Rampage sponsored by Reebok; UFC won't allow him to wear their products

I remembered Rampage have some henna tatto or something like from a tire sponsor at Pride, I didn't found any pic. but what happen if he does that?

Some of the guys in smaller shows (I've seen a lot from the old TKO/UCC replays) have done that. I would assume there's likely some ban/regulation against that (could be used to hide a lubricant?).

He should just go into the cage wearing Reebok gear anyway, last fight in the UFC...who's gonna stop him?

There are also boxers with henna tattos of sponsors really Rampage should do it what should the UFC do blur his whole body? He wants to leave the UFC anyway so it's not like he has something to lose and it would be hilarious

Sponsors have to first pay the ufc like 75k to then be able to sponsor fighters and put their logo on them for the fight.

They can sponsor Rampage outside the UFC all they want

It's 50k a year for UFC last I heard, and 35k for Strikeforce. If you paid them both at the same time you got a 10k price break for a total of 75k. I haven't talked about it with the guy I know since SF shut down so it could be 75 now for just the UFC.

It's definitely possible that the UFC has signed a contract with one of the shoe sponsors that forbids a player from wearing Reebok into the octagon.

This happens in college basketball. Jordan's son couldn't wear Nikes because he was at a school sponsored by ADIDAS.

Either way it sucks for Rampage because it's money coming out of his pocket and he isn't getting a cut of any other UFC deals.

Right thats because the whole team is sponsored by that company. Is the whole UFC sponsored by Nike now? If so why does GSP still get Under Armour ( they make shoes too).

It's like you people have never seen another sport in your life

RG3 is sponsored by Adadis, but the NFL has a deal with Nike. So when RG3 wore an Adadis shirt at a press conference he was fined 10k. Earlier he covered up the Nike logo during warm ups, and was fined for that too.

It's not like this sort of thing isn't common practice.

Ok, and who sponsors the UFC?

I was also under the impression sponsors had to pay the UFC before they could be shown inside the UFC. With only 1 fight left on his contract, I doubt they see any value in paying that fee.

Right thats because the whole team is sponsored by that company. Is the whole UFC sponsored by Nike now? If so why does GSP still get Under Armour ( they make shoes too).

No, it's because the league has an exclusive contract. We don't know the details of the UFC's contract obligations so pointing out a completely different company has no effect on the argument.

Plus, does GSP wear any Under Armour gear into the cage/on his sponsorship banner? I honestly don't remember.

It really amazes me how little sherdogers know about this stuff. Every major sport has sponsors it allows on its production and sponsors it doesn't.

Rampages relationship with the UFC isnt good doesnt surprise me

lol ufc is paying soo much fighters they don't need sponsors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it's because the league has an exclusive contract. We don't know the details of the UFC's contract obligations so pointing out a completely different company has no effect on the argument.

Plus, does GSP wear any Under Armour gear into the cage/on his sponsorship banner? I honestly don't remember.

No college basketball ( the example you gave) sponsors are based off the team, not the NCAA... Different teams are sponsored by Nike, Addidas, Jordan Brand, etc. Similar to the UFC where the fighters have different sponsors.

No college basketball ( the example you gave) sponsors are based off the team, not the NCAA... Different teams are sponsored by Nike, Addidas, Jordan Brand, etc. Similar to the UFC where the fighters have different sponsors.

There are many examples of this and none of them make you correct. The UFC has a contract with a sponsor. The fighters are the UFC's employees. If they want to wear a specific sponsor in the cage, they need the UFC's approval just like NFL players need permission from the NFL, NCAA players need permission from the NCAA and you would need permission from your boss.

Fighters are not allowed to wear whatever they want because it might conflict with existing contracts or simply conflict with the image that the UFC wants to uphold.

There are many examples of this and none of them make you correct. The UFC has a contract with a sponsor. The fighters are the UFC's employees. If they want to wear a specific sponsor in the cage, they need the UFC's approval just like NFL players need permission from the NFL, NCAA players need permission from the NCAA and you would need permission from your boss.

Fighters are not allowed to wear whatever they want because it might conflict with existing contracts or simply conflict with the image that the UFC wants to uphold.

I understand that, my thing is what is the issue with Reebok? People are saying because of Nike, but the UFC never said Nike was a sponsor.

I understand that, my thing is what is the issue with Reebok? People are saying because of Nike, but the UFC never said Nike was a sponsor.

That is just people guessing. We have no idea why the UFC won't allow Reebok.

The most likely answer is that a Reebok sponsorship conflicts with another sponsor. Since there are relatively few shoe companies allowed in the cage, people are speculating that it's Nike since they are Reebok's biggest rival and we've seen the Nike logo inside the octagon.

The unlikely answer, although still possible, is that the UFC is trying to screw over Rampage specifically.

It better b because reebok didnt pay the ufc if its some shady shit like they dont want rampage to get more money then what a piece of shit dana is. Dana better comment on this.

never heard of an up and coming fighter from PA who could box.... not in NAAFS.... not in that new pinnacle promo........ not even one.

CLEVELAND STAND UP

Back