*Rampage crapping all over UFC on conference call!*

Uh, that's how business works. Business takes on all risk, employee does not. So, yeah, the reward is going to be much greater.

Yeah, Dana White and the Fertittas are the ones that risk brain damage at every UFC event

You just went full retard. If you think someone who has trained most his life to fight is taking a bigger risk than the Fertittas and White did, you sir, are a fool

Why?

Dana, risked no money, only his time, the bros risked some money, but far from all their worth. Had the company failed, they would have declared a huge loss which they would have written off and maybe been setback a little, but they would still have been worth hundreds of millions.

Can you say the same for fighters? Some of these guys will end up broke with early onset pugilistica dementia. This makes what the bros and Dana risked pale in comparison.

Uh, that's how business works. Business takes on all risk, employee does not. So, yeah, the reward is going to be much greater.

Maybe but the fight business is different. The fighters are the ones taking all of the risk not the promoters.

if he wants out, they should let him out. I seem to recall a similar refrain while he was making movies. I wonder if he imagines a successful career in Hollywood instead.

To you and all the other CEO's in this thread: Financial risk isn't nearly as bad as risk of physical injury. Sorry, it just isn't.

Yes, fighters choose to fight. No, they do not choose to get injured. They do, however, accept that injury is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

Does that sound familiar?

Investors choose to invest. No, they do not choose to lose money. They do, however, accept that losing money is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

But hey. I'm sure Dana & Co risk more on a day to day basis than the fighters, and deserve more money.
Some people choose not to get it.

Yeah man. Dana and the Fertitas take more risk than the guys that pay to get punched in the face.

YOU RIGHT DAWG.

if they dont wanna get punched in the face, there are simple solutions, rampage could wake up at 4 every morning and work a job that is actually hazardous to his health, fuck these fighters with this attitude getting punched in the face is the least of worries for the average blue collar worker who does much more for much less and you i dont hear people crying for them

To you and all the other CEO's in this thread: Financial risk isn't nearly as bad as risk of physical injury. Sorry, it just isn't.

Yes, fighters choose to fight. No, they do not choose to get injured. They do, however, accept that injury is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

Does that sound familiar?

Investors choose to invest. No, they do not choose to lose money. They do, however, accept that losing money is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

But hey. I'm sure Dana & Co risk more on a day to day basis than the fighters, and deserve more money.

You won't ever be a CEO or a fighter so your opinion doesn't matter.

I can see why he'd be so bitter towards the organization that made him a very wealthy man. Poor Rampage, he's so hard done by.

So he's the only complaining about fighter pay and he's asking himself these questions? Or do you just really dislike the guy so everything he says and does is horrible?

I'm going with the latter.

Rampage often volunteers is opinions on these things when he's upset. He's notorious for it. I don't have a dog in this fight. I just think he's saying some ignorant stuff because he's unhappy with the UFC.

If you want to assume that I think everything he says is horrible or that I dislike him no matter what, that puts you in the same boat as him. You have no reason to assume anything outside of what I've commented on. I don't think I've been irrational or illogical here.

Yeah, Dana White and the Fertittas are the ones that risk brain damage at every UFC event

So they should be punished because they chose to run a business rather than get brain damage every time they go to work?

If the UFC sticks to it's current model, they will likely either disappear or fighters will get smart and form a union. That will end up with revenue sharing as in other major sports. Boxing has never had to do that because boxers are free agents but the UFC likes tying all their fighters up to restrictive contracts.

Rampage is taking the easy way out - "Fighters need to make more money" - Fans, "We love you for saying that and sticking up for the little guy against Dana, how brave..." - Yet Pride went out of business and failed so using that as a measuring stick for fighter pay is stupid, and other than that how the hell does Rampage know what people should earn? He was an actor so he does he know how much actors in B movies need to make too?

What a hypocrite, latching on to some sound bite about fighter pay, with nothing to back it up and then pretending he wants to be a free agent and some other Org would pay him more than the UFC. - Sure pal

Maybe but the fight business is different. The fighters are the ones taking all of the risk not the promoters.

So, the fighters put up millions to run shows/events?

Didn't know that....

So, if the event tanks and loses money, the fighters lose that money? Is that what you're telling me?

Page came into the UFC looking/expecting to become an all time great and to cement his legacy. Things didnt go his way and after his loss to Bader put his L column into the double digits he more or less threw in the towel. hes immature and needed to aim his butthurt at someone so he picked the easiest/biggest target. case closed

Ya that's all nice and dandy to say but we're gonna talk about reality. The risk of losing your money is much greater than getting punched in the face. I would rather get punched in the face than lose all my saving.

And by that reason fighters should get paid more than dana and Lorenzo. Mathematically how could that ever possibly work?

When did you see me say that the fights should get paid more than Dana and Lorenzo.

In fact, please tell me where I said the fighters should be paid more at all?

I'll wait.

Why?

Dana, risked no money, only his time, the bros risked some money, but far from all their worth. Had the company failed, they would have declared a huge loss which they would have written off and maybe been setback a little, but they would still have been worth hundreds of millions.

Can you say the same for fighters? Some of these guys will end up broke with early onset pugilistica dementia. This makes what the bros and Dana risked pale in comparison.

This. 100%

If it wasnt for the UFC, these fighters would be making even less money and have even less sponsors.

Its just the way of the world, and how businesses work.

I can't wait until he's gone from the UFC.

These three summarize my thoughts completely. Look at Affliction or even StrikeForce. They paid a shitload to their fighters, got squat back in return, and are all out of business and no longer exist. Businesses take all the risks so the business should take the largest chunk of revenue.

Rampage has been a baby for so long, it's pathetic to think of him the way he once was.

Wrong, promoters take all the risk. Again, look at all the now defunct promotions. They still had to pay their fighters even though they lost money and are no longer around. All the SF fighters on this last card will still get paid even the promotion is DEAD.

you say that but think of all the small promotions that are gone think of the large ones that couldnt cut it too

Back