• Total voters

Clippy

Good Times
@plutonium
Reaction score
which movie is best???

0226you-decide.jpg

star_wars__the_last_jedi_poster_mockup_by_transinsano-dawra6f.png

MV5BMTg5NTA3NTg4NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTA0NDYzOA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

rian-johnson.jpg

Jeez man, Looper. That's like asking which Shyamalan film is better, Unbreakable or The Last Airbender.

For all of Rian's flaws, you have to give him credit for seeming to make Bruce Willis give a crap for the duration of a full movie.

Still, Rian Johnson's best film by far is The Wine Tasting.

I've never seen Looper, but The Last Jedi is such a steaming turd that the former has to be better.

This is kinda ridiculous, you know damn well just about everyone is going to vote for Looper.

You just wanted to make another thread bashing on Rian Johnson for making the awful TLJ.

Please continue.

This is kinda ridiculous, you know damn well just about everyone is going to vote for Looper.

You just wanted to make another thread bashing on Rian Johnson for making the awful TLJ.

Please continue.

This was a Rian Johnson celebration thread actually

<Fedor23>

The mods should make a new sub forum exclusively for threads arguing about the last jedi.

The mods should make a new sub forum exclusively for threads arguing about the last jedi.

This was just the luck of the draw, last weeks Random Movie Fight #431 was about Hobbit: Desolution of Smaug vs Blade 2

Looper was fucking Amazing. Daniels, JGL and Willis at their best. Last Jedi is junk.

Looper was fucking Amazing. Daniels, JGL and Willis at their best. Last Jedi is junk.

Looper was ALRIGHT

Truth be told I wanted to see this movie for YEARS, since it came out and never had a chance to see it in theatres. Was VERY interested by trailers and saw it this year FINALLY

Rain Johnson really does like to subvert expectations tho - the fucker. For years I was expecting an interesting time travel young vs old self movie. Love Gord Levvit and Willis. This movie was so messed up

It was enjoyable, don't get me wrong - but what the fuck

Time travel logic was contradictory and weird in it's own movie. When Young looper's friend let his future self go free and he was climbing the cage ... and his fingers were disappearing cause they were cutting his younger self's fingers off. That was cool! He was crawling back one piece less at a time. But if that's the case how did he ever grow up to go back in time to begin with ... or is this a new timeline wtf

bah

Also I was blindsided and not expecting it to build up to be a horror movie with a telekinetic Phoenix demon kid with mind powers. WTF. I knew something was fucked when they introduced floating quarters into the plot.

Also when the bad guys were trying to get old man they were at the diner and shooting while young man was next to them .... why didn't they kill young man who's right next to them and old man in distance would disappear

eye dropper drugs?

WTF IS GOING ON IN THIS MOVIE

Not AT ALL what I expected based on trailers

Damn you Rian you trolled me back in the day too you silly fuck

@BisexualMMA

Looper was ALRIGHT

Truth be told I wanted to see this movie for YEARS, since it came out and never had a chance to see it in theatres. Was VERY interested by trailers and saw it this year FINALLY

Rain Johnson really does like to subvert expectations tho - the fucker. For years I was expecting an interesting time travel young vs old self movie. Love Gord Levvit and Willis. This movie was so messed up

It was enjoyable, don't get me wrong - but what the fuck

Time travel logic was contradictory and weird in it's own movie. When Young looper's friend let his future self go free and he was climbing the cage ... and his fingers were disappearing cause they were cutting his younger self's fingers off. That was cool! He was crawling back one piece less at a time. But if that's the case how did he ever grow up to go back in time to begin with ... or is this a new timeline wtf

bah

Also I was blindsided and not expecting it to build up to be a horror movie with a telekinetic Phoenix demon kid with mind powers. WTF. I knew something was fucked when they introduced floating quarters into the plot.

Also when the bad guys were trying to get old man they were at the diner and shooting while young man was next to them .... why didn't they kill young man who's right next to them and old man in distance would disappear

eye dropper drugs?

WTF IS GOING ON IN THIS MOVIE

Not AT ALL what I expected based on trailers

Damn you Rian you trolled me back in the day too you silly fuck

@BisexualMMA

Can't disagree with you. Looper was a fun movie, but it demonstrates two Rian Johnson tendencies. One, he doesn't care about coherence and logic as long as he gets his scenes he wants in there. The time travel operated differently depending on what he wanted at the time, and like The Last Jedi, he just figured nobody would notice the mistakes or gaps or inconsistencies.

And two, he likes to cram too much shit in. There was really no need for time travel PLUS telekinesis in the same movie. Either one is a leap to accept, and the telekinesis really was not required for the story. But hey, he has an idea he wants, so stuff it in. I think he wrote his script, realized it was a complete ripoff of the Terminator (just with no robots) and decided he had to add something to make it a little different (the "target" has telekinesis as opposed to rising to power based on leadership like John Connor).

At least with Looper, it all came together well enough to overlook the problems for the most part.

Can't disagree with you. Looper was a fun movie, but it demonstrates two Rian Johnson tendencies. One, he doesn't care about coherence and logic as long as he gets his scenes he wants in there. The time travel operated differently depending on what he wanted at the time, and like The Last Jedi, he just figured nobody would notice the mistakes or gaps or inconsistencies.

And two, he likes to cram too much shit in. There was really no need for time travel PLUS telekinesis in the same movie. Either one is a leap to accept, and the telekinesis really was not required for the story. But hey, he has an idea he wants, so stuff it in.

At least with Looper, it all came together well enough to overlook the problems for the most part.

Spot on man

I was still taken back but how quickly this movie became a different movie in the end

BAM evil telekinetic kid horror movie form action time travel movie????

lol it felt like he lost interest in the original story near the end and shoe horn a totally different story

Maybe he also had A.D.D.

I was concerned about cross pollinating way before INFINITY WAR, like how are audiences going to buy a ten foot purple guy? Fighting a wizard. But it was no problem.

LOOPER gave me no problems. I like the homage to AKIRA, and what got me was the boy actor wasn't terrible. The opening amputation scene won me over. Most of the movie is just okay. I'm a sucker for time travel tho.

Back