#RallyForJamesMcSweeney Glory kickboxing

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by king of theRing, Jan 9, 2019.

1. king of theRing

king of theRing Black Belt

Lets get the ball rolling with this one. Get some new blood in the heavyweight Division

2. Monte Moku

Monte Moku Lurking, mainly

Ilunga is inconsistent, but I am interested to see how he would do against Glory's guys. The HW division isn't exacly dripping with exciting fights at the moment, so perhaps he could shake things up. I honestly doubt he would, but I have been wrong before!

3. king of theRing

The Ilunga fight was enough for him to atleast be able to see if he can or not. He is easy to promote and exciting. So if glory does it right, McSweeney can be a money maker. It also is up to McSweeney to do his part in win in convincing fashion and put on exciting fights.

4. Shadess

Shadess ...

For like a one-off sure, if he does well, okay... Don't much care either way but I feel like there are more usable guys out there for Glory to go after.

5. king of theRing

Out of all the dumb signings glory has done with the jacobys, chi Perry and bigfoot silvas of the world, atleast James has credibility in the sport. We have seen 1000 times worse signings in glory past few years

6. PERFECT KICKBOXING

PERFECT KICKBOXING Orange Belt

Wouldn't mind seeing him tip his toes in a heavyweight freelance fight at Glory and maybe after that a contract. Sucks that he lost from that short French Moroccan fighter with the huge belly. That fight didn't look good......not at all even.

7. king of theRing

In kickboxing or mma?

8. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Never heard of this guy but just checked his record in both MMA and Kickboxing and it looks pretty horrific. Dude lost to Paul Buentello, c'mon. I say Glory stays clear and avoids potential embarrassment if he scores a win. Danyo Illunga should be ashamed.

9. king of theRing

He might have lost but not like he got out struck or anything. He gassed. And glory already signed the likes of jacoby, foster and bigfoot silva. So atleast McSweeney has credibility in kickboxing

10. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Black Belt

apart from the inconsistent and random Ilunga and Mcdonald on his retirement fights, and other victory that the guy i dont remember now, he didnt made near to nothing on the sport, no dissing, just being honest..

about glory Hiring him, well, why not?

they have worse names, but they should put their efforts on looking for more good names especially on their weakest divisions..

11. king of theRing

Thats true, but He has fought on plenty of big shows in kickboxing. So not like he is a random.

I mean next Glory card we have a guy that is 2-2 in the co main event. And he is somehow ranked.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  12. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

I dont know anything avout him apart from that he beat Ilunga, but his striking looks really funny lol

Oh yeah i remember he lost against Yassine Boughanem. I doubt he is a threat to the heavyweight division. Light heavyweight, perhaps he can have some success

13. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

I don't think they should be aiming for the bottom...

Let's see if McSweeny can hack it in Super Kombat first and then we'll talk.

14. king of theRing

True. We need to save the card for the legit guys like chris camozzi or raymond Daniels and lots more in the promotion.

15. Snubnoze707

Snubnoze707 High Level

Save it from what? This guy who is as bad or arguably worse? Why encourage them to go down that path?

16. BigBadKraken

BigBadKraken White Belt

17. onne1983

onne1983 Orange Belt

If i was McSweeney, i would rally for ONE Championship.. Kickboxing and MMA plus better pay..

Mafanofe and Shadess like this.
  18. PERFECT KICKBOXING

PERFECT KICKBOXING Orange Belt

It was Yassine Boughanem indeed.