Rampage sponsored by Reebok; UFC won't allow him to wear their products

So what happens if Rampage shows up on fight night decked out in Reebok gear? Would the UFC say take it off or don't fight? Serious question.

they would blur it out, they've done it before.

i doubt they would stop rampage from fighting over it if he insisted, but you never really know

So what happens if Rampage shows up on fight night decked out in Reebok gear? Would the UFC say take it off or don't fight? Serious question.

No way they wouldn't let him fight. They would probably ask him to change and if he refused fine him or something.

Rampage said on the call, that he was told "it wouldn't be fair to the other sponsors".

He gonna go broke faster then MC Hammer at this rate!
Geez Rampage stop doing that! He too Affa...

It's definitely possible that the UFC has signed a contract with one of the shoe sponsors that forbids a player from wearing Reebok into the octagon.

This happens in college basketball. Jordan's son couldn't wear Nikes because he was at a school sponsored by ADIDAS.

Either way it sucks for Rampage because it's money coming out of his pocket and he isn't getting a cut of any other UFC deals.

More big sponsors are good for all fighters including the Nike sponsored ones.
Only allowing Nike pretty much limits what Nike will pay a fighter.

This is actually a pretty big deal. If everyone always wants to add sponsorship money when taking about fighter pay.

I guess, but I thought the Nike sponsorships benefit the fighters and not actually the UFC itself.

Well it does benefit the fighters the most right now. But if things work well for Nike maybe they choose to become a major sponsor of events (ie:Bud light). Then UFC reaps huge benefits off it.

thats stupid, they sponsor the fighter not the ufc.

And the only reason the advertising space on the fighter is as valuable as it is, is because of the UFC. The same fighter on the same night, but in Bellator, will make less money. Simple fact. Hell, perhaps without the exposure of being in the UFC, Reebok might not have even bothered sponsoring him.

Thus, the UFC is right to expect some form of compensation to allow these brands to advertise on their product. TV networks do the same thing (hell why they exist. TV shows are only there to sell advertising space/time).

and Bones with KSwiss

Yeah, but Form Athletics went under, leading Bones to being the first MMA fighter with a global sponsorship deal with Nike (Anderson's, at the time, was a Brazil-only deal).

It's definitely possible that the UFC has signed a contract with one of the shoe sponsors that forbids a player from wearing Reebok into the octagon.

This happens in college basketball. Jordan's son couldn't wear Nikes because he was at a school sponsored by ADIDAS.

Either way it sucks for Rampage because it's money coming out of his pocket and he isn't getting a cut of any other UFC deals.

UFC is not an amateur... In fact sponsorship's are said to be a decent chunk of the lower level fighters pay...

the ufc wants more recognition, yet when someone gets a mainstream sponsor, they can't wear it....ridiculous

UFC is not an amateur... In fact sponsorship's are said to be a decent chunk of the lower level fighters pay...

What does amateurism have to do with it? If the UFC signs a contract with a company saying that certain other companies aren't allowed in the octagon, then they aren't going to allow anyone to wear it.

Well it does benefit the fighters the most right now. But if things work well for Nike maybe they choose to become a major sponsor of events (ie:Bud light). Then UFC reaps huge benefits off it.

Yeah I suppose, seems like a bit of a long shot at this point... but who knows?

It happens in all the big leagues, surprised it took this long for someone to bring it up. Its business.

I remembered Rampage have some henna tatto or something like from a tire sponsor at Pride, I didn't found any pic. but what happen if he does that?

I don't understand why this is any of our concern.

It's like you people have never seen another sport in your life

RG3 is sponsored by Adadis, but the NFL has a deal with Nike. So when RG3 wore an Adadis shirt at a press conference he was fined 10k. Earlier he covered up the Nike logo during warm ups, and was fined for that too.

It's not like this sort of thing isn't common practice.

Back