Elections Rallies Don't Matter, Just Like We Told You

Biden did have rallies. many of them. No one showed up.

Lets be real. No one was excited to vote Biden, they were excited to vote against Trump.

I can agree with this post. Biden is about as inspirational as a potato. My vote was absolutely to remove Trump. I'm glad most of the country agreed with me.

In fact, you can see this election as a rebuke of Trump. Republicans kicked ass in the house and held on to the Senate. I think most people just saw Trump for what he is. A self-centered narcissist cunt that would burh this whole country down if it was to the betterment of him. Sad people couldn't see that from the start

I'm not a CT guy myself but seriously, that gif where he grabs that little girls chest doesn't bother you? You'd be OK with it if that were your daughter?
he wasnt even looking at her ..an awkward moment skewed into the CT stratosphere

I can agree with this post. Biden is about as inspirational as a potato. My vote was absolutely to remove Trump. I'm glad most of the country agreed with me.

In fact, you can see this election as a rebuke of Trump. Republicans kicked ass in the house and held on to the Senate. I think most people just saw Trump for what he is. A self-centered narcissist cunt that would burh this whole country down if it was to the betterment of him. Sad people couldn't see that from the start

Biden literally said almost nothing and spent days in his basement.

His slogan should have been

“At least I’m not Trump..”

It’s all he really needed

And Democrats, be careful what you wish for. He won’t be able to hide and Kamala is an embarrassment. Biden’s speeches alone are going to be comedy gold

They may do far more damage in four years than you could ever imagine

I'm not a CT guy myself but seriously, that gif where he grabs that little girls chest doesn't bother you? You'd be OK with it if that were your daughter?
That clown claims to be a gun toting Republican. But yes, he's fine with the GIF and the man apparently. SMH, classic troll type shtick.

Watch out now, he's been known to be the bait and report type guy....

How are you drawing between rallies and high turnout? Joe crushed Trump's turnout without rallies. So how did they matter? Do rallies only matter to Republicans? That doesn't make sense even if true, because Republicans were already voting for Trump. You're full of shit.

lol.. the majority of Biden's turnout was a vote out of pure hatred for Trump.. Biden didn't need to hold one rally for the entire cycle as these voters were going to crawl over glass to vote Trump out.. especially in suburban areas, where many split their ticket between Biden and downballot Republicans..

Trump if he was to have any chance in this election and keep it narrow (which he did on the end), needed to turn out working class whites and conservative minorities (such as in Miami Dade).. these voter's typically are not politically engaged and don't vote in midterms.. I'm not suggesting turnout was completely down to his rallies, but it certainly helped to juice it..

And why exactly I'm full of shit ? For expressing a opinion that rallies do have some tangible benefit to turning out or heightening enthusiasm among non voters, who love Trump but wouldn't typically vote republican..

lol.. the majority of Biden's turnout was a vote out of pure hatred for Trump.. Biden didn't need to hold one rally for the entire cycle as these voters were going to crawl over glass to vote Trump out.. especially in suburban areas, where many split their ticket between Biden and downballot Republicans..

Trump if he was to have any chance in this election and keep it narrow (which he did on the end), needed to turn out working class whites and conservative minorities (such as in Miami Dade).. these voter's typically are not politically engaged and don't vote in midterms.. I'm not suggesting turnout was completely down to his rallies, but it certainly helped to juice it..

And why exactly I'm full of shit ? For expressing a opinion that rallies do have some tangible benefit to turning out or heightening enthusiasm non voters, who love Trump but wouldn't typically vote republican..
So, do rallies like, offset themselves? One party really loves them, and because the rallies are so great, it brings out the haters on the other side? I'm trying to understand the logic of this. You're full of shit because you're just bald-ass attributing something confidently, with no reason for confidence and a shifting explanation for disparities in rallies, which is also just something you're pulling out of your ass. Like, for what you're saying to make sense, rallies only matter for Republicans. See the Dem primary or the 2016 election. It doesn't work like you think, and you haven't thought about it carefully enough.

And why exactly I'm full of shit ? For expressing a opinion that rallies do have some tangible benefit to turning out or heightening enthusiasm among non voters, who love Trump but wouldn't typically vote republican..
The fact that Republicans won seats in the House and held off Dems in the Senate (both over performing Trump) suggests that the GOP voting base IS NOT animated by love for Trump, they’re animated by hate for the liberal elite. This narrative that Trump is so loved is a huge joke, he’s basically just a vessel for conservative resentment of liberals the same way Biden is a vessel for anti-Trump resentment. Rallies don’t mean shit.

We were talking about the efficacy of rallies and what’s motivating each base, whether Dems need to do soul searching has nothing to do with that.

Also, it’s pretty rich to tell Dems to soul search when the GOP President just got rejected with the greatest number of votes ever for his opponent. Look on the mirror bud.

I'm not a Republican, you goof. I've spent the last several days debunking right wing conspiracy theories in the pbp thread. Voting was at an all-time high due to new measures allowing mail-in ballots. The reality is Biden significantly underperformed the polls, Dems lost seats in the house and did not win back the senate. All while running against an anti-science, anti-mask lunatic who failed to manage the country during a pandemic. It was a victory, but not one to be proud of.

I'm not a Republican, you goof. I've spent the last several days debunking right wing conspiracy theories in the pbp thread. Voting was at an all-time high due to new measures allowing mail-in ballots. The reality is Biden significantly underperformed the polls, Dems lost seats in the house and did not win back the senate. All while running against an anti-science, anti-mask lunatic who failed to manage the country during a pandemic. It was a victory, but not one to be proud of.
Dems ran one of the most unpopular & Un charismatic candidates in their history, a man that is possibly in the early stages of dementia, and he unseated a sitting President with a vote margin of 4 million votes. It is patently absurd to spin that as some kind of Pyrrhic victory. The polls were obviously trash but there was skepticism about the poll margins after what happened in 2016. The fact that the GOP lost the White House to 80 yr old mumbling stumbling Joe Biden is a disaster.

The fact that Republicans won seats in the House and held off Dems in the Senate (both over performing Trump) suggests that the GOP voting base IS NOT animated by love for Trump, they’re animated by hate for the liberal elite. This narrative that Trump is so loved is a huge joke, he’s basically just a vessel for conservative resentment of liberals the same way Biden is a vessel for anti-Trump resentment. Rallies don’t mean shit.
It's a mixed picture.. many of the gains in the House were due to Trump's coattails.

Look at OK-5, NY-11, NM-2, MN-7, Iowa 1st etc, likewise with the senate races in South Carolina, Montana, Iowa (which were all widely regarded as competitive before the election) etc.. the republicans in these races underperformed Trump at the top of the ticket.

It's a mixed picture.. many of the gains in the House were due to Trump's coattails.

Look at OK-5, NY-11, NM-2, MN-7, Iowa 1st etc, likewise with the senate races in South Carolina, Montana, Iowa (which were all widely regarded as competitive before the election) etc.. the republicans in these races underperformed Trump at the top of the ticket.
Right, but that still doesn’t conclusively show that Trump is beloved or that they’re animated by his popularity, he’s not. He’s the ultimate empty vessel for his voters. They’re more animated by a hate for liberals. Both sides are animated by hatred of the other, it’s a very divided country.

Back