Randy,lindland, hendo

Idonotbelieveit

winning
@Gold
Reaction score
Greco gods.

Mark coleman told me they couldn't make freestyle if they tried and made a go of it. Then I brought up they ragdolled wrassling style many freestyle wrestlers. But he come back with wrestling isn't fighting. He did saygreco suits nhb which I think is true

Mark coleman is a wrestling master he knows more than me. Any wrestling fans think they could.?

Imo couture was best . He showed everything in both.

Greco gods.

Mark coleman told me they couldn't make freestyle if they tried and made a go of it. Then I brought up they ragdolled wrassling style many freestyle wrestlers. But he come back with wrestling isn't fighting. He did saygreco suits nhb which I think is true

Mark coleman is a wrestling master he knows more than me. Any wrestling fans think they could.?

Imo couture was best . He showed everything in both.

Mark Coleman is wrong. Lindland won and made the finals of the US open in freestyle twice before ever even placing in greco.

All 3 trained here in Portland in the early days.

You're welcome, America.

I have heard Lindland say himself that most GR guys are the guys who couldn't make the freestyle team (even though he himself did very well in freestyle), it is definitely the less emphasized style in American wrestling. Could Hendo or Randy done well in freestyle? Who knows? Randy was a really good collegiate wrestler, he probably could have done well in either style. In general I think most elite athletes could do pretty well in whatever sport they chose, no reason to think those guys couldn't have made waves in freestyle had they devoted their careers to it.

The notion that Greco guys are freestyle rejects really isn't true. They are very different sports. Of course there is some carry over and a lot of guys trained and competed in both, but the rules and execution is significantly difrent. Some of the really good NCAA guys are past winners in Fargo in both styles. I believe Brent Metcalf is an example of this. Kyle Dake, obviously an incredible freestyler just took on the reigning world champ in Greco a few years back and did pretty well. You had guys like Greg Gibson in the 80s who were among the best in the word at both styles (sambo too btw). Justin Lester was really good at all 3 styles but most successful in Greco. Even Jordan Burroughs, the best wrestler in the world arguably, he gets dominated by greco guys when they go. A lot of it is just practicing and concentrating on the different rules sets. But to address the OP, each of the 3 Team Quest guys you mentioned are pretty different. Hendo specialized in Greco from an early age and despite having modest success in freestyle and folkstyle at the state and national level, he was most definitely better at Greco. Lindland was very good at all 3 styles and won a JUCO title in folk and a Pan American championship title in freestyle beating world champ in the process. He was by far the most accomplished of the 3 in Greco with a world and Olympic silver. Randy was a very good folkstyler winning state titles in pretty good wrestling state and being a 3x All American and 2x finalist in the NCAA DI. So really, Randy was 3-5 wins short of being a 3x NCAA champ. He was very good at Greco and only began to take it seriously after High School. He also won the pan American games which was a prettbig title. of them are Greco gods though. Lindland is the only one with world/Olympic medals.

Back