News Rakic wants to fight Jiri for #1 contender

LoadedZeus

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He did a great performance,” Rakic told MMA Junkie of Prochazka. “He knocked out Reyes. He’s now a top contender, and this fight makes sense against Jiri. The result what happened on Saturday is the best thing that could have happened to me because this wakes my attention, my motivation. I’m even now more motivated to go back to the gym, to train harder and harder.”

He continued, “This fight against Jiri makes the most sense now, and Glover (Teixeira) is going to fight Jan (Blachowicz) in September. Who else is gonna fight Jiri instead of me? Who?”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...jiri-prochazka-someone-needs-to-stop-the-hype

A lot fans finally warming up to Jiri and his road to title shot. Rakic on the other hand, has been on the flipside, refusing to fight Jiri before and resorting to a point fighting style against guys he has serious advantages over. If he was to campaign for a title shot from his lackluster win over Santos, it would be a bit far fetched but to hear him talk about wanting to fight Jiri now, respect where it's due.

It's the right fight to make while Glover gets his shot and I'm in, let's do it. Not an easy fight for Rakic and hes got balls calling him out now. Gotta respect that. Both have amazing talent and both deserve a crack at title sooner or later, it's a perfect eliminator and both will want it badly. Happy to hear Rakic calling him out, LHW finally interesting again, let's go. Picking Jiri to win, possibly UFC champ by end of the year.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a thread about it already, my bad, merge if necessary.

He did a great performance,” Rakic told MMA Junkie of Prochazka. “He knocked out Reyes. He’s now a top contender, and this fight makes sense against Jiri. The result what happened on Saturday is the best thing that could have happened to me because this wakes my attention, my motivation. I’m even now more motivated to go back to the gym, to train harder and harder.”

He continued, “This fight against Jiri makes the most sense now, and Glover (Teixeira) is going to fight Jan (Blachowicz) in September. Who else is gonna fight Jiri instead of me? Who?”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...jiri-prochazka-someone-needs-to-stop-the-hype

A lot fans finally warming up to Jiri and his road to title shot. Rakic on the other hand, has been on the flipside, refusing to fight Jiri before and resorting to a point fighting style against guys he has serious advantages over. If he was to campaign for a title shot from his lackluster win over Santos, it would be a bit far fetched but to hear him talk about wanting to fight Jiri now, respect where it's due.

It's the right fight to make while Glover gets his shot and I'm in, let's do it. Not an easy fight for Rakic and hes got balls calling him out now. Gotta respect that. Both have amazing talent and both deserve a crack at title sooner or later, it's a perfect eliminator and both will want it badly. Happy to hear Rakic calling him out, LHW finally interesting again, let's go. Picking Jiri to win, possibly UFC champ by end of the year.

Edit: Didn't realize there was a thread about it already, my bad, merge if necessary.
serb v czech

serb v czech

All the peeps in Europe hate Serbia I've heard, especially the Balkan countries. Another good reason for Jiri to take the fight lol don't think he will refuse

I see rakic giving jiri a lot of trouble with calf kicks

doubt jiri takes it.

he knows rakic will pick apart his sloppy style

he'll just wait for jan/glover winner

Also rakic is a strong mf, I think he is the biggest lhw in ufc roster

1PoK.gif

It makes sense to make this fight, and its exciting. But watch dana and company still find a way to fuck it up

All the peeps in Europe hate Serbia I've heard, especially the Balkan countries. Another good reason for Jiri to take the fight lol don't think he will refuse
Balkans, yes. But they are always fighting. Serbs, Croatians and Bosnians. Also, Serbs and Albanians/Kosovars.

The rest of Europe, they don't really care/have an opinion on Serbia. If negative, it generally is based on Serbia being close with Russia.

Prochazka deserves title shot but he'll ko Rakic somewhere down the line so why not now. If Glover didnt have father time nipping at his heels, I'd recant his deserved shot and go directly to Jan v Jiri.
I see Jan stopping Glover early but Tex earned his shot.
I dont see Jiri waiting till 2022 or just underneath to fight for title. Flip side of coin , hes only 28 so a 6-7 month break isnt out of question.
They can really marinate a Jan Jiri title fight. Finslly a 205 fight to get fucking jacked about.
I see the fight opening a dead pk'em or close to.

Props and respect to Rakich for calling out Jiri. I don’t see many other fighters doing the same.

its mostly due to western propaganda during yugoslav wars.

as for countries in balkans... most were nazi collaborators during ww2, so there's that

its mostly due to western propaganda during yugoslav wars.

as for countries in balkans... most were nazi collaborators during ww2, so there's that

Some Croatian girl at work was telling me about it, how Serbs are hated the most lol not tryna offend anyone, all the way in Canada here, we got love for all

Some Croatian girl at work was telling me about it, how Serbs are hated the most lol not tryna offend anyone, all the way in Canada here, we got love for all

like i said it was mostly due to western propaganda during yugoslav wars.

its a complicated region with long history and alot of ethnic tension.

Jiri would be waiting until December or later otherwise. I support this fight.
I'd prefer they just give the next title shot to him, but because the glover fight is so far away... it only makes sense we move things along.

Back