Rampage vs Anderson (in primes) at LHW

Proper interesting fight. I’d say I think Anderson would take it.

Anderson would piece rampage apart on their feet, rampage would get frustrated, he would wrestle anderson to the ground, manhandle him a little and then get submitted, although rampage has that knockout power that only needs one punch to connect, I don’t see Anderson letting him close the distance.

Imagine Anderson did a rich franklin to rampage :eek: deja vu

If 2007 Rampage fought 2009 Anderson Silva at 205 lbs...

The Rampage that Koed Chuck for the title and decisioned Hendo was in the best shape of his entire career. His boxing was crisp, cardio on point, etc....But when he fought Forrest he seemed to be out of shape for sure... At that same time Anderson was on a warpath.. On his way to cleaning out the division and taking out some LHW's on the way... In 2008 he starched LHW James Irvin and in 2009 he matrixed Forrest Griffin.

So lets go prime vs prime here.. or at least what i'm going to call their "prime moments" in the UFC

so again...
2007 Rampage vs 2009 Anderson Silva at LHW.... Who wins?

66z2n7.jpg

zsv5w3.gif

giphy.gif

anderson-silva_james-irvin.gif
Silva via decision

A fight I'd like to see but Anderson beats him and I d see a finish. Especially back in those days, Andy morphed into a decent sized 205. In fact, he was downright scary the 2-3 times he ascended a class.

I'll never forget the last thing we hear before Anderson fights Irvin. James 's soundbite " I'm going to show Anderson why we have weight classes " ......

Irvin( sandman) - a respected 205er was then brutally put down within a minute or so and left with an Anderson Silva souvenir- a vagina was put on the side of Irvins face .I dont know how many stitches were needed to close that thing up but it was significant.

They both fought Griffin and Hendo around the same time. Rampage lost to Forrest and was losing to Hendo until he gassed. Anderson stopped Hendo and completley embarrassed Forrest. Silva was an entirely different class of fighter than Rampage.

Anderson by stoppage.

Lol @ anyone thinking Rampage had better boxing.

Prime Anderson was just on another level

The only 2 guys that could be competitive with him would be prime jones n prime fedor

I think you need to add Lyoto to that list... Double Crane Kick Double KO !!

The only 2 guys that could be competitive with him would be prime jones n prime fedor
"The only 2"..... ROFL

He'd have been wrecked by numerous guys above 185 which is why he cherrypicked 2 pillowfisted strikers with no wrestling and James Can Irvin at 205.

Cain Velasquez would beat the piss out of Anderson.

Cain Velasquez would beat the piss out of Anderson.

1.gif

Maybe, but I doubt it.

He was very hittable

Stiff Kongo was able to drop him

WearyJadedBettong-size_restricted.gif

If that was Silva he would’ve finished him

Despite fighting only two handpicked light heavyweights?

No way.

"The only 2"..... ROFL

He'd have been wrecked by numerous guys above 185 which is why he cherrypicked 2 pillowfisted strikers with no wrestling and James Can Irvin at 205.

Cherrypicking n ducking is something gsp does

lhw were Turing fight with anderson down

Before Irvin fight 4 guys (top guys) turn down the fight with Anderson.

Griffin was one fight removed from being the champ (fight he was winning)

N For Bonnar fight he stepped in last second to save a card in Brazil.

Back