Rampage " ...Jon Jones is the type of of guy you have to fight twice."

Gus will beat him next time

Yes. Well Me and many others thought he won the first one. Winning a decision is an opinion by judges anyway. Jones was more beat up and injured after the fight. The look on his face alone tells me he knows he lost after the gus fight.

But it's weird when people think they know what will happen in fights.

It truly is. And oddly enough, the longer some of these people have watched the sport, the less they seem to be aware of the inherent pseudo-randomness of the outcomes. You'd expect the learning curve to go the other way around.

There won't be "next time". He's getting pummelled by rumble n then becomes lhw gatekeeper

He's much too fast for rumble and has way too many tools in his bag.

I wont bet against JJ, but people are talking like only JJ can improve between now and the potential rematch. That's ridiculous.

I think the whole "I didn't take the fight seriously, I didn't prepare right etc." is just part of JJ's physiological warfare. He tells the world and he tells himself constantly he's the best until we all believe it. Notice he complains that people even think someone has a chance to beat him, that's kind of ridiculous, why else would we sit down and watch the fights?

But anyway, I think Rampage has a point, (of course Rampage is semi-retired by now so this discussion is not about him). I don't think it will be enough though and I think JJ will win the rematch with Gus if it happens.

Still it's an interesting view, JJ is hard to emulate because he is a unique athlete. The only way to get ready for him is, maybe, to fight him once.

I gave 60% chance to DC. I was wrong. Now I'm sure Jones will beat Gus easily.

Depends on the fighter. Rashad, Cormier, Glover, Vitor, Shogun etc. They could fight him 5 times and they are likely losing all 5.

Gustafsson on the other hand presents some real problems. His movement and his boxing are elite - He cuts angles that makes it very difficult for Bones to take him down. His movement makes Jon miss and when you have an 84' reach missing jabs can become very damaging. You're slower to retract and as a result easier to get countered.

Bones stated after that fight that he didn't work on his wrestling. I'm not sure if I believe this but lets say it's true

I respect Jones, he's the most talented guy in the division along with Gus. History reveals eventually one of these guys will beat him though. St. Pierre and Fedor never went undefeated.

After defeating Gustaffson 2x and whomever is a contender still needs to happen first, until then there's unfinished work.

If JJ beats winner of Gus/AJ there is no point in staying at LHW. Time to move on.

jbj doesn't do rematches, some of his best strategies are determining who he doesn't fight. Hell, he will cancel an entire card to avoid an opponent!

the only thing to beat jones is time, he's got 10 years left before he throws a kick which gets checked by his opponent and breaks it in half.

You people are crazy if you think JJ is going to do better against Gus the second time.

He was holding his hands out to measure Gus' distance and Gus was straight lighting him up with punches. JJ took a TON of damage in that fight - and thats just in the striking department. In the wrestling department he got his ass handed to him. Gus was taking him down at will.

What is Greg jackson going to do? Clone a version of Jon Jones with better boxing skills and have his fighter train with that?

Gus has to go into this fight with better cardio to win. Jon Jones has to re-learn boxing because he has relied so heavily on his reach. Then he has to find a sparring partner that is as big as Gus is. One with just as good wrestling skills as his. But better boxing.

Gus will beat JJ in the rematch.

LOL please no. He has basically cleaned out the division fight a few more then move up.

You guys are grasping at straws you want Jones to lose so badly.

Jones already beat him He has nothing to prove. It is the other way around.

I hope that Gus can win. I will root for him, but more than likely Jones will master his movement and be much more ready for Gus this time around. Not the other way around. Jones has proven that he can take every guy out in later rounds and push harder. Gus has not proven that. He has proven that he will wither eraser than Jones will. It is Gus that has to prove that he can pull this off.

Jones will be favored again, and you guys that hate him so bad are setting yourselves up for another major let down again.

Gustafsson on the other hand presents some real problems. His movement and his boxing are elite - He cuts angles that makes it very difficult for Bones to take him down. His movement makes Jon miss and when you have an 84' reach missing jabs can become very damaging. You're slower to retract and as a result easier to get countered.

This is how I thought DC should of fought Jones. Use a lot of lateral movement, let Jones be first and counter. Instead he kept walking straight forward running into kicks and knees.

Jones said it.

This time around he won't and he might not batter him, but I bet that the fight is a lot less close with Jones winning again.

Jones said numerous times before the Gus fight that "he couldn't wait to fight Gus so that he could show people that reach wasn't a factor".

Eagerly anticipating a fight and wanting a prove a point doesn't strike me as reasons to take a fight lightly. Jones made that excuse AFTER the gus fight.

Jones changes as a fighter between fights. Even if you have a rematch, he's not going to do the same things to you so your previous experience with him wouldn't count for much.

Jones said numerous times before the Gus fight that "he couldn't wait to fight Gus so that he could show people that reach wasn't a factor".

Eagerly anticipating a fight and wanting a prove a point doesn't strike me as reasons to take a fight lightly. Jones made that excuse AFTER the gus fight.

This

Back