Multiplatform RAINBOW SIX SIEGE

Siege has 2 "ranks". There's the hidden "skill", and visible MMR. The ranked system was updated recently.

Every season, the visible MMR resets. Everybody starts at copper 5, and works their way up.
The hidden "skill" is basically skill based match making, and doesn't reset. It places you against other players that the game assumes is your same skill level, regardless of the visible MMR.

Which RS6 rank from copper to champion does play start to get sweaty?

In Apex competitive for example, we've rookie - bronze - silver - gold - platinum - diamond - master - predator (top 750 players in the world); within each rank, we then have 4 tiers. It used to be with the older algorithm that diamond was the skill wall separating average and above-average play. Last season (S20), they reworked things after player outcry for two seasons over a hidden MMR governing lobby select and not your actual rank + rubbish MM as a result also in pubs (non-comp play). The skill wall now sits frustratingly low – with gold III lobbies being extra sweaty for even seasoned players. Some joke now platinum is the new master.

Which RS6 rank from copper to champion does play start to get sweaty?

In Apex competitive for example, we've rookie - bronze - silver - gold - platinum - diamond - master - predator (top 750 players in the world); within each rank, we then have 4 tiers. It used to be with the older algorithm that diamond was the skill wall separating average and above-average play. Last season (S20), they reworked things after player outcry for two seasons over a hidden MMR governing lobby select and not your actual rank + rubbish MM as a result also in pubs (non-comp play). The skill wall now sits frustratingly low – with gold III lobbies being extra sweaty for even seasoned players. Some joke now platinum is the new master.

With the environment destruction, getting spawn peeked and dying 5 seconds into the round, being able to combo gadgets, etc, Siege is sweaty from copper to emerald.
Even casual is a sweaty.

if people haven’t played the game, I don’t think they how understand how deep and complex you can get with the game.

With the environment destruction, getting spawn peeked and dying 5 seconds into the round, being able to combo gadgets, etc, Siege is sweaty from copper to emerald.
Even casual is a sweaty.

if people haven’t played the game, I don’t think they how understand how deep and complex you can get with the game.
Have you played Apex? Pubs is sweaty too; you'll get stomped even cold-dropping (translation: knocked in seconds on drop in little-contested POI) and have like variables to strategise for with every char having three abilities and passives plus high TTK (skill > sight), movement tech, door threshold destruct/reconstruct/block, maps, ring/rotations, and such.

There's, regardless of all this, a shifting line in sand in ranked where the good and great are separated; that's what I was curious over in RS6 – where the line is.

For example, in your ecosystem, are platinum players often looked at in the same pool as gold by those in emerald, or are gold viewed rather in the skill pool with silvers where platinum is the invisible wall good players can't climb.

Let me see your rank distro for current split; would be cool. I'll screengrab and share ours right now to show what I mean. We split in 26 days and finally get our first new map in a long F time. Really excited.

Skärmavbild 2024-05-29 kl. 15.43.38.png

Have you played Apex? Pubs is sweaty too; you'll get stomped even cold-dropping (translation: knocked in seconds on drop in little-contested POI) and have like variables to strategise for with every char having three abilities and passives plus high TTK (skill > sight), movement tech, door threshold destruct/reconstruct/block, maps, ring/rotations, and such.

There's, regardless of all this, a shifting line in sand in ranked where the good and great are separated; that's what I was curious over in RS6 – where the line is.

For example, in your ecosystem, are platinum players often looked at in the same pool as gold by those in emerald, or are gold viewed rather in the skill pool with silvers where platinum is the invisible wall good players can't climb.

Let me see your rank distro for current split; would be cool. I'll screengrab and share ours right now to show what I mean. We split in 26 days and finally get our first new map in a long F time. Really excited.

View attachment 1045532

Battle royals aren't my thing, so I haven't played it. I've watched enough, I'm pretty sure I get the basics of it, though.

With the hidden "skill" ranking, there's not really a definitive line anymore. Your team could be 2 Golds, and 3 Plats. The MMR you see really doesn't mean shit.
Siege has a very low TTK, it's a one shot headshot game. And that could be through 3 walls.

View attachment 1045532

Holy crap.

edit: Benja for Blaz?! This is some George Bush Sammy Sosa level stuff.

Last edited:
No new content, more introduced bugs, and the out of control cheater problem has led to an almost 50% average player count drop since March on PC.
It's such a shame. The game was in the best place it's ever been, and they fucked it all up.

Most of the streamers and content creators that I used to watch have moved on to other games, or just stopped creating content.

Mute Protocol event drops today, and Twitch drops.
The battle pass skins are ass.

Thats one of the most powerful cheats ive ever seen. Did the RS6's game engine code get leaked?

That's pretty mild.
I've seen defenders be able to pick up the defuser, and plant it. I've seen cheaters pick up other characters gadgets. I've seen entire lobbies die before the action part of the round starts. There's been cheaters that shoot exploding knifes, but there isn't exploding knives in the game.
The craziest one I've seen is cheaters being able to force you to pull out a grenade, cook it, and kill yourself. That's the scary one, the cheaters could take over your character.
Most of those crazy ones are in the past, and it's been mainly the normal walls/aim bot the past year or so. But, it looks like the crazy stuff is starting to come back.

The cheating situation has gotten out of control. I love the game, but every time I hop on, I face a cheater.

Siege uses Anvil Next, the same engine as AC Unity from 2012.

Someone recreated some of the iconic Pro League plays. The people are a bit wonky, but the setting is amazing.

At 1:11, that Border rework looks fucking amazing.
Compare that to this
Border_Bomb_Armory_Lockers_2F.png

That's pretty mild.

First clip you see the cheater(?) rejecting specific game server packets at will. With the server not establishing authority over its connected game clients. Others you describe is again the cheater(?) inserting packets as other connected game clients with the game server accepting them. All these are massive security breaches.

First clip you see the cheater(?) rejecting specific game server packets at will. With the server not establishing authority over its connected game clients. Others you describe is again the cheater(?) inserting packets as other connected game clients with the game server accepting them. All these are massive security breaches.

The last one is the most concerning.
They weren’t just interrupting packets, they are remotely taking over the players client.

They weren’t just interrupting packets, they are remotely taking over the players client.

Thats not whats happening, yet. Back in 2016 Battle(non)sense did a netcode analysis of RS6. At that time the RS6 game server was publishing the IP of all connected players to each connected game client. This im guessing was patched out over the years. Some cheat coder probably found an exploit to regain access to it. Submitting game client packets as another connected game client with the game server accepting them.

In RS6, did a time period exist that individual players were being DDOS'd? Not the game server itself, targeted players internet connection.

Thats not whats happening, yet. Back in 2016 Battle(non)sense did a netcode analysis of RS6. At that time the RS6 game server was publishing the IP of all connected players to each connected game client. This im guessing was patched out over the years. Some cheat coder probably found an exploit to regain access to it. Submitting game client packets as another connected game client with the game server accepting them.

In RS6, did a time period exist that individual players were being DDOS'd? Not the game server itself, targeted players internet connection.

For the grenade suicide cheat, they take over your client. They force your character to do something.
That’s why that one was huge.

It’s way different than what you seen Clash do in that clip, or the other cheats.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an individual DDOS, but people will hit the server. It happens on console a lot more than PC.
Ubi has went after DDOS providers

It's a longer video, but I timestamped it to the modern era cheats, and you can see some of what I'm talking about

It's a longer video, but I timestamped it to the modern era cheats, and you can see some of what I'm talking about

Your gonna hate this reply, lol.

Ideally you should be looking at this as a good thing. These type of cheats started popping up in CSGO back around 2014. Mainly for this is when the game started getting popular. This means cheat developers finally recognized RS6 is a successful live service game. In response these cheat developers are in a coding war to find every exploit to attract subscribers/buyers.

Your gonna hate this reply, lol.

Ideally you should be looking at this as a good thing. These type of cheats started popping up in CSGO back around 2014. Mainly for this is when the game started getting popular. This means cheat developers finally recognized RS6 is a successful live service game. In response these cheat developers are in a coding war to find every exploit to attract subscribers/buyers.

I don’t run into as many cheaters in Counter Strike, but I still run into them.
You don’t see all the crazy cheats, though. I haven't seen anyone fly in CS.

The big issue with Siege is that all the original dev team is gone, and it shows. The current dev team only cares about monetization.

The new X-Defiant season got more Siege content than Siege got.
They got Siege maps, operators, and gadgets.
What did Siege get? Balancing changes. And an operator “rework” to turn Recruit (the basic operator that everyone starts with to learn the game) into a regular character. He didn’t get a new gadget or anything, they made it so he can use skins.

There's an event going on right now, that's just recycled from last year. The rewards are just recolors from the previous years. There was little to no effort.
If one of the consoles allowed mouse and keyboard, I'd buy a console in a heartbeat.

Back