Rampage vs. James Toney in the works!

Toney's "caliber" is shit at this point. He's a shopworn, punch drunk fucking mess who has the footwork of a potted plant and the body of an amoeba.

Maybe you haven't watched James Toney box anytime in the last five years, and I'll excuse that, because its been shit. He can't hang with the top 100 in the hw division anymore and I for one am not an advocate of brain damaged people getting in the ring.

I'm sure the smack talk will all make it worth it though. The words you can make out.

Agreed, but as decayed as he is, he is still a better standup fighter than most MMA fighters. well...I think so anyway

I'm sure the smack talk will all make it worth it though. The words you can make out.

I's not just the trash talk but the whole MMA vs Boxing rivalry too. We saw Toney transition over to the MMA world and get taken down and dominated into a submission by Randy. Since Rampage likes to "stand and bang", it would be cool if he made a transition over to boxing.

There's a lot of interesting things surrounding this possible fight that makes it exciting, depending on the fighting format.

Agreed, but as decayed as he is, he is still a better standup fighter than most MMA fighters. well...I think so anyway

Sadly I'm not even sure of that at this point.

James can't throw a punch without throwing himself off balance he's so punch drunk. Its fucking sad.

The biggest fight in Bellator history was Mo vs Rampage two shit talkers who ended up having a pretty awful fight. Does Bellator really want to follow that up with 0-1 James Toney getting smached around by Rampage.

I would watch it and maybe the buys look good but at some point you start to be known for freak show right rather then good MMA. Which may not be the worst thing, but you have to make a choice which you want to be known for.

Interesting, Rampage being a striker.

Make it a kickboxing contest....happy medium between MMA and boxing. Would be interested then.

only boxing purists, who don't post here, or ppl who have never watched boxing think James could win this. even standing. And as I've said before, I watched James come up as a boxer, he's from my hometown. Toney takes a beating over 3 rds and is stopped by GNP

Thank you. People who actually think Toney is going to "box up" Rampage, especially at the pitiful shape he's in now should be written off as borderline retarded.

Boxers are the most overrated people ever on this forum. People act like they'd come in and dominate the stand up easily, even guys like Toney who was over the hill years and years ago.

It's just a retarded way of thinking, especially with kicks, knees, clinch, etc. allowed I mix in with striking not even talking about the ground game.

News flash guys, striking in MMA is so different from boxing, ducking and weaving would get you kneed/taken down/etc. the gloves are small and you can't do near half the things defensively as you can in Boxing, etc.

The easiest way to explain this is overeem who absolutely dominated in K-1, won the title, beat Spong, Badr, etc. and then got KTFO by Browne and Bigfoot.

Thank you. People who actually think Toney is going to "box up" Rampage, especially at the pitiful shape he's in now should be written off as borderline retarded.

So should people who think TJ's shot at Barao is comparable to "every title shot Randy Couture ever got".

So should people who think TJ's shot at Barao is comparable to "every title shot Randy Couture ever got".

Hahaha way to go off topic. Also, I never said that. I only pointed to the title shots Randy got while coming off of losses, one time he got a shot coming off two straight losses. That's not earned in anyway.

But it doesn't really matter, TJ clearly was a top-5 BW seeing as he absolutely owned Barao. I can understand you're butthurt so I won't rub it in. Couture's title shots are all deserved if it makes you feel better :D

Hahaha way to go off topic. Also, I never said that. I only pointed to the title shots Randy got while coming off of losses, one time he got a shot coming off two straight losses. That's not earned in anyway.

But it doesn't really matter, TJ clearly was a top-5 BW seeing as he absolutely owned Barao. I can understand you're butthurt so I won't rub it in. Couture's title shots are all deserved if it makes you feel better :D

I'm not "butthurt" at all.

And exactly what are you referring to when you say Randy came off two straight loses but received a title shot anyway? Are you referring to the Chuck fight? Tito was the champion of that division, not Chuck. Randy beat Chuck (the number 1 contender) and then fought Tito for the unified title.

Perhaps had you stayed to see what I typed in that thread, I wouldn't have had to re-type it here.

And Barnett was on roids and stripped of that title. Couture fought Rodriguez for the vacant belt.

I'm not "butthurt" at all.

And exactly what are you referring to when you say Randy came off two straight loses but received a title shot anyway? Are you referring to the Chuck fight? Tito was the champion of that division, not Chuck. Randy beat Chuck (the number 1 contender) and then fought Tito for the unified title.

Perhaps had you stayed to see what I typed in that thread, I wouldn't have had to re-type it here.

And Barnett was on roids and stripped of that title. Couture fought Rodriguez for the vacant belt.

Lol you sound pretty butthurt. We've already had this exact same argument. IMO Randy has many undeserved title shots. That's really all their is to it. I doubt you can find me another UFC fighter with as many shots coming off losses.

Keep crying. I don't even really care about Randy but you obviously are clinging to his nuts. I had completely forgot even talking about him.

If this happens as a MMA fight. I see Rampage getting a TKO. Rocking Toney and then finishing him on the ground. At this stage, Toney is so far gone I don't think he can stand with Rampage.

I DO want this to happen. I'll be watching for sure.

Lol you sound pretty butthurt. We've already had this exact same argument. IMO Randy has many undeserved title shots. That's really all their is to it. I doubt you can find me another UFC fighter with as many shots coming off losses.

Keep crying. I don't even really care about Randy but you obviously are clinging to his nuts. I had completely forgot even talking about him.

Ok, so you think I am "butthurt", great. TJ fought a great fight and deserved to win. And I wasn't clinging to any ones nuts, I was just proving a point. And besides his return to the UFC when he fought Sylvia, you can't provide 1 other "undeserved" title shot (Lol @ his fight with Tito being undeserved as if beating the number 1 contender wasn't enough of a reason to warrant a shot at Tito's belt).

I got nothing more to say about that.

Rampage/Wandy in Bellator. Looks like Wandy is gonna be cut for running away from a drug test.

Looks like Wandy vs Tito, Mo, Page, Newton, Vegh in Bellator will be coming.

Rampage/Wandy in Bellator

Nah, they already fought 3x and Rampage made quick work of him the 3rd time. Wanderlei/Newton for the title since Rampage is too chicken shit to fight Newton.

Rampage was too scared to exchange with Igor in PRIDE. He'd definitely go for the takedown on Toney. I have no interest in this unless it was a pure boxing contest.

Back