Rampage Better than Henderson?

the ambush

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I can't quite put the tip of my finger on it however I think Page is a little undervalued on this site. Contrary to Henderson who's consistently in the Greatest of all time talk whether you agree or agree to disagree. If you look at their careers comparitively Hendo has a lot more close decisions where he got the nod. H2H win goes to Page of course.

I will let another poster name the notable wins as both have beaten top-tier guys.

They fought at ufc 75. Page won like 49-46

Last edited:
Hendo's legucy is bigger. Hendo was the kind of PRIDE. Hendo is the man and I love him so much...

War Hendo :D

Hendo's legucy is bigger. Hendo was the kind of PRIDE. Hendo is the man and I love him so much...

War Hendo :D

Pretty much, I think Rampage can claim he may have been better at his peak but Hendo stayed relevant over a much longer period.

It's true that Rampage has had a much more successful (movie) career than Dan 'Hollywood' Henderson

Rampage will go down as the better LHW
Hendo the better fighter ( achievement wise)

I could be wrong, but I feel like Rampage got a win over Hendo at his peak, which should count for something I think. Hendo's longevity is a strength, and, kinda OT but, I would put him ahead of Randy in resumes. The time that Rampage beat him stands out for me, but I don't know that others do/will see it that way historically

Ive got rampage as the 4th best lhw of all time. Without PEDs Hendo wouldnt be in the same discussion as rampage. Rampage vs arona still remains one of my favourite all time KOs

Rampage is undoubtedly one of the greatest LHW of all time.
But Hendo fought at different weight classes.

Hendo never held the UFC belt, but he was the better fighter in PRIDE, which people tend to forget that PRIDE is a big part of MMA history.

Rampage never won against Chute Box in PRIDE (I consider that Ninja win a robbery.)

While Hendo won 2/3 times against Chute Box in PRIDE.....

Rampage won against Hendo in the UFC.......

Hendo won against Shogun twice in the UFC

Page got brutally mauled by Shogun

These are just some points people would argue about....but overall id give it to Hendo Resume wise.

I think Hendo was inconsistent and Rampage was sharp when he was sharp. I think if Rampage faced Hendo 10 times, they'd each win 5 times.

Rampage is undoubtedly one of the greatest LHW of all time.
But Hendo fought at different weight classes.

Hendo never held the UFC belt, but he was the better fighter in PRIDE, which people tend to forget that PRIDE is a big part of MMA history.

Rampage never won against Chute Box in PRIDE (I consider that Ninja win a robbery.)

While Hendo won 2/3 times against Chute Box in PRIDE.....

Rampage won against Hendo in the UFC.......

Hendo won against Shogun twice in the UFC

Page got brutally mauled by Shogun

These are just some points people would argue about....but overall id give it to Hendo Resume wise.

Your MMA math is very flawed. You cant compare 2005 grand prix Shogun, when he was young, hungry, ripped and probably on PEDs to the flabby post knee op Shogun that Hendo has beaten. Apples n Oranges.

Page beat prime Liddel, and later dethroned him to start Liddel's slide. Page was the first unified LHW (beating Hendo) Went downhill post Griffin loss. Did ok against elite in UFC.

Hendo was 2 weight champ in Pride, potential asterix of PEDs. Hendo lost both titles in unification match ups. Did ok against elite in UFC. Rejuvenated in weak strikeforce, beat Fedor while he was on his slide.

Hendo has stayed relevant for longer but I think they have similar standings in an all time top 10 lhw. Hendo probably will have the stronger legacy given he's been a 2 weight champ, champ on 3 orgs (none of which is UFC but 2 of which rights are owned by UFC so the hall of fame will value them) and as a natural middleweight he defeated the best hw ever, albeit in the twilight of his career

rampage was better and he did bet hendo when he was still in his prime on trt

I think Hendo was inconsistent and Rampage was sharp when he was sharp. I think if Rampage faced Hendo 10 times, they'd each win 5 times.

I think if they fought 100 times, Rampage would win 97 times.

I thought Hendo won that fight. Besides Hendo is a MW. Rampage is a LHW. Makes hen do's achievements greater.

Both are good fighters. Hendo had the more impressive career because he had success in different weight classes.

Back