Tim Means vs. Sean Strickland
Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Sultan Aliev
Raquel Pennington vs. Elizabeth Phillips
Randa Markos vs. Cortney Casey
Colby Covington vs. Max Griffin
Artem Lobov vs. Chris Avila
Albert Uda vs. Martin Vettori
Ning Guangyou vs. Marlon Vera
That's a really interesting card. I don't think there is one fighter on there that I would call myself a fan of so it's kind of weird. I guess in that way I can just root for incredible fights across the board. It's so weird that Garbrandt isn't on the Cleveland show.

She should have gotten the nod over KK. She won the first two rounds. Randa is arguably 4-0 in the UFC excluding TUF... 7-1 including.
I didn't think she won a round over KK. She looked lost against her on the feet. KK was obviously feeling some jitters too as it was her UFC debut and she has only gotten better since. I don't really think Markos has much for the top 5 at 115.

She should have gotten the nod over KK. She won the first two rounds. Randa is arguably 4-0 in the UFC excluding TUF... 7-1 including.

Not too many people argue this POV.

Nothing personal. You are just the first person I see saying she might be 4-0 in the UFC.

I didn't think she won a round over KK. She looked lost against her on the feet. KK was obviously feeling some jitters too as it was her UFC debut and she has only gotten better since. I don't really think Markos has much for the top 5 at 115.
If you don't think she even won RD2 then you can't think Maia was beating Matt Brown until the finish. KK was backpacked for practically the whole round. Then if you re-watch the first it was Randa's. She was controlling & pushing the pace more & landing effectively. Randa clearly lost the third though. & her striking is still continually improving as you can see if you follow her career.

Not too many people argue this POV.

Nothing personal. You are just the first person I see saying she might be 4-0 in the UFC.
Well to be fair, people don't talk about Randa as much as they do Conor, etc. Otherwise someone probably would have said it before me :p

If you don't think she even won RD2 then you can't think Maia was beating Matt Brown until the finish. KK was backpacked for practically the whole round. Then if you re-watch the first it was Randa's. She was controlling & pushing the pace more & landing effectively. Randa clearly lost the third though. & her striking is still continually improving as you can see if you follow her career.

When I first watched it I was just more noticing how she abandoned her aggressiveness and her overall boxing. I just re-watched it and Markos did win 1 and 2. She clearly lost 3.

Also, I noticed how when Buffer introduced Markos, he claimed her record was 5-3. The graphics on the screen also claimed she was 5-3, when at that time she was 5-2. She was 5-3 after losing that fight. I then looked at her record on UFC.com and it claims she has 4 losses.

Am I missing something?

Well to be fair, people don't talk about Randa as much as they do Conor, etc. Otherwise someone probably would have said it before me :p
I don't know, it's been a while but a compassion between Randa's grappling in that fight to Maia's in any fight feels off to me. I don't dislike Randa or anything I just think KK is a few classes above. But again I need to rewatch it maybe, I was pretty anxious about KK debuting so maybe I wasn't being impartial.

When I first watched it I was just more noticing how she abandoned her aggressiveness and her overall boxing. I just re-watched it and Markos did win 1 and 2. She clearly lost 3.

Also, I noticed how when Buffer introduced Markos, he claimed her record was 5-3. The graphics on the screen also claimed she was 5-3, when at that time she was 5-2. She was 5-3 after losing that fight. I then looked at her record on UFC.com and it claims she has 4 losses.

Am I missing something?
82954-thank-you-gif-Phil-Dunphy-thum-UQ0F.gif

Thank you! People were recently calling me crazy! :p
But yes, she didn't look like her normal self but she did win those rounds. I did think her movement looked pretty good in that fight though.

Yeah...they're assholes who for some reason give her an extra loss on her record... :rolleyes:

sorry @Homeless Infant ...... cant see this going well for Randa, Cortney has looked vicious lately

I don't know, it's been a while but a compassion between Randa's grappling in that fight to Maia's in any fight feels off to me. I don't dislike Randa or anything I just think KK is a few classes above. But again I need to rewatch it maybe, I was pretty anxious about KK debuting so maybe I wasn't being impartial.
I understand, but i'm not comparing them as fighters or their grappling, lol :p
But what they did was pretty much the same. Definitely re-watch though ;)

Hey! No PIPs, bud! :p

Pfff, JJL is better than Casey, bruh.

<13>
sorry bro.... gotta disagree. JJL hasnt shown me anything impressive in her 2 fights, Casey has in every fight of hers Ive seen

For some reason Randa makes fights very boring.

She's awful offensively but somehow manages to just scrape by and sometimes win.

Neither girl is really going to contend, this is Invicta level fight. Leave these spots for better talent.

I don't agree that Markos is boring, but I do agree that she will most likely never be in title contention. She has not had any impressive wins/performances in the UFC since TUF ended. Both of her losses were to Top 10 girls, and her wins are over Aisling Daly and Jocelyn Lynbarger, so ...

sorry bro.... gotta disagree. JJL hasnt shown me anything impressive in her 2 fights, Casey has in every fight of hers Ive seen
Well she has had more than two fights... :p
& Tecia & Randa aren't easy outs. Casey fought Ham & Stanciu...

Randa definitely won the 2nd rd against KK, but she also definitely lost the fight to KK, and it wasn't even close to a controversial decision either ...

Well she has had more than two fights... :p
& Tecia & Randa aren't easy outs. Casey fought Ham & Stanciu...
I just meant in the 2 fights Ive seen of her lol

also lets not pretend Ham is an easy fight either! that girl can scrap

Back