Media Rampage calls Jon Jones the GOAT

If Jones was clean there probably wouldn't be a GOAT debate. He has the most quality bodies on his record

Innocent until proven guilty. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt until they get busted.
That's your way. Some people might say you are naive or even stupid. I don't care about PED's and am not sure the testing is 100% accurate/effective.

What does the Fedor fight have to do with the Jones fight ? ....Pretty weak

The point was who gives a shit how good his own opinion of his "best shape of his career" was when he was willing to tank it for a paycheck vs Fedor.

Great shape huh? As in how you fit into your clothes? or Fighting shape. The guy is bloviating, thanks for your reply tho

besides jones ped situations, the first part of his career he beat a bunch of old men on their way out and the second part of his career he beat a bunch of green contenders.
His only wins that matter is DC, Gus but he was on peds this entire time so....

Why are you showing a photo of him out of shape against Fedor? Rampage said both before and after the Jones fight he was in the best shape of his career. If you were actually around when that fight happened you'll remember he looked better than he had in a while.

I was drawing a parallel between Rampage back then and recently. A time when he actually cared how he looked vs last year when his commitment was in question.

I now question his idea of what being in shape means (Fighting shape or just fitting into your clothes)

Others who were "around" back then probably should do the same

The point was who gives a shit how good his own opinion of his "best shape of his career" was when he was willing to tank it for a paycheck vs Fedor.

Great shape huh? As in how you fit into your clothes? or Fighting shape. The guy is bloviating, thanks for your reply tho
He said he was in the best shape of his career against Jones .. not as a 40 year old HW .....I feel like dissing you , but I’m hesitant because I think you might be retarded

He said he was in the best shape of his career against Jones .. not as a 40 year old HW .....I feel like dissing you , but I’m hesitant because I think you might be retarded

I dont give a shit what he says, say what you need to say champ, take a guess whether I will give a shit

Stroking his own ego by doing this. "The goat needed a spy to beat me"

Its a weird take because Rampage has been consistant about it. Here he is in 2011 after the fight, saying the same thing. You know, 9 years before fighting Fedor.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-135-r...-hype-is-for-real-finishes-rampage-in-round-4

“I’ve been in the best shape of my life, I expected to come out here and close the distance and over throw Jon Jones, but he’s great. I thought it was hype, the kid is good. I’ve got to take my hat off to him,” Jackson stated after the fight.

“This is the best I’ve ever been, Jon Jones he’s here to stay.”

i don't get why people can't accept Rampage's opinion? sure, Jon Jones was on steroids, and probably on it throughout his career, BUT i mean what's done is done. he beat the best guys of his generation and most of them he finished decisively. i get that he was cheating, but the problem is you can't go back in time and erase all of those fights. you can't go back and check if he's clean his entire career. you just gotta accept that he's the best AND a cheater.

i talk shit about his steroid use all the time on here, but i still acknowledge he's the GOAT. i always see just like in this thread about how he's not the GOAT because he's a cheater, but those same people never name who they think IS the GOAT then. DC? i just can't delude myself enough to erase his KO and decision loss to Jones from my mind.

That's your way. Some people might say you are naive or even stupid. I don't care about PED's and am not sure the testing is 100% accurate/effective.

Correct me if I’m wrong but is that not the law of the land? This is why criminals still get a trial to try and prove their innocence. You don’t look at someone and say guilty just because you see a pimple on their stomach.

Its a weird take because Rampage has been consistant about it. Here he is in 2011 after the fight, saying the same thing. You know, 9 years before fighting Fedor.

https://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-135-r...-hype-is-for-real-finishes-rampage-in-round-4

“I’ve been in the best shape of my life, I expected to come out here and close the distance and over throw Jon Jones, but he’s great. I thought it was hype, the kid is good. I’ve got to take my hat off to him,” Jackson stated after the fight.

“This is the best I’ve ever been, Jon Jones he’s here to stay.”

Like I said the guy proved to me 9 or 10 years later that his commitment level is questionable.
Basing his opinion on who he thinks is GOAT by what kind of shape he was in for a fight he really even wasnt competitive in vs when he obviously was not in any kind of shape and also wasnt competitive causes me to doubt his own word
Friends ?

Here, always bud. Im a Rampage fan and Im salty about the Fedor fight please forgive me

There is a decade between the fedor and jones fights tho,

01_crop_north.jpg
AyYY94A.gif

Back