Random Story Sort Of (kinda long)

JMoney2341

White Belt
Reaction score
I started BJJ/MMA two months ago and I'm addicted already. I've noticed with BJJ that I feel like I catch on quickly but then I'll roll with a Blue or Purple and will get destroyed (obviously.) Yet I feel that when I go with other Whites, I'm doing more than holding my own. I try to go with people that have at least 40 pounds on me (I'm about 155 and 5'7") and I try to work off my back. While doing that, I usually only try to armbar, triangle, or scissor sweep (I don't know much still.) Don't get me wrong though, there are def. whites that dominate me. Also, I have noticed a progression...albeit with other whites that have only been there around the same amount of time as myself. Basically, what I'm wondering is that if others have gone through this same experience (besides the being dominated by blues and purples while being a white belt.)

As a side note, I recognize I'm still terrible and basically a virgin at BJJ but I love it and can't wait to keep learning more. Sorry for the worthless story. Just had to tell someone.

its good to be excited. you will sometimes see yourself make big leaps and bounds, and sometimes see others make leaps and bounds while you remain the same. over the long haul it all averages out. keep pushing yourself out of your comfort zone and you will continue to learn.

It is not that long and while I did not learn anything from it nor did it ask a question it is always great one more person enthusiastic about this hobby we share.

Back