Rampage says Mayhem is making a comeback

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I don't have the link but there's an article on mmamania. It doesn't say where but Rampage insists his knees are better and he's making a comeback.

quote " He's very knowledgeable in MMA. And you know, Mayhem saw me make a comeback, and that has motivated him to make a comeback. So he has decided to make a comeback in MMA. He finally got his knee fixed."

Last edited:
Im willing to forget the past couple of years if he is willing to come back and fight like the old Mayhem.

Dude is really underrated.

jason already said he was coming back so this isn't shocking, i figured he would. before the injuries he was a solid fighter.

He would add some much needed depth to the MW or WW division if he really is weighing 173 right now

Wonder if Bellator would sign him. They tend to avoid UFC castoffs for the most part, but they have made exceptions, and I could see Mayhem being one of those exceptions.

Has name recognition, has some good wins on his record, and was actually ahead in both of his UFC fights at one point or another, leading up to his release.

But then again, you never know who Bjorn is going to say he's "not interested in signing."

Guess I can understand with Okami/Fitch/Palhares/Shields, all for varying reasons... But I would've bet money that they would've jumped all over picking up Guillard, especially after coming off 2 quick impressive finishes on main cards, and then only dropping a decision to a fighter that's widely regarded as a future contender...

Tough to tell, really.

Honestly, Mayhem's giant problem is his mental health. If he got that in-line, he'd still be at least a UFC gatekeeper.

Wonder if Bellator would sign him. They tend to avoid UFC castoffs for the most part, but they have made exceptions, and I could see Mayhem being one of those exceptions.

Has name recognition, has some good wins on his record, and was actually ahead in both of his UFC fights at one point or another, leading up to his release.

But then again, you never know who Bjorn is going to say he's "not interested in signing."

Guess I can understand with Okami/Fitch/Palhares/Shields, all for varying reasons... But I would've bet money that they would've jumped all over picking up Guillard, especially after coming off 2 quick impressive finishes on main cards, and then only dropping a decision to a fighter that's widely regarded as a future contender...

Tough to tell, really.

Fitch, Palhares, Shields, Melvin, Okami?

Nah, give me Alessio, Baroni and Let Me Bang Bro.

It's going to be hilarious seeing him comeback and get steamrolled when he fights any decent fighter. He's best off fighting unknown guys with even records. Once he steps up and fights guys recognizable fighters with win records, you know he's getting steamrolled.

Mayhem is a legit fighter. Beating Bisping before the adrenaline dump & would have killed CB if not for the injury..

Fitch, Palhares, Shields, Melvin, Okami?

Nah, give me Alessio, Baroni and Let Me Bang Bro.

you are aware Julian Lane fought in Bellator before he was on TUF so that statement holds no value.

It's going to be hilarious seeing him comeback and get steamrolled when he fights any decent fighter. He's best off fighting unknown guys with even records. Once he steps up and fights guys recognizable fighters with win records, you know he's getting steamrolled.

He's a good fighter.

Im willing to forget the past couple of years if he is willing to come back and fight like the old Mayhem.

Dude is really underrated.

This. Mayhem is seriously underrated. If he could get more power in his hands he would be top 3 eventually

This. Mayhem is seriously underrated. If he could get more power in his hands he would be top 3 eventually

bug-eyed.jpg

If anything, he'd be better off bulking up and either being a big MW or small LHW. The WWs in Bellator or WSOF would fuck his shit up.

Saw Meyhem at some local fights this past Saturday in Orange County, and I gotta say he was SUPER drunk and acting incredibly stupid.

I remember telling my wife and son "can you believe that guy was fighting in the UFC a year or so ago?".

Maybe he was just having a wild night out, but he certainly didn't look like a guy getting serious with his career. Looked like his mental health and substance issues were really out of control.

Back