Rakic vs Santos booked for March 6th

Spath

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Source: https://www.mmanews.com/thiago-santos-vs-aleksandar-rakic-booked-for-march-6/

PhonyOptimisticBluet-max-1mb.gif

what a banger this one is going to be

<{JustBleed}>

sick. fight. Santos from 2019 I would pick in a heartbeat but he didn't look good from his first fight back after his terrible knee injuries.

Rakic might be able to exploit his lack of explosiveness in his legs with wrestling like he did against Smith. Gonna be a banger while they're standing.

Rooting for Thiago because he's awesome.

*Like*

That's a banger of a fight. If Rakic doesn't want to wrestlef*ck Santos to show his grappling, then it'll no doubt be explosive action with lots of leg kicks!
I think Rakic would be stupid not to mix it up with takedowns, clinching and grappling in general.

Whenever they’re standing everyone will be on the edge of their seats. If they can sit at all.. It’s going to be exciting as hell!

sick. fight. Santos from 2019 I would pick in a heartbeat but he didn't look good from his first fight back after his terrible knee injuries.

Rakic might be able to exploit his lack of explosiveness in his legs with wrestling like he did against Smith. Gonna be a banger while they're standing.

Rooting for Thiago because he's awesome.
He didn’t look good on the ground vs Teixeira, but man, who did look good grappling Glover? Prime Phil Davis and Corey Anderson stuck to him like glue. I think that’s it. Teixeira is hell of a grappler and when he gets on top of you, you’re screwed. Ask Anthony Smith :eek:

Standing Thiago looked as dangerous as before, I’d say. He dropped Glover (twice, right?) and his gnp was VICIOUS. I think Glover said something like ’Marreta’ really deserves his nick name as he hits you like a sledgehammer would and probably broke his face with a couple of gnp shots.

Great fight IMO!

March is a while away. Think ill go with Rakic

I think Rakic would be stupid not to mix it up with takedowns, clinching and grappling in general.

Whenever they’re standing everyone will be on the edge of their seats. If they can sit at all.. It’s going to be exciting as hell!

He didn’t look good on the ground vs Teixeira, but man, who did look good grappling Glover? Prime Phil Davis and Corey Anderson stuck to him like glue. I think that’s it. Teixeira is hell of a grappler and when he gets on top of you, you’re screwed. Ask Anthony Smith :eek:

Standing Thiago looked as dangerous as before, I’d say. He dropped Glover (twice, right?) and his gnp was VICIOUS. I think Glover said something like ’Marreta’ really deserves his nick name as he hits you like a sledgehammer would and probably broke his face with a couple of gnp shots.

Great fight IMO!

Yeah Glover has the best top game in the division and despite his age the dude is still a beast on the ground. Thiago has always been pretty suspect on his back and with the wrestling but he has always been tenacious and explosive when trying to defend and escape even if it meant risking bad positions. Against Glover he offered almost no resistance to takedowns and just wasn't exploding on the ground like he usually does. Almost no lower body movement when he was on his back. Not saying he was ever going to just escape Glover's top game, but I just don't see it being that "easy" for Glover.

His punching standing did look as dangerous as ever and the power is still there but his footspeed looked stiff to me.

I'm a big Thiago fan and I just want to see him do well. hope it was more rust from not getting much wrestling rounds in like Cruz was saying and not that he's shot but his knee surgeries at his age for a 200+ pound guy is a really big deal.

I agree, mixing it up would be the most intelligent approach and imo Rakic has the tools to do that successfully.
Considering that Rakic's only real weakness so far has been his defensive awareness, it's another reason for not using a striking only approach, as Santos is obviously fast as f*ck and hits like a truck.
Definitely!
But honestly i wouldn't even mind it being not a stand up war, for me it'll most likely be exciting either way. I like Santos, but will root for Rakic here, he's my favourite fighter at 205 right now.

I'm down for that! pulling for the hammer on this one.<JackieThumbsUp>

LHW is full of so many exciting matchups right now.
This fight should be a banger. Edging towards Rakic.

I'll be honest @Spath:

I would be much more excited for this fight if Racik had finished Smith.

I think he had him beat, and wouldn't go for the finish but played it safe.

Decent fight, unsure how it plays out but possibly Rakic via boring wrestle-heavy decision.

Back