Rampage Jackson (35-11) v. Fabio Maldonado (22-7)

It's a great matchup, Maldonado can take a punch, Page can give one.

Page is aging coming back, and Maldonado is a mid level fighter.

Excellent

Maldonado's fans are some of the biggest idiots of Sherdog, and that's saying a lot.

A lot of them seem to have disappeared after his fight with Stipe though.

This fight is kind of a waste of Rampage as he's going to destroy Fabio and it's going to do nothing for him, because he's fighting a guy that's tailor made to get KO'd by him.

Most people don't get that.
And they badly overrate Fabio.

So it's going to be an action-filled fight, where Rampage will win, against an opponent most people think is very good.

Rampage and excellent match up

Page is gonna hurt Fabio! Might be a fun little brawl while it lasts though.

Most people don't get that.
And they badly overrate Fabio.

I wonder if Fabio has ever dropped anyone in the UFC?

I know his TKO of James Mcsweeney was a standing TKO, he didn't go down. I honestly can't remember dropping anyone, I know he wobbled Gian Villante, don't remember if he dropped him.

talk about trying to hand rampage a quick win to build him back up again.

rampage has no chance in the ufc anymore unless he goes back to his wrestling more.

Rampage, Excellent both will bang and not waste their limited cardio on take downs.

Wasn't too bothered about Jackson being resigned but this is the best possible matchup for these two. Jackson likes to try and make it a boxing match and fabio seems to like to stand and get hit so should be fun. As long as no one starts calling for a rampage TS after he more than likely gets the knocks out.

Maldonaldo is a better fighter than Manuwa for sure. Maldonaldo has faced better fighters than Manuwa has during his career.

I would pick Maldonaldo to beat Manuwa if and when they fight.

maldonado, but bad

Last edited by a moderator:
rampage can knockout jones

but he won't. 4 rounds of missing & staring was enough.

let him rather fight Shogun or Rogerio (or both back to back) after this one. no point in getting hopes up, he's getting old, is slower, and can't wrestle as well anymore due to knee & back problems, plus a bunch of other nagging injuries like his jaw and ankle.

Nice to see the UFC matching up Rampage properly at this point, not just pushing him up against the Elite because of his name.

Back