Rumored Rampage vs Fedor headlines Bellator 1st ever show in Japan

I don't like this.

I would like to see Fedor vs Werdum 2.
Werdum isn't eligible to fight until May of next year. He also has 2 fights remaining on his UFC contract. I don't think you'll ever see that rematch.

Rampage got King Mo'd and then Sonnen'd recently but you don't think Fedor can do the same to that fat unmotivated plodder with no takedown defence? I know it only takes one shot to put Fedor out but you could say the same for King Mo, and it doesn't take much more to get Sonnen out of there either.

If rampage is smart he'll surprise fedor with a flying arm bar.
I'm hoping Fedor is the one pulling off another flying armbar lol

The Japanese will get their dicks hard over this
uhTXX0ah.jpg

I’m super stoked if this happens. It would be a throwback to pride fans.

I don't like this matchup for Fedor as he's so vunrable to a hard shot now, and Rampage has his power still. In the past I'd have bet my house on him overwhelming Rampage and stopping him in the first. Nowadays he'll have to fight with caution and strategy.
But if it comes off, then I'm headed to Japan for New year's. Maybe my last and only chance to see the great man fight live.

I agree. If Fedor fights smart, he'll grapple. Just take Rampage down and the dude is going to gas in like 2 minutes based on how he looks nowadays. If Fedor goes headhunting it's 50/50 whether Fedor gets cracked first or Rampage gasses out and Fedor stops him via strikes.
Fedor very dangerous still on feet still just lacks chin but good recovery still is decent

Werdum isn't eligible to fight until May of next year. He also has 2 fights remaining on his UFC contract. I don't think you'll ever see that rematch.

Werdum would kill Fedor if hes anything close to the same fighter he was 2 years ago.

I can't see Rampage losing this. Still has a great chin and can throw big power. Fedor goes down way to easy these days.

I doubt it happens. Bellator's probably not making tons of money and it's expensive to do stuff overseas, especially for the first time. If it happens though, I'm taking a vacation to Japan!

What's the testing in bellator? Are they getting tested only on the fight night? I hope so, because otherwise it'll be a slopfest.

SUPER FIGHT!!!! This one is actually the most interesting than most of Fedors fights over the years.

Unfortunately Fedor has the fight IQ of a chipmunk these days.

Fully expect him to walk into the rare Rampage left hook bomb, at this point. He has just completely abandoned fight strategy in favour of bar brawling (a fight style that doesn't exactly favour him, considering that his chin is completely gone).

Would've never expected that from the cerebral fighter that he used to be, but I guess God works in mysterious ways.

Back