*Rampage crapping all over UFC on conference call!*

Uh, that's how business works. Business takes on all risk, employee does not. So, yeah, the reward is going to be much greater.

Well in this case, Dana and the Bros risked their money and the fighters risk their health and lives.

Nothing wrong with the (Dana and the Bros) reaping the rewards of their efforts, but right now the revenues are so high compared to the payouts that it is easy to see that they are exploiting the fighters.

The owners of my business make much more than I do. Why is it just in MMA that fighters are so outraged about it.

If fighters don't like it may be they should start their own hugely successful promotion and pay the fighters way more

And Rampage is excercising his right to fight elsewhere yet people still shit on him for it.

Most fans are just extremely.loyal to the ufc so when Rampage criticizes the company fans take it personal.

Yeah man. Dana and the Fertitas take more risk than the guys that pay to get punched in the face.

YOU RIGHT DAWG.

Risking losing millions > risking getting punched in the face (especially when you CHOSE to be a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER).

Yeah man. Dana and the Fertitas take more risk than the guys that pay to get punched in the face.

YOU RIGHT DAWG.

You just went full retard. If you think someone who has trained most his life to fight is taking a bigger risk than the Fertittas and White did, you sir, are a fool

And Rampage is excercising his right to fight elsewhere yet people still shit on him for it.

Most fans are just extremely.loyal to the ufc so when Rampage criticizes the company fans take it personal.

I have no problem with rampage saying what he says or leaving the ufc. I'm glad he says what he thinks.

Doesn't mean I can't call him an idiot for it.

It's not that he's criticizing the UFC or that he wants to fight elsewhere. It's that his criticism tends to be emotional and ignorant. He criticizes the UFC for doing what every other big business does and he criticizes them when he's unhappy. That's why people call him out. He's a big cry baby.

Don't expect anyone here to understand that. The extent of most Sherdoggers' business acumen doesn't go beyond budgeting between fast food and their next quarter sack.

this is awesome & needs to be on a t-shirt...or bumper sticker.

I gurantee the UFC lost money on several events in 2013. Some of the events drew 5K people! Throw in strikeforce events where every event loses money.

I dont think UFC is as profitable as Page thinks.

Don't expect anyone here to understand that. The extent of most Sherdoggers' business acumen doesn't go beyond budgeting between fast food and their next quarter sack.

Actually, most Sherdoggers know nothing about...

1. What collective bargaining is.
2. How Unions help grow the middle class which is the backbone of any successful economy.
3. How Unions are a necessity in Capitalist systems (see #2).
4. What exploitation is.

Well they do. Financial risk einstein.

To you and all the other CEO's in this thread: Financial risk isn't nearly as bad as risk of physical injury. Sorry, it just isn't.

Yes, fighters choose to fight. No, they do not choose to get injured. They do, however, accept that injury is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

Does that sound familiar?

Investors choose to invest. No, they do not choose to lose money. They do, however, accept that losing money is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

But hey. I'm sure Dana & Co risk more on a day to day basis than the fighters, and deserve more money.

Well in this case, Dana and the Bros risked their money and the fighters risk their health and lives.

Nothing wrong with the (Dana and the Bros) reaping the rewards of their efforts, but right now the revenues are so high compared to the payouts that it is easy to see that they are exploiting the fighters.

Exploiting is taking it a little too far.

Could they pay the fighters more? Sure. They could. But you know how business goes. I'm just saying that to expect business owners to not rake in most of the money is ignorant. Rampage is ignorant.

Also, how much is the UFC pulling in exactly in profit compared to fighter pay? No one knows because they're private. They don't factor in all the money that also gets pumped right back into the company to help it grow. They just try to do amateur math with live gates, PPV buys, TV deals and fighter payroll. There's so much that none of us know about how much the UFC actually makes and also how much the fighters actually make.

He said that cuz he clearly misses PRIDE FC, where he was treated the right way and getting paid a lot, i also miss PFC

I have no problem with rampage saying what he says or leaving the ufc. I'm glad he says what he thinks.

Doesn't mean I can't call him an idiot for it.

Right but why would you? He doesn't want to fight for the UFC and he is taking the steps necessary to not fight for them...yet that makes him an idiot?

Sounds like some good ol fashion sherdog hate to me.

It's not that he's criticizing the UFC or that he wants to fight elsewhere. It's that his criticism tends to be emotional and ignorant. He criticizes the UFC for doing what every other big business does and he criticizes them when he's unhappy. That's why people call him out. He's a big cry baby.

So he's the only complaining about fighter pay and he's asking himself these questions? Or do you just really dislike the guy so everything he says and does is horrible?

I'm going with the latter.

To you and all the other CEO's in this thread: Financial risk isn't nearly as bad as risk of physical injury. Sorry, it just isn't.

Yes, fighters choose to fight. No, they do not choose to get injured. They do, however, accept that injury is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

Does that sound familiar?

Investors choose to invest. No, they do not choose to lose money. They do, however, accept that losing money is not only possible, but likely in the profession they have chosen.

But hey. I'm sure Dana & Co risk more on a day to day basis than the fighters, and deserve more money.

Ya that's all nice and dandy to say but we're gonna talk about reality. The risk of losing your money is much greater than getting punched in the face. I would rather get punched in the face than lose all my saving.

And by that reason fighters should get paid more than dana and Lorenzo. Mathematically how could that ever possibly work?

Right but why would you? He doesn't want to fight for the UFC and he is taking the steps necessary to not fight for them...yet that makes him an idiot?

He is complaining that the UFC do not pay him enough. No other organisation will pay him more than the UFC, so where ever he goes he is a hypocrite for complaining about wages unless he complains about the organisation he joins in the future

Saying idiotic things like the UFC is making "billions" off the fighters makes him an idiot. Bashing millionaires for making millions off their company makes him an idiot or just completely clueless to how the business world has worked for looooong time.

YOU RIGHT DAWG.

Now THAT would be a great business plan. Get the fighters to pay YOU so they can fight and Sell it as a ppv. Genius!

Back