Random question burpee challenges for anyone in the top 10

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by yocan, Sep 15, 2010.

1. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

I'm randomly feeling retarded so, thinking of trying one of the burpee challenges this afternoon as motivation to keep working out. What do people that score well do for a warm up? or do you just start?

2. My little Tony

My little Tony Orange Belt

some pushups, some jumps, some running and a bit of stretching (calves and quads are moest important to stretch)

3. Old Man

Old Man Black Belt

I do a shot of whiskey...oh top 10, never mind.

4. scoopj

scoopj ackson

Well, since I was in the top 10 of the last burpee challenge (I think there were about 8 people), I didn't do squat. Or any other warmups for that matter. I just started. Maybe some dynamic stretching like rotating your arms at the shoulders would be good. Some light static stretching couldn't hurt. This was for the 100 burpee and 3 mile run challenge.

5. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

thats how I feel when thinking about 100 burpees

static stretching makes you slower and your muscls less efficient that doesn't make any sense. I too didn't do a thing beyond shake around a minute before last time, it didn't turn out so well.

6. calvus

calvus Getting Crunk

Maybe shake around for 2 minutes this time?

7. scoopj

scoopj ackson

^^ Static stretching makes you slower? And your muscles less efficient? I have no clue what you're talking about. Static stretching before an exercise like burpees I would think is advisable. Before strength training not so much.

8. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

my girl just started looking at me funny I laughed so hard, thanks

9. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

maybe I am off the mark here but I view burpees like a sprint. at least somewhat, so dynamic stretching yes, but not static, overtaxes the CNS from what I've read. I dunno, I just know I never got a best time in my life after doing static stretching. maybe with the 100 burpees its long distance enough this does not apply. Obviuosly I don't know much about it.