Rampage sponsored by Reebok; UFC won't allow him to wear their products

i would like to see a nike fighter vs a rebok fighter that is tight.

There's a list of companies you can wear for the UFC. Got to pay the fees to get on TV.

If they didn't regulate it, every schmo would have goldenpalace.com written in marker on their backs. Welcome to the real world.

part of being an independent contractor is being free to do certain things that pertain to the job at hand. unless both parties have a contractual agreement stating otherwise. i view sponsorships the same way. if a fighter wants to wear a particular sponsor thats willing to pay the agreed upon fees there is no reason for the ufc to block it.

why would the ufc care who sponsors rampage unless they in some way affect the ufc's image negatively?

if nike is the reason, thats a whole different scenario i don't want to mess with, though i don't get why nike would care if reebok sponsors page.

Because it's not a fucking democracy. It's a dictatorship, and if fighters dont like it, they are free to ply their trade elsewhere. However, as Rampage will soon learn, the grass isnt always greener.

Because it's not a fucking democracy. It's a dictatorship, and if fighters dont like it, they are free to ply their trade elsewhere. However, as Rampage will soon learn, the grass isnt always greener.

?:icon_lol:

sure?

training requires shoes...DUHHHHHHHH

People don't watch them training every day. They only care about the 15 minutes of ass kicking in the octagon. That ass-kicking involves no shoes whatsoever.

People don't watch them training every day. They only care about the 15 minutes of ass kicking in the octagon. That ass-kicking involves no shoes whatsoever.

Well not exactly sure, but I've only seen GSP wear his Under Armour clothes while training and in promos, I don't know if I've never seen him wear it while fighting. He always wears an Affliction shirt post fight and I don't know if I've ever seen an Under Armour logo on his shorts, but it could be that the shorts themselves are Under Armour

Why do the UFC meddle in a fighter's affair such as sponsorship?

Because, as a company, you can't be sponsored by Bud Light on national television and then have a fighter roll up wearing Coors shorts and hanging up a big-ass Coors banner.

Shame for Rampage.

UFC really sucking up to NIKE.

It better b because reebok didnt pay the ufc if its some shady shit like they dont want rampage to get more money then what a piece of shit dana is. Dana better comment on this.

Oh he will comment on it but it will be something stupid and hardly go into it and the daft reporters will then just shut up and carry on as normal.

business as usual... many professional sports orgs such as the NFL have the same type of deal with their sponsors..

I'm with the UFC on this one. It's the same thing every other sport does.

You are giving these sponsors national TV coverage to advertise their brand. You have to pay UFC a cut so your brand can appear on TV. No free avertising.

Edit: Nevermind, if Reebok hasn't paid the fee, then that's on them. Sucks for Rampage though.

The UFC has got to stop this "This sponsor isn't allowed" crap

Fighters should be allowed to be sponsored by anyone and then allowed to wear their stuff and hold up signs or whatever they need to do.

OTHERWISE, the UFC should have to pay them extra money for what they're losing in not being able to use their sponsors

Back