Random Music Facts

Absolut

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
thought it might be fun to throw out random facts about bands, songs etc. maybe we can all learn something..

Judas Priest’s Hell Bent for Leather was released in the UK as Killing Machine months before its scheduled US release.

Due to a shooting in San Diego, the label was worried about controversy and forced a name change. This, Hell Bent for Leather was born...

Frankly I think He’ll bent For leather is a better name.

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have played in the high arctic of Resolute Bay, Nunavut, Canada

Tony Iommi inadvertently invented heavy metal due to a steel mill accident as a youth which cut off the tips of his fingers. Maybe.

Joey and Johnny Ramone never spoke to each for the last 20+ years of their lives.

Last edited:
Early on Sid Vicious confessed to Lemmy he didn’t really know how to play bass. Lemmy replied no shit.

Metallica have become the first musical act to play on every single continent

Zappa had many talks with the Czech government to help promote tourism to the country. Vaclav Havel was forced to conclude his collaboration with Zappa under pressure of the American government. US Secretary of State, James Baker even re-routed a trip through Europe to visit Havel and pressure him into doing business with the United States instead of Zappa.

Frank Sinatra's hit "My Way" was a remake of "Comme d'habitude," a tune by the French singer, Claude François

"My Boy," a hit by Elvis was a remake of another François tune, "Parce que je t'aime mon enfant"

In 2016 the artist to sell most CDs was Mozart. Selling more than Beyonce, Drake and Adele.

Prince played 27 instruments on his first album

The longest song title ever is Hoagy Carmichael’s 1943 “I'm a Cranky Old Yank in a Clanky Old Tank on the Streets of Yokohama with my Honolulu Mama Doin' Those Beat-o, Beat-o Flat-On-My-Seat-o, Hirohito Blues.”

Frank Sinatra's hit "My Way" was a remake of "Comme d'habitude," a tune by the French singer*, Claude François

"My Boy," a hit by Elvis was a remake of another François tune, "Parce que je t'aime mon enfant"

*.....and paedo.

Guns n' Roses 2nd album, Lies, featured 4 live songs.....recorded at a studio.

And we blamed Milli & Vanilli all that long.

<seedat>

Guns n' Roses 2nd album, Lies, featured 4 live songs.....recorded at a studio.

And we blamed Milli & Vanilli all that long.

<seedat>

To be fair- it was still gnr performing. That’s a huge difference

Pink Floyd has the highest revenue grossing tour in the 1980s, third highest in the 90s and Roger Waters is #4 in the 2010s touring The Wall

Kid Rock was drunk as fuck when he recorded his verse on the track "Is That You?" for the Insane Clown Posse's debut album "Carnival of Carnage". He came back the next day, apologized and re-recorded it.

Kid Rock was drunk as fuck when he recorded his verse on the track "Is That You?" for the Insane Clown Posse's debut album "Carnival of Carnage". He came back the next day, apologized and re-recorded it.

I’m glad that a meteor didn’t hit the recording studio that first day.

Lemmy was a roadie for Jimi Hendrix

Booker T wrote the song "Green Onions" at the age of 17.

Booker T wrote the song "Green Onions" at the age of 17.
Stevie Winwood wrote “I’m A Man” when he was 17, as well.
Alex Chilton was 16 when he sang The Box Tops’ hit “The Letter”

In “Bohemian Rhapsody”, Freddie Mercury plays the same piano used by Paul McCartney in “Hey Jude”.

Back