Rand Couture's grappling circuit?

Rusk

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Am sorry if its been asked before but my search function doesn't work.

So am thinking about including this one in my work out:

1. Is it any good?

2. Is there better muscle endurance training that i can do with just a bar or bodyweight?

3. Do i need muscle endurance training at all for boxing?

Thanks in advance.

I'll admit that I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer this, but I'm wondering, is that proper form on military press? I go all the way down to my chest and all the way up to lockout. or is military press different than OHP? Do I not need to go all the way down?

sorry for potentially derailing your thread:icon_chee

I'll admit that I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer this, but I'm wondering, is that proper form on military press? I go all the way down to my chest and all the way up to lockout. or is military press different than OHP? Do I not need to go all the way down?

sorry for potentially derailing your thread:icon_chee

:wink: yeah

on topic i know his form is terrible, and i think he is some ex mma fighter

1. Is it any good?

2. Is there better muscle endurance training that i can do with just a bar or bodyweight?

Thanks in advance.

1. It's alright.

2. Probably, you mind find help in the FAQ, but as I said, this workout is absolutely fine.

3. Hard to say, depends on your goals, your other training, your schedule and your weaknesses, but you will definitely benefit from it.

FAQ has better conditioning options than barbell complexes.

1. Is it any good?

Thanks in advance.

1. Good for what? My guess is it will likely not improve your strength unless you are very weak, your conditioning for boxing as well as other options, or your muscular endurance for boxing as well as other options.

2. Absolutely. When you box, what is your weakness in edurance that you are trying to address? Do your shoulders tire out, are you gassing, do your leg wear out? For pretty much all these issues there is a better answer (more rounds on the heavy bag, skipping rope, pads, etc.)

3. Yes. Muscle endurance is important in boxing, but this circuit is likely not the best answer. Most of your muscular endurance issues in boxing will be cenetered around those things that are specific to boxing, like your shoulders wearing out faster than everything else. The best way to address this is in a sport specific manner. Can't go 3 rounds of sparring with keeping your hands up? Practice on the heavy bag. If you can throw 150 punches every round for 12 rounds while keeping your hands high, its going to be easy to keep your hands up for 3 rounds when sparring.

Wow, I am really proud of you f13! We should save this for future use when someone critisizes our response to questions...

Hope TF helped, TS!

I think Javorek complexes are better.

we used to do an idalmost identical circut when i wrestled in hs. its legit

Barbell complexes can be a nice change of pace for various conditioning purposes. I wouldn't make them the focus of my conditioning but every once in a while they can be "fun." I've done this, some of the Javorek complexes, and The Bear.

There are better options is all. Read the conditioning FAQ for a complete answer.

what's wrong with bb complexes?

I think one issue is that your anaerobic work should be as specific to your sport as possible, because anaerobic adaptations are so specific to the particular movement and demands. For most most athletes, there are probably going to exercises that they could do for their anaerobic that are more sports specific than pretty much any barbell complex.

I dont think there is anything neccessarily right but this seems like a starter program and any underdeveloped athlete could definitly benefit from this program. I think you could supplement this entire routine with 1 to 3 olympic lift, sled work, and kettle bells.

what i got from this thread is that i should not do it

:wink: yeah

on topic i know his form is terrible, and i think he is some ex mma fighter

Dude, it is Nate Quarry. Probably most famous for being Rich Franklin's highlight knockout, in a UFC title fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back