Randy Orton

His facial expressions make me chuckle. I like Orton.

c52bbybqghb71.gif

Randy is such a strange case. In a time where wrestling is at it’s lowest for pop culture relevancy, “RKO outta no where!” Is known by almost everyone. Even his signature pose is somewhat in the public lexicon. He’s got a 10/10 look, loads of charisma(in his own unique way), carries himself like a star and has a lot of presence. However, he doesn’t have one signature promo or one match to go-to. He can work but I can’t even think of a good match he’s had. Obviously I’m sure he has had one but none are that memorable. No big Wrestlemania moment either. It’s a really strange situation of a guy who’s got all the tools but yet isn’t memorable at all. I don’t think you can put him in the top 20 for that reason.

Randy is such a strange case. In a time where wrestling is at it’s lowest for pop culture relevancy, “RKO outta no where!” Is known by almost everyone. Even his signature pose is somewhat in the public lexicon. He’s got a 10/10 look, loads of charisma(in his own unique way), carries himself like a star and has a lot of presence. However, he doesn’t have one signature promo or one match to go-to. He can work but I can’t even think of a good match he’s had. Obviously I’m sure he has had one but none are that memorable. No big Wrestlemania moment either. It’s a really strange situation of a guy who’s got all the tools but yet isn’t memorable at all. I don’t think you can put him in the top 20 for that reason.

Like I said I think he got pushed too hard too early. Check my dates but I think he became "youngest ever champion" months after the previous "youngest ever..." (Brock for you younglings) bailed on the WWE, and it seemed like it was more of a Fuck You to Brock, followed by his face turn that sucked ass.

I liked his ambulance promo he cut before extreme rules in 2020 I wanna say it was... I was sure he was gonna win that match, stupid he didn't after that great promo against McIntyre. I wouldn't call it a signature moment but it was pretty good.

Both Randy Orton and John Cena have to be considered top 20 guys of all time.

For Randy to be on top for that long goes a long way. Youngest WWE world champ (IIRC), and to still be a top guy in his early 40s is crazy.

If anyone makes a top 20 all time list without Randy Orton, I guarantee you there's someone in there who Randy could swap in for. Not saying Randy is top 10, but somewhere in the 15-20 range sounds right.

He's a good hand. He's not among th best ever.

I wouldn't have him in my top 20, but he is a very good wrestler and performer. I almost think he started too late in WWE and missed the great era, imagine if he signed to WWE in 1998, he probably would have had some great feuds and matches.

Orton is definitely not top 20 ever. I don't mean that because of him, but there's just been sooooo many great workers throughout the history of the sport.

His matches a pretty formulaic, predictable and boring. Factor in that he is so injury prone he can barely take a bump ( hyper mobility in both his shoulders ) Injured himself taking the bins out, banging on the canvas and taking a bump from Mr Kennedy ( which he claimed was unsafe and led to Mr Kennedy to be let go. Also a steroid user and had a bad reputation backstage. I wouldnt even put him in the top 100 tbh.

His matches a pretty formulaic, predictable and boring. Factor in that he is so injury prone he can barely take a bump ( hyper mobility in both his shoulders ) Injured himself taking the bins out, banging on the canvas and taking a bump from Mr Kennedy ( which he claimed was unsafe and led to Mr Kennedy to be let go. Also a steroid user and had a bad reputation backstage. I wouldnt even put him in the top 100 tbh.

Pretty much agree. The only times he's looked really great were when he went against legends in the biz like Foley and Taker.

Hell no he's boring and has been having the same match for 20 years. Longevity and getting pushes doesn't make you the best. The 80s alone have 25+ guys better than him, even if they didn't have 20 world title reigns because that wasn't how it worked back then.

Top Ten... maybe Top Five of the 2000s.
Top 25 or better WWF/E.
By all accounts, a generational talent.

He has a great voice

And the dark side to him

Great nicknames

Great pose

I like him well enough

But I wouldnt put him among the greatest of all timers or the bestest dudes ever (2nd tier, yes I wrote that on purpose, suck it if you don’t like)

A little outside of them imo

Someone came in here talking about Cena being among the GOATs, whoever you are seppeku to redeem yourself.

He's no where near top 20 ever, like others have said he could be top 25 in WWE as in post 1982.

He's had:
Not enough great matches
Too bad bad matches

Even if he's a great in-ring performer, he's an average promo whom hasn't had a great feud in over 10 years. He's basically never hit his potential

The only time he ever really got me involved in a feud was when he feuded with Foley, but Mick is my favorite wrestler ever, so that is more for him than Randy.

All the potential in the world, all the physical tools one could ask for, shit attitude, average to below average charisma. Should've been one of the all-time greats. And yeah, no way in fucking hell hes anywhere near the top 20 ever.

He does amuse me at times though, i like how his attitude has evolved in recent years. Doesn't translate to me wanting to see him wrestle or enjoying his matches more, though.

Back