Ramazan Emeev vs. Cláudio Silva set for September/Moscow (136) FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...zan-emeev-vs-claudio-silva-set-for-ufc-moscow

SIR

Pretty intriguing matchup. Emeev has looked great the past few years, and during his first two UFC performances. Silva's story is really fascinating. Only blemish on his record was a DQ loss in his promotional debut over 11 years ago. 3 - 0 in UFC, but had a 3 1/2 year hiatus due to a litany of injuries. He returned to submit Nordine Taleb in Liverpool in the spring.

IMO, this is a good match-up that will get no pub.

Last edited:
Interesting fight.

Claudio Silva has managed to basically grab victory from the jaws of defeat in all 3 of his UFC performances, with his decision win over top contender Leon Edwards being very controversial. Taleb was literally clowning him on the feet before Silva finally got him to the ground, and Taleb sealed his own fate by going for a leglock. Brad Scott was similarly dominating him, yet inexplicably kept giving up needless takedowns.

Emeev fights very similarly to his Gorets teammate Magomedov. He's a master of distance and timing, and is also extremely good at clinch work. His fight with Mina actually saw some pretty unorthodox groundwork, and is an underrated fight. (However, Emeev largely dominated the standup exchanges.) Emeev also has huge wins outside the UFC against Vasilevsky, Tokov, and Duraev (who just defeated Vasilevsky for the ACB MW title.)

imo Emeev should be pretty heavily favoured, but Silva has the ability to finish anyone on the ground. Definitely two of the most underrated WW's on the roster.

Last edited:
Hey sherdog has a draftkings group every event we do a 15 person top 2 get paid 10 dollar entry if any1 wants to do it let me know ill add u?

I like this fight. Two strong grapplers, used to dominating the ground game. I'll take Ramazan, UD.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...zan-emeev-vs-claudio-silva-set-for-ufc-moscow

SIR

Pretty intriguing matchup. Emeev has looked great the past few years, and during his first two UFC performances. Silva's story is really fascinating. Only blemish on his record was a DQ loss in his promotional debut over 11 years ago. 3 - 0 in UFC, but had a 3 1/2 year hiatus due to a litany of injuries. He returned to submit Nordine Taleb in Liverpool in the spring.

IMO, this is a good match-up that will get no pub.

Nice, very nice.

Emeev was a very good MW, clearly top 20.
A win over Claudio will elevate him in top 20 of WW this time,

This is a decent scrap. Backing emeev by decision

Emeev should win this. I don't think Silva has very good striking, and Emeev is basically 2018's version of Rashid Magomedov.

Ufc Moscow has

Emeev at WW
Yan at BW
Krylov at lhw
Kunchenko ww
Ankalaev lhw
Yandiev mw
Mairbeck lw

7 extremely good prospects who could all end up ranked

According to Russian sources UFC signed Serbian Stefan Sekulic as a replacement for injured Silva.

Back