes from two wins in the UFC. De La Torre also won his last fight in the UFC, but has been operating since September 2015. The US has five fights in the organization, and accumulated two wins, two losses and one no contest.

Rani Yahya live great stage. The Brazilian accumulates three consecutive victories, the last on July 13, against Matthew Lopez at UFC: McDonald x Lineker. born finisher, Rani used jujitsu to win 17 of his 22 victims.

Three fight win streak and he gets Tanaka? How many more fights does Yahya have to win to get a higher level matchup?

Three fight win streak and he gets Tanaka? How many more fights does Yahya have to win to get a higher level matchup?

I actually thought that Yahya looked better than ever in his last fight which was against a fairly highly touted newcomer. He seemed to have much better cardio.

His ceiling is only so high, as his striking has never really evolved, though his BJJ is still off the charts.

I agree, he does have a ceiling. His BJJ is as good as ever and his gas tank did hold up this time. Sure his last fight was against that debuting Lopez kid who impressed me, but I figured they'd give him someone closer to the top 15 than the 37th ranked BW.

It's a rematch actually. A forgettable one at that.

When did they fight? Was it a grappling match? They sure haven't met in MMA.

Sorry I got my Asians mixed up. I thought Kanehara = Tanaka. No I'm not racist cuz I'm Asian too. Yikes

Decent fights. Yahya by UD and Moicano by UD.

Finally Tanaka is back. He matches up very well with Yahya, Tanaka should be able to wear him down. I just want to know why he is going 8 months in between scheduled fights.

Last edited:
Yahya vs Tanaka should be pretty wild when it hits the mat, but Tanaka should be able to outpoint him on the feet without much trouble. and La Torre vs Moicano is good, I was disappointed in the Tukhugov fight with Moicano, Tukhugov never really did anything.

Rani yahya fought 2 Japanese in the ufc so far and won but looked unimpressive. He was struggling hard with kanehara. If he wins tanaka, he'll win it like how he did against hirota, and kanehara. Hopefully it's a ground war tho :)

Back