Random wrestling chokes

knoxpk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The first two were like a triangle/guillotine mix. pretty cool!

If i'm not mistaken, in folkstyle & freestyle wrestling, chokes aren't disallowed as long as there's an arm in, like what Hughes did to Almeida last night. As a result, my buddy who wrestled in high school has a sicknasty arm- in guillotine & front headlock series.

If i'm not mistaken, in folkstyle & freestyle wrestling, chokes aren't disallowed as long as there's an arm in, like what Hughes did to Almeida last night.

If the ref decides it's a choke he'll break it up immediately. It's a gray area where the holds are allowed, but using it to choke is not. So most wrestlers (like myself) learn the hold but not that it can be a choke.

For example when you have both legs in on someone's back in wrestling, you can cross your feet (a big no-no in sub grappling) but you can't figure four the legs. By inference, a wrestler would figure out that the illegal version of the hold is a good way to hurt someone, but it's not usually taught in that way.

There is the always effective "date rape choke" that is common amongst my combatives.

Also the Wayne Brady choke is growing in popularity these days.

There is the always effective "date rape choke" that is common amongst my combatives.

Also the Wayne Brady choke is growing in popularity these days.
I Prefer the "does this rag smell like chloroform? " choke personally.

Back