Some Topics covered:
-UFC Lawsuit and his involvement
-Fighters union thoughts and if lawsuit will lead to one
-CM Punk in the UFC and the comparisons between the two
-If any pro wrestling skills transcend into MMA
-Jon Jones' failed cocaine test
-If Cocaine actually helps a fighter prepare and is performance enhancing
-Thoughts on the fight between Jones and DC
-Steven Seagal's "Deadly" techniques that he taught DC, and if DC was scared too unleash them
-Dressing as Chuck for Halloween because people always confused the two since TUF 1
-Where he keeps his title belts
-his upcoming movies
-if Gym rescue is coming back
-How he rates Ben Rothwell's dance
-New Years resolutions
-Silly Ideas for new "Couture" Products

Some Quotes:

On CM Punk in the UFC and comparisons between himself and Punk due to age of first MMA fight

The lawsuit part was interesting since he said:
I think that the door has been cracked open a little bit by all these things, to allow some of the other promotions like Bellator or World Series of Fighting to grow their brand and fill that void, and to promote, and allow a bunch of other fighters to make a living
That goes against a big part of the lawsuit & Couture is anti-UFC, but seemed to help their side of the argument

I'm not sure I agree. By saying what he did I think he's implying that the UFC is a monopoly.

The lawsuit part was interesting since he said:

That goes against a big part of the lawsuit & Couture is anti-UFC, but seemed to help their side of the argument

I'm not sure I agree. By saying what he did I think he's implying that the UFC is a monopoly.

You really think stating other orgs are allow fighters to make a living (due to UFC practices) is implying "monopoly"?

lol

I think that the door has been cracked open a little bit by all these things, to allow some of the other promotions like Bellator or World Series of Fighting to grow their brand and fill that void, and to promote, and allow a bunch of other fighters to make a living

It's too bad that most of the posters on Sherdog don't have a fraction of the respect for pro wrestling and the athletes in it as MMA fighters such as Randy Couture do. Not many posters on Sherdog would say this about CM Punk: "I think that he

It's too bad that most of the posters on Sherdog don't have a fraction of the respect for pro wrestling and the athletes in it as MMA fighters such as Randy Couture do. Not many posters on Sherdog would say this about CM Punk: "I think that he

who argues that pro wrestlers aren't good athletes? I've never seen anyone say that.

There has been many post that say that Punk is not an athlete, etc.
Just because he never competed officially they assume he is not athletic - which is BS

I think he was saying the door has been cracked open by the lawsuit. But maybe I misunderstood.

You really think stating other orgs are allow fighters to make a living (due to UFC practices) is implying "monopoly"?

lol

Just because he never competed officially they assume he is not athletic - which is BS

another one of your lame defending WWE wrestlers posting. :rolleyes:

Randy is a legend, I frikn loved watching that guy fight through his opponents in the fashion he did, one of the greatest fighters of all time imo. Randy Couture vs Chuck Liddell 1 people, !!!!

Last edited:
Randy is a legend, I frikn loved watching that guy fart through his opponents in the fashion he did, one of the greatest fighters of all time imo. Randy Couture vs Chuck Liddell 1 people, !!!!

I just re-watched that
Such a great level of excitement for that fight

Well, well, well ...is there any other way Randy can start a sentence?

Randy is a legend, I frikn loved watching that guy fart through his opponents in the fashion he did, one of the greatest fighters of all time imo. Randy Couture vs Chuck Liddell 1 people, !!!!

Randy vs. Tito was pretty damn good too. Randy spanked Tito and made him cry. I also loved it when he came back to Heavyweight the last time and everybody was saying he's way too old and way too small to be fighting Tim Sylvia and Randy dominated Tim and took his belt. Then Gonzaga challenged him and people were scared for Randy because this was the guy who almost kicked Cro Cop's head right off and Randy just brutalized Gonzaga - left him a bloody mess while retaining his title. Left Napao in a puddle of blood. Then Randy had the guts to actually ask for Lesnar next. Brock TKO'd Randy and took his belt but Randy damn sure made Lesnar earn it!

because this was the guy who almost kicked Cro Cop's head right off

That was brutal. I think lots of "normal" people so to speak would've suffered a heavy concussion, broken neck or would've died.

You definitely need to be a well conditioned athlete and a heavyweight with a strong neck to take such a massive shot.

I think you're taking those comments wrong. All the ones I've seen point out that Punk has no athletic background but they're referring to the fact he has no background in a real competition format. Not that he's not athletic.

Randy points that out in this interview as well when he compares him to Lesnar. Everyone knew Brock had a background and was very successful in real wrestling.

Back