Elections Rallies Don't Matter, Just Like We Told You

Correlation is not causation. Biden had no rallies and he turned out the biggest vote in US history. Rallies mean squat, it’s only the extreme activated minority that go. Doesn’t say anything about the broader electorate.

69 million people voted for Trump. Let's not undersell that. Dems are lucky that the dislike for Trump carried the election. Without the pandemic and his terrible handling of it he probably would've won.

Enthusiasm is less of a factor when everyone is mailed a ballot or ballot application. I suspect results would have been very different if these policies weren't in effect.

Rallies did matter..

This was meant to be a absolute landslide for Biden/Harris and a blowout down ballot..

Instead Trump received 70,000,000 votes, and Republicans gained trifecta's in numerous states.. regaining much of the ground they lost in 2018.

The GOP are going to gerrymander to extreme levels.

Nobody voted for Biden; they voted against Trump. The hate for Trump exceeding the support.

In 2016 the media convinced people Hillary would win at 90%, so they stayed home because they were nonplussed about her. Meanwhile Trump had supporters who turned up. Simple.

So yeah, rallies matter but there's a larger context at play.

69 million people voted for Trump. Let's not undersell that. Dems are lucky that the dislike for Trump carried the election. Without the pandemic and his terrible handling of it he probably would've won.

Yeah we're really lucky you guys decided to support a has been reality tv show host who is a stupid whiny bitch that owes more to foreign countries and the IRS than he is worth.

Really lucky you picked this idiot asshole to lead our country and really fucking lucky that he was at the wheel when the corona virus hit.

Thanks.

Alright, it has happened twice in a row now.

In 2016, rallies didn't matter. In 2020, rallies didn't matter. Hell, it even happened in the Dem primary with Bernie vs. Biden. I know that in 2024, there will be hundreds of you goobers quacking about rallies yet again, so let's mark the occasion.

What do you think a rally actually measures? Enthusiasm? If that's the case, why did general enthusiasm favor Biden in an election where the attendance disparity in these sacred rallies was maximized due to the pandemic?

What does a rally translate to in terms of votes? It's not votes, clearly. Do you believe they, like, do more rallyishness in swing states or something? Turns out, nope. You must believe something stupid to believe that rallies matter significantly.

And what you'll eventually have to face is that no matter how much more drool and Covid comes flying out of the gaping mouths of shouting superfans, their "enthusiasm" translates into nothing. Nada.

Thank you for your time.

I am seeing posts by Trump supporters claiming the large number of people who attended Trump rallies vs. almost no one attending Biden rallies is proof of voter fraud. These people are delusing themselves because they can't see to grasp because of the pandemic Biden supporters did not attend. They also don't seem to grasp that while Trump has / had much enthusiatic supporters than Biden, at the end of the day the vote of an enthusiatic Trump supporter and a Democrat who didn't much care for Biden is counted the same.

Yeah we're really lucky you guys decided to support a has been reality tv show host who is a stupid whiny bitch that owes more to foreign countries and the IRS than he is worth.

Really lucky you picked this idiot asshole to lead our country and really fucking lucky that he was at the wheel when the corona virus hit.

Thanks.

You guys? I'm not a Trump supporter, idiot. I'm concerned about the future of the country and what it means for Dems if they continue to run terrible campaigns. There is a reason Trump won in 2016 and why it was so close again this year, in spite of Trump's colossal failings. The guy who doesn't believe in science or masks almost won again when he should have been crushed.

Biden did have rallies. many of them. No one showed up.

Lets be real. No one was excited to vote Biden, they were excited to vote against Trump.
This is a facile distinction between Trump and Biden voters and what motivates them. I could just as easily say nobody on the right really was excited about Trump, they were excited to “own the libs”. Trump doesn’t have any ideas, he’s popular because he is the negation of liberal elites, so it’s still hate that animates the GOP voters, not excitement for Trump. One piece of evidence for this is that Republican senators OVERPERFORMED Trump in 2020, that’s why the GOP kept the Senate and lost the White House.

If Crowd size was an indicator of anything, It'd be President Elect West right now.

1000x-1.jpg

EQBKEWJT4VH25BJSUOISAPPOWU.JPG

Unless you can do a controlled experiment with and without covid, with and without rallies, etc., there is no way to know if they help or not and how much. The polling being off because the rallies improved things seems much less likely that they were simply incorrect due to sampling issues. What we can say is that the rallies are shit indicator of who is winning the race.

Nobody voted for Biden; they voted against Trump. The hate for Trump exceeding the support.

In 2016 the media convinced people Hillary would win at 90%, so they stayed home because they were nonplussed about her. Meanwhile Trump had supporters who turned up. Simple.

So yeah, rallies matter but there's a larger context at play.
This is what I have also been thinking lately. Trump in 2020 is Hillarry in 2016.

Moderates and many Democrats (like me) did not like Hillary so we either stayed home or picked 3rd party (me). Fast forward to 2020, moderates and Democrats who didn't like Biden/Harris cast a vote against Trump, as opposed to a vote for Biden/Harris. This election was Trump's to lose; he lost lots of people, including enough White men to be the crucial difference. Trump lost because of his fcuk up of the pandemic response and douchebag character.

Trump is the new Hillary.

Rallies did matter..

This was meant to be a absolute landslide for Biden/Harris and a blowout down ballot..

Instead Trump received 70,000,000 votes, and Republicans gained trifecta's in numerous states.. regaining much of the ground they lost in 2018.

The GOP are going to gerrymander to extreme levels.
How are you drawing between rallies and high turnout? Joe crushed Trump's turnout without rallies. So how did they matter? Do rallies only matter to Republicans? That doesn't make sense even if true, because Republicans were already voting for Trump. You're full of shit.

Enthusiasm is less of a factor when everyone is mailed a ballot or ballot application. I suspect results would have been very different if these policies weren't in effect.

giphy.gif

Thanks for the diagnosis, doc.

And 74 million voted for Biden. I can easily say it was dislike for liberal elites that carried Trump to 69 million votes. Why do you think GOP senators over performed Trump? If love for Trump was really the driving force you would expect him to have done better than Republican senators, he did worse.

not sure if serious?

Right wingers think that line is very clever

Search it or go in the meme thread and its everywhere

Its like they don't understand tons of people thought the protest were also spreader events and can't believe how stupid people have been behaving during all this covid.

Well if Johnny is doing it why can't I is considered philosophy on the right.

Trump is predicted to win in a landslide with a record amount of votes. How do rallies not matter?

And 74 million voted for Biden. I can easily say it was dislike for liberal elites that carried Trump to 69 million votes. Why do you think GOP senators over performed Trump? If love for Trump was really the driving force you would expect him to have done better than Republican senators, he did worse.

GOP senators overperforming Trump is not a good look for the next election. Democrats need a change in strategy. Biden is going to be a 1 term president and I don't see Harris winning in 2024.

Back