Rampage Jackson vs Anderson Silva in their primes at 205 who would win?

GriffinLHWChamp

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Looking at old Rampage tape.. man I forgot how good he was. No doubt in my mind in his prime Rampage would reign over 205 today with Jon Jones away.

Anyway, I got Rampage winning it. Slind of unfair because Rampsge js lefit 205 and Anderson should be at MW but he did fight a lot at 205 and was an all time great maybe the goat. Only 2 I think could be argued were Jon Jones or GSP. I think maybe. Anyway, despite it all I'd pick Rampage at 205. What a fighter.

People really do forget how good he was. I respect this post for just knowing your shit this well!

I think Rampage beats most early versions of Andy. But Andy vs Griffin version would have slapped Rampage - both because Silva was in The Matrix, and Page was past it.

Anderson who beat Hendo would have been a great fight against the Rampage that fought Hendo.

Rampage. Better hands,iron chin,one punch KO power,good striking defense. Add the incredible strength and the wrestling,its not a good night for the spider.

Page is weak to the thai clinch,but Anderson wouldnt be strong enough to control him like the Axe murderer could

Common opponents: Hendo and Forrest. Anderson was more impressive than Rampage when he fought them. Saying that though, Rampage had the power and size/strength advantage. I’m still leaning towards Anderson. He was the more complete fighter.

Common opponents: Hendo and Forrest. Anderson was more impressive than Rampage when he fought them. Saying that though, Rampage had the power and size/strength advantage. I’m still leaning towards Anderson. He was the more complete fighter.
Yeah but I think Rampage stylistically would have been tougher for Anderson to beat. I think Anderson has a hard time hurting the guy and really doesnt want to throw hands with him. He would have to try and stay away and land leg kicks like Forrest did,but when he gets hit (and he will) he might not be able to take those punches as well.

Looking at old Rampage tape.. man I forgot how good he was. No doubt in my mind in his prime Rampage would reign over 205 today with Jon Jones away.

Anyway, I got Rampage winning it. Slind of unfair because Rampsge js lefit 205 and Anderson should be at MW but he did fight a lot at 205 and was an all time great maybe the goat. Only 2 I think could be argued were Jon Jones or GSP. I think maybe. Anyway, despite it all I'd pick Rampage at 205. What a fighter.

He was one of my favorites in PRIDE and he'll always be one of my favorites.

He could slam anyone, he was tough as nails, he would brawl, or smash you GNP style.

Wandy was his kryptonite for awhile, but he was that for a lot of people.

Rampage would smash a lot of people in his prime, loved that dude.

I feel you, but common opponent thing doesn’t really work. And the Quinton that fought Forrest wasn’t “Rampage”. I’d actually say that Rampage was never “Rampage” again after that Hendo fight. The contract disputes and coach issues..with injuries did him in…mentally and physically.

We all remember him going bonkers on the highway after that fight.

He was one of my favorites in PRIDE and he'll always be one of my favorites.

He could slam anyone, he was tough as nails, he would brawl, or smash you GNP style.

Wandy was his kryptonite for awhile, but he was that for a lot of people.

Rampage would smash a lot of people in his prime, loved that dude.
I think Page's problem in the first fight is he had no answer for the clinch.

In the second fight he gassed in the 2nd rd and Wanderlei's defense in the first round in the guard mitigated alot of page's offense.

Then when he was gassed in the 2nd,page just got finished in the clinch again,he still had no answer to it.

I feel you, but common opponent thing doesn’t really work. And the Quinton that fought Forrest wasn’t “Rampage”. I’d actually say that Rampage was never “Rampage” again after that Hendo fight. The contract disputes and coach issues..with injuries did him in.
I think its before that even. The 2nd wandy fight took something from him. Also he seemed to wrestle less and less from this point on,and focused on his boxing. Probably due to injuries.

The boxing trainer who trained him for Chuck in UFC, I thought they were perfect together to see the best rampage. But they had a falling away after this fight and Rampage never looked as good imo. I thought his head movement and hands and timing and accuracy was impressive. If they stayed together man Rampage would have done allot more imo. Rampage is Lazy too though, it could have been this trainer pushed him right? But no, he was a perfect trainer for him. Oh well. ...Had this guy trained him, looked up his name, Juanito Ibarra...I would throw Rampage in the mix as a possibility vs AS or a better chance vs JJ.

I think AS and JJ would be the fight.

I think Page's problem in the first fight is he had no answer for the clinch.

In the second fight he gassed in the 2nd rd and Wanderlei's defense in the first round in the guard mitigated alot of page's offense.

Then when he was gassed in the 2nd,page just got finished in the clinch again,he still had no answer to it.

I honestly don't think I have ever been as depressed as I was for those 2 fights sir.
I thought for sure Rampage was going to fuck him up in that second fight...Wandy was just too much with those fucking knees lol.

The boxing trainer who trained him for Chuck in UFC, I thought they were perfect together to see the best rampage. But they had a falling away after this fight and Rampage never looked as good imo. I thought his head movement and hands and timing and accuracy was impressive. If they stayed together man Rampage would have done allot more imo. Rampage is Lazy too though, it could have been this trainer pushed him right? But no, he was a perfect trainer for him. Oh well. ...Had this guy trained him, looked up his name, Juanito Ibarra...I would throw Rampage in the mix as a possibility vs AS or a better chance vs JJ.

I think AS and JJ would be the fight.
His hands improved,but he stopped wrestling as much but I can see now it was probably injuries causin that.

I think its before that even. The 2nd wandy fight took something from him. Also he seemed to wrestle less and less from this point on,and focused on his boxing. Probably due to injuries.

Yeah he said it was from back problems.

Back