raising money for bjj favela project

juiclaw

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey guys, Im trying to raise some money to give to the project favela bjj school run by ricardo vieira in the catagalo favela in rio.

This project helps keep children away from drugs and crime in rio and give them a chance to escape the poverty of the favela through bjj.

it you can spare a few $$$$ i would greatly appreciate it, if people could donate.

2 years ago i managed to raise $1500 but im hoping for a lot more this time!

i am also willing to post technique videos on topics that you guys choose in return for some donations

i am a brown belt under ricardo vieira and have a been teaching for 7 years now so i wil be able to help on most topics!!

please click on this link and donate if you can! $5 or $10 can make a big difference

thanks alot guys

http://www.gofundme.com/4ggqqo

This project helps keep children away from drugs and crime in rio and give them a chance to escape the poverty of the favela through bjj.

That or you're just giving tomorrows criminals another weapon to mug you with.

That or you're just giving tomorrows criminals another weapon to mug you with.

Or we could live in reality where supervised youth sports programs are incredibly effective at reducing anti-social behavior.

Or we could live in reality where supervised youth sports programs are incredibly effective at reducing anti-social behavior.

I'm just saying that teaching chokes and joint-locks to a group with a high liklihood of exhibiting criminal and violent behavior seems like a bad idea. Teach them to play soccer or something.

Einarr: Do yourself a favor and stop making an ass of yourself. Ricardo Vieras program have helped several kids making something out of themselves instead of resorting to violence and drugs. One of they guys from Cantagalo won brown belt worlds last year. Most of them are ambitious, humble and very helpful.

And in a place were getting a gun or a knife is just as easy as getting chewing gums I doubt Ricardo Vieras makes the place any more dangerous by teaching the kids jiujitsu.

Someone to get in contact with is Brendan from OK! Kimonos. Good luck with it! I have a friend who's doing something very similar. I'll donate when I can!

Back