**Rampage Jackson for HOF**

people are judgmental of his recent actions, but he has wins over chuck, wanderlei, henderson etc. in the ufc, he was a title holder who defended the belt, and if you give any credence to his pride days, seems like an obvious decision

again, people are butthurt about his recent attitude, but that will go away over time

people are judgmental of his recent actions, but he has wins over chuck, wanderlei, henderson etc. in the ufc, he was a title holder who defended the belt, and if you give any credence to his pride days, seems like an obvious decision

again, people are butthurt about his recent attitude, but that will go away over time

Well put, i agree. I don't like Rampage as much as i used to, but he is for sure a HOFer imo.

I'm a Page fan, but I don't think his UFC accomplishments warrant induction to the HOF. And would Dana even let him in?

Ufc hall of fame is a joke,I. t should be MMA hall of fame.

MMA hall of fame

1. Fedor
2. Royce
3. Sakuraba
4. Couture
5. Liddell
6. Crocop
7. Tito
8. Severn
9. Coleman
10. Hughes

Also believe there should be voting within the MMA community with the fans given a small amount of voting power. And yes Rampage should be in any hall of fame. Ufc, mma and biggest excuse maker with Tito.

I think you are pretty much spot on in your rational, though i would put Ortiz in and not Rampage. MMA is very young but can be divided into modern mma and historical. To me, Rampage is in modern era. Old school guys i would add to your list are Frye and Taktarov and maybe Tank only because i judge modern mma different from the old school. Rampage was great, but not elite for HoF. And im a big fan

27 people voted no? shows how knowledgeable ppl on this forum are. no wonder there are so many stupid posts, talking to retards

I think he will get in but I really dont care to see him there. He has good wins in his career and had a title in the UFC but his personality and demeanor arent good for anybody.

Not a HOF record in my opinion, nor has he really done anything to further the sport since his entrance into the UFC. Yeah, he won the title and defended it once, but a lot of people have done that.

Rampage's MMA career has been legendary, his UFC career has not.

Since the UFC hall of fame is ostensibly an MMA hall of fame then yeah he should get in since he was almost always a fixture in the top 5 of his division in Pride and UFC for the past 9-10 years. So I say yes given the current criteria.

If the UFC hall of fame was strict, and limited to actions done either inside the UFC cage, or to better the UFC itself, then I'd say he's teetering on the "NO" side. He's 7-4 in the UFC, and likely about to go 7-5 with a gift W against Machida. He won the title and defended it once, but that was his peak. Quinton was not a pioneer, nor did he push the UFC anywhere it hadn't been before him. The fact that he dethroned Chuck and unified the Pride and UFC LHW/MW belts is what would keep him in this conversation if it was what I believe to be a "real" hall of fame.

his win over machida was one lf the worst robberies ever. if being a former champ means HOF material than yes. if HOF is the overall charisma of a fighter as a person along with his cage performance then i'd say no. rampage has too many flaws. he was: a douche on TUF, isn't too fan friendly,went on a rampage with his truck, lately has been a boring one dimensional fighter, and whines too much nowadays.

Not until Frank Shamrock get his dues

Well put, i agree. I don't like Rampage as much as i used to, but he is for sure a HOFer imo.

right, i tend to disagree with the majority here - i dont like his loss of passion, but i also agree with a lot of the pro fighter, anti org sentiment that he lets off - its good that some people speak up, because i believe it helps the other fighters - public attention to fighters 'not making enough money' is good because they will make more and thats what im all about

there is no morally right or wrong amount, its always just a negotiation between two parties who use all kinds of arguments and pull any emotional string to get their way

im annoyed that he doesnt take mma as seriously, but im used to that as a big fan of matt hughes and bj penn - its annoying but still gotta love the guys - i can see how they get lazy and just want to chill

You should have added a "maybe" slot. Because that's where I am, I didn't vote.

I'm particularly picky about HOF'ers. The only worthy HOF'ers so far are Hughes, Chuck, Tito, and Randy, IMO. I wouldn't necessarily put Rampage in there but I'm just picky.

Unless he and Dana have some monumental breakthrough in their relationship, I imagine that Page will leave the UFC for Bellator, and that would absolutely cement his spot as NOT ever touching the HOF as long as Dana is alive...

Nah, he'd make it to the UFC HOF eventually, just not when he was actively fighting for Bellator. Dana's put people in there that he's had waaaay bigger issues with than Page.

Rampage is one of my favorite fighters, but I personally don't think he has done enough to be HOF worthy.

there is no doubt Rampage should be in the HOF, ofcourse the dumb ass haters would say other wise

yes

former ufc champ, unified pride and ufc lhw belts, only man to beat chuck twice

Back