Randy shows his circuit.

Woo! His circuit is pretty good ... but whoever chose that corny music should be shot in the face with an axe ... yes, an axe.

That looks pretty cool, I wonder how many rounds of that he does.

Would any of you adapt that to your training?

babygetoboy said:
That looks pretty cool, I wonder how many rounds of that he does.

Would any of you adapt that to your training?
I have. Not that exact circuit/complex, but I started doing that type of training a lil' while ago, rather than doing heavy, heavy lifting ...

can anyone tell me what exatly hes doing in the video, for some reason mine is not showing !! Thks in advance!!

Its not working for me, but at several ocasions I have seen Randy promote this exact circuit: Bent over row, upright row, military press, goodmorning, split squat left and right, squat and push press (guarter squat), straight leged deadlift. Is this the one he shows here?

After seen it I did it a few times this summer, I really liked it, but if you like to be nitpicky its conditioning and not strength and power..

krellik said:
Its not working for me, but at several ocasions I have seen Randy promote this exact circuit: Bent over row, upright row, military press, goodmorning, split squat left and right, squat and push press (guarter squat), straight leged deadlift. Is this the one he shows here?

After seen it I did it a few times this summer, I really liked it, but if you like to be nitpicky its conditioning and not strength and power..
Yeah, thats what he shows.

Urban

I am curious to what routine you would do, if you dont mind me asking :)))

I would use lots of singles and doubles, with heavy weight and less than 30 seconds rest between sets. Stick with compound exercises. If you're interested in conditioning or using complexes, IMO it doesn't get any better than bears, period. Unless you combine them with burpees.

By the whay folks, combine Randys complex with lying gnp for 3 minute rounds, sandbag shouldering for 3 min rounds and tabata pushpresses, I promise you that you will get killed.

I'd like to add to my last post, that I am not Randy, and I'm certain he finds complexes to work well for him (or he wouldn't do them). And that's the bottom line: do something that works well for you, and do it until you stop making progress or find something that works better.

I think that's a pretty good circuit. He keeps his body under tension for quite a while, and uses fast pace in his movements. In an MMA fight sometimes you gotta use lotsa strenght from your delts at some point, then switch to your hips, then to your legs, that's exactly what he is doing on that circuit.

It's not the ONE thing to do but definetly a good thing to add to a workout.

regards.

I do a dumbellcomplex and let two of my three trainees do one as well after the heavy lifting. With great results regarding fatloss and fitness level.

As this was bumped i'll point out this isnt all he does/did as some people seem to think. In the old TeamQuest book theres a power phase(heavy weights) and a circuit training routine(not a complex) as well as the now famous complex.

threelions said:
As this was bumped i'll point out this isnt all he does/did as some people seem to think. In the old TeamQuest book theres a power phase(heavy weights) and a circuit training routine(not a complex) as well as the now famous complex.

Sticky!

threelions said:

Yep like most elite athletes Randy periodizes his training. Pure strength phases, hypertrophy phases, and phases where he works on agility, and endurance

Back