#RallyForJamesMcSweeney Glory kickboxing

king of theRing

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Lets get the ball rolling with this one. Get some new blood in the heavyweight Division

Ilunga is inconsistent, but I am interested to see how he would do against Glory's guys. The HW division isn't exacly dripping with exciting fights at the moment, so perhaps he could shake things up. I honestly doubt he would, but I have been wrong before!

Ilunga is inconsistent, but I am interested to see how he would do against Glory's guys. The HW division isn't exacly dripping with exciting fights at the moment, so perhaps he could shake things up. I honestly doubt he would, but I have been wrong before!

The Ilunga fight was enough for him to atleast be able to see if he can or not. He is easy to promote and exciting. So if glory does it right, McSweeney can be a money maker. It also is up to McSweeney to do his part in win in convincing fashion and put on exciting fights.

For like a one-off sure, if he does well, okay... Don't much care either way but I feel like there are more usable guys out there for Glory to go after.

For like a one-off sure, if he does well, okay... Don't much care either way but I feel like there are more usable guys out there for Glory to go after.

Out of all the dumb signings glory has done with the jacobys, chi Perry and bigfoot silvas of the world, atleast James has credibility in the sport. We have seen 1000 times worse signings in glory past few years

Wouldn't mind seeing him tip his toes in a heavyweight freelance fight at Glory and maybe after that a contract. Sucks that he lost from that short French Moroccan fighter with the huge belly. That fight didn't look good......not at all even.

Wouldn't mind seeing him tip his toes in a heavyweight freelance fight at Glory and maybe after that a contract. Sucks that he lost from that short French Moroccan fighter with the huge belly. That fight didn't look good......not at all even.

In kickboxing or mma?

Never heard of this guy but just checked his record in both MMA and Kickboxing and it looks pretty horrific. Dude lost to Paul Buentello, c'mon. I say Glory stays clear and avoids potential embarrassment if he scores a win. Danyo Illunga should be ashamed.

Never heard of this guy but just checked his record in both MMA and Kickboxing and it looks pretty horrific. Dude lost to Paul Buentello, c'mon. I say Glory stays clear and avoids potential embarrassment if he scores a win. Danyo Illunga should be ashamed.

He might have lost but not like he got out struck or anything. He gassed. And glory already signed the likes of jacoby, foster and bigfoot silva. So atleast McSweeney has credibility in kickboxing

He might have lost but not like he got out struck or anything. He gassed. And glory already signed the likes of jacoby, foster and bigfoot silva. So atleast McSweeney has credibility in kickboxing
apart from the inconsistent and random Ilunga and Mcdonald on his retirement fights, and other victory that the guy i dont remember now, he didnt made near to nothing on the sport, no dissing, just being honest..

about glory Hiring him, well, why not?

they have worse names, but they should put their efforts on looking for more good names especially on their weakest divisions..

apart from the inconsistent and random Ilunga and Mcdonald on his retirement fights, and other victory that the guy i dont remember now, he didnt made near to nothing on the sport, no dissing, just being honest..

about glory Hiring him, well, why not?

they have worse names, but they should put their efforts on looking for more good names especially on their weakest divisions..

Thats true, but He has fought on plenty of big shows in kickboxing. So not like he is a random.

I mean next Glory card we have a guy that is 2-2 in the co main event. And he is somehow ranked.

Last edited:
I dont know anything avout him apart from that he beat Ilunga, but his striking looks really funny lol

Oh yeah i remember he lost against Yassine Boughanem. I doubt he is a threat to the heavyweight division. Light heavyweight, perhaps he can have some success

Last edited:
I don't think they should be aiming for the bottom...

Let's see if McSweeny can hack it in Super Kombat first and then we'll talk.

I don't think they should be aiming for the bottom...

Let's see if McSweeny can hack it in Super Kombat first and then we'll talk.

True. We need to save the card for the legit guys like chris camozzi or raymond Daniels and lots more in the promotion.

Last edited:
True. We need to save the card for the legit guys like chris camozzi or raymond Daniels and lots more in the promotion.
Save it from what? This guy who is as bad or arguably worse? Why encourage them to go down that path?

If i was McSweeney, i would rally for ONE Championship.. Kickboxing and MMA plus better pay..

I'll tell you something about James.

Over 10 years ago, James was doing some k1 and a bit of MMA on the English circuit.
He took a couple of losses in K1, achieved nothing special but got in there and had a go. Fair enough.
His K1 (style, but not actually in K1) peak was fighting a slightly older Michael McDonald and beating him in London, in a cage on Cage Rage.

Then, he had a bit of mixed success on the domestic scene. But, being a small MMA culture in London, he made some contacts but lied to a few people about his "muay Thai" record. Being something like 80-10. Fights nobody had heard of, nobody could track down and nobody had footage of. This lie self perpetuated and ended up unsourced and unchallenge on his wiki page, then in fighters magazines and being the shallow MMA pool it was over here, got him a spell with UFC Ultimate Fighter. Contacts made, he ended up also out in the states with Rashad's training facility.

He told a whole load of well exaggerated, unsourced claims that everybody in UK knew wasn't true..

BUT.

What he did do, was lay a foundation of lies but created some kind of self belief of fulfilling his dreams, based upon getting his opportunities. And even though he never quite produced anything special, he become a moderately dangerous journeyman in MMA, built himself up a decent following and actually started to live the lifestyle for real.

You gotta respect that.

I'll tell you something about James.

Over 10 years ago, James was doing some k1 and a bit of MMA on the English circuit.
He took a couple of losses in K1, achieved nothing special but got in there and had a go. Fair enough.
His K1 (style, but not actually in K1) peak was fighting a slightly older Michael McDonald and beating him in London, in a cage on Cage Rage.

Then, he had a bit of mixed success on the domestic scene. But, being a small MMA culture in London, he made some contacts but lied to a few people about his "muay Thai" record. Being something like 80-10. Fights nobody had heard of, nobody could track down and nobody had footage of. This lie self perpetuated and ended up unsourced and unchallenge on his wiki page, then in fighters magazines and being the shallow MMA pool it was over here, got him a spell with UFC Ultimate Fighter. Contacts made, he ended up also out in the states with Rashad's training facility.

He told a whole load of well exaggerated, unsourced claims that everybody in UK knew wasn't true..

BUT.

What he did do, was lay a foundation of lies but created some kind of self belief of fulfilling his dreams, based upon getting his opportunities. And even though he never quite produced anything special, he become a moderately dangerous journeyman in MMA, built himself up a decent following and actually started to live the lifestyle for real.

You gotta respect that.

Many fighters lie in order to get them self booked on bigger shows. Not much of a problem if you ask me.

Back