Media Rakic accuses Jiri of ducking

Yeah, but how? That's what I can't understand. Santos was coming off of back to back losses against jones and glover. Jiri came into the ufc with hype and huge winning streak and knocked out a former title contender, number 7 ranked. what rank would that make him? in a great fight, on a huge card that everyone watched. Jiri was CLEARLY the correct fight to take he was the only other contender that could get to the belt before him, the only fighter coming off wins. with jones gone, Jan newly crowned and fighting izzy, Smith, reyes and santos all coming off of losses the smart fight was Jiri.

winners of match ups should seek winners of match ups so this crap doesn't happen, you have two guys at the top of the division who are there from beating fighters with back to back losses.
Depends on how you look at it. Aleksandar Rakic clearly values rankings over hype.

Also, I remember when Corey Anderson fought someone with a lot of hype and had a big winning streak in Johnny Walker, and Corey impressively beat him, but still had to fight one more time to get a title shot, even with good wins over Glover (who was ranked number 3 at the time) and Ilir Latifi (who was number 5) in that streak he was on.

I mean, who knows? If Aleksandar accepted that fight and beat Jiri (in an underwhelming fashion), and then ask for a title shot, people might criticize him for asking that after beating someone that was only 1-0 in the UFC. Meanwhile, let's say Magomed Ankalaev gets that huge step up against Thiago Santos, beats him impressively, and gets hype from it. Who's to say that Aleksandar gets a title shot over someone with more hype in Magomed?

Even if he accepted that Jiri matchup and beat him, it's still not certain he gets a title shot after that.

Jiri is gonna be the backup to the title fight in Sept and if i'm UFC or Jiri he will just fight the winner probably Jan

the 205 division Golden Era is long gone....

Once was the best Division to ever be

Chuck
Rampage
JBJ
Machida
Shogun
Evans
Couture
Wanderlei
Tito
Griffin
Bader