Rampage: "Glover is too cowardly to try and stand with me"

Rampage fears all non pure boxing aspects of MMA at this point.

Rampage either needs to try for K-1 or boxing with this mindset. Getting pissed at people for having a ground game is out of hand. Or just like Dana should've done having Brock and Fir fight eachother the rest of their careers, Dana should extend Rampage's contract and have him and Wand fight eachother the rest of their's.

Like others have said in this thread, Rampage is just trying to bait him into standing.

Anyone who takes this for more than it is, doesn't have his eyes open.

Respect must mean a lot coming from a guy who has to rely on snitches and spies.....

And coming from a wrestling background, Rampage has no idea how to keep Glover standing with him, nice.

I used to be a big Rampage fan. Now he can't be gone quick enough for me.

Kinda feel bad for the guy though as he is most likely to be in the A team van down by the river in no time flat once Dana kicks him off the tit.

Like others have said in this thread, Rampage is just trying to bait him into standing.

Anyone who takes this for more than it is, doesn't have his eyes open.

Not really. He complains that no one bangs anymore and fights for points. It's really just Rampage whining. Since when has he had a gameplan?

As much as I hate the Fitch and Woodley style wrestlers in MMA, I equally hate these stand up guys like Rampage that complain when guys try to do anything other than stand and box with them.

You're a wrestler, Page. Simply get up from the TD, prevent him from taking you down or take him down yourself. Is it cowardly to try to beat someone like Werdum standing when their main strength is BJJ?

I can really see Glover Destroying Rampage .. Hes done ...

This coming from a Rampage fan .. through everything , I just think his mind is completly somewhere else ... maybe stuck in his character Mr. Tee!!!

Glover is perfectly capable of lighting up rampage on the feet, yet, he would rather take the easy way out and hump rampage's leg for 15 minutes. Yeah, that earns respect :rolleyes:

Somebody's girlfriend is fucking the state-champ wrestler. Go buy more lotion bud it will all be ok.

The thing about rampage is that he smack talks like he is still in his prime, so he might be in for a surprise in his next fight

Rampage is currently doing two things

1. Luring Glover into brawling, because thats where Rampage has a real chance to win this

2. Preparing the table for his usual post fight whining in case he gets taken down and beaten there/tapped. ''See I told ya he wouldnt dare trade with me, he's a coward blahblahblahb UFC sucks now guys dont wanna fight they're scared blahblablahblah''

Just do your thang Glover, nevermind that and if you feel that a TD is what you should do next, do it. Its Rampage's own problem if he cant dictate where the fight takes places, LIKE REAL TOP FIGHTERS.

So you're taking Rampage's word for it?

Look at all of rampage's past ufc opponents, every single one of them except for jones and wand didn't want to fight him inside the cage. The rest came up with these boring gameplans consisting of either wrestling based or point fighting. I said this in another thread. Rashad brought a boring fight with a wrestling gameplan, as did jardine with a point fighting gameplan, as did machida with a point fighting gameplan, same with hammil, same with forrest with a decision fighting gameplan, and then lastly, bader with a boring wrestling gameplan.

The only ones in the UFC that were willing to actually fight rampage were jones and wand. The rest had no intentions whatsoever of actually fighting rampage and finishing him. They all were too worried about losing rounds so they centered their gameplans around scoring points to a decision. They all talk a big game beforehand about what they're going to do, but never intend to live up to it and doing the complete opposite by taking the easy way out. This is what's going to ruin MMA, fighters lying to the fans who they've convinced to purchase the product.

I don't blame rampage for wanting to leave the UFC, for the bad matchmaking he has to deal with and the extreme measures other fighers have to go through just to avoid fighting him inside the cage.

Last edited:
lets do a head count... how many of you weren't born the last time Rampage knocked someone out? Okay that's being a little unfair, but for a dude that talks non stop about how everyone is scared of his knock out power and he's gonna knock everyone out he doesn't do a lot of it. He KO'd washed up Wandy, punch drunk Chuck, and a gift in Marvin Eastman for signing with the UFC... that's in his now near 6 years in the UFC... So maybe I'm off base here, but I'm sick of hearing him talking about knocking people out, do it or shut up

Not really. He complains that no one bangs anymore and fights for points. It's really just Rampage whining. Since when has he had a gameplan?

Of course he whines.

In this case, with these quotes, he is clearly trying to lure Glover into standing with him by calling him a coward if he doesn't.

Glover is perfectly capable of lighting up rampage on the feet, yet, he would rather take the easy way out and hump rampage's leg for 15 minutes. Yeah, that earns respect :rolleyes:

I thought you were trolling with the first post. Apparently you meant it, sigh. Read: This is the 'game' before the fight. Two fighters will try and get into each other's heads with misinformation, trash talk, or sometimes honesty. This does not mean you as a fan have to believe everything that comes out of their mouth. Glover's camp may have intentionally snitched to Rampage so that he doesn't focus on stand-up. Rampage may be lying for publicity. Rampage may be attempting to bait Glover into a stand up fight where he feels he has the best chance. Any of the previous three sentences are possibilities yet you jump to... GULLIBLE IS WRITTEN ON THE CEILING!

I thought you were trolling with the first post. Apparently you meant it, sigh. Read: This is the 'game' before the fight. Two fighters will try and get into each other's heads with misinformation, trash talk, or sometimes honesty. This does not mean you as a fan have to believe everything that comes out of their mouth. Glover's camp may have intentionally snitched to Rampage so that he doesn't focus on stand-up. Rampage may be lying for publicity. Rampage may be attempting to bait Glover into a stand up fight where he feels he has the best chance. Any of the previous three sentences are possibilities yet you jump to... GULLIBLE IS WRITTEN ON THE CEILING!

have you not noticed the trend yet for rampage's entire ufc career? look at my previous post and tell me you don't see it?

i'm kinda losing interest in his tirade - he really needs to stop talking and start winning or leave the ufc.

How dafuq does Rampage actually complain about guys trying to take him down? He's just being such a big baby. If he doesn't want takedowns or kicks, go into Boxing. Why is he even in MMA? I'll tell you why, it's because he's not good enough to be this successful in Boxing. If you're gonna be known for KO power and poor ground skills (especially on your back) well hurr durr Rampage, guys are gonna try to take you down.

Everybody tries taking Anderson down, he aint complaining.

Back