Random Thought, I'm Going to Try Tomorrow

dza76wutang

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I just had a random thought about grappling and wanted to bounce it off of the grappling forum before I try it on the mat.

Since it is illegal to reap the knee by leg lacing would it still be illegal to "reap" the knee by turning over and putting your knee into his knee-pit to get the same effect without the leg crossing from outside to inside?

If it's legal, would it work like I think it might and would it be effective?

I know it's all theory crafting and it might even be wrought with fail, but it also seems crazy enough to work.

I'm having a hard time picture exactly what you mean to be honest. Can you explain further?

I know what you mean (I think), and no that wouldn't work, you'll just end up giving up an easy sweep and pass.

I'm having a hard time picture exactly what you mean to be honest. Can you explain further?

In my head, I see it as using my knee as like a third hand to try to force his leg into the position it would be IF I was reaping his knee like usual.

So lets assume opponent's right foot trapped under my left arm pit, run of mill achilles attempt.

I would lean/roll towards my right side to start to initiate the orientation of knee-reaping, but then the coax his leg into turning I'd use my knee in his knee pit to get additional femur control and kneed flexion without the forbidden "let from outside to inside". Basically I'd be giving up the foot in the hip in order to maximize the knee reaping angle.

It's a crazy idea and it might bomb I was just wondering if anyone had tried this prior. The other day I was trying to figure out a way to Ezekiel choke from top side but couldn't get it under reasonable resistance, I'm still going to ask my coach if he can figure out a way.

Back