Raging Al caught a beating last night

I expected the result, I was pulling for Al, but i knew Cowboy would be to fast and dynamic..

exactly what i thought as well ts. this had to be one of cowboys finest performances. he was just on point last night. it also appeared to be a bad stylistic matchup for al. but what an amazing fight. saved the entire card imo.

Dude got beaten up badly. Its part of the game, though..... he will bounce back.

I completely neglected the height and reach difference in this fight and just expected Al to starch Donald. It became obvious in round 2 that Al couldn't reach.

I was pointing that out years ago on here before Cowboy met Diaz. Everyone was riding Cerrone's nuts back then calling him the uncrowned champ figuring it was just a matter of time till he won the title. I pointed out that Cowboy often looks great against smaller guys he has a big reach advantage over and it remained to be seen how he'd do when he didn't have that edge. I mean his previous fight before Diaz was Dennis Siver for god's sake. Diaz was the first good fighter up to that point he didn't tower over and couldn't bully Cowboy's move up to WW further proved that with his losses to Masvidal, Lawler, Till and Edwards.

That's not to say Cerrone isn't a very good fighter. He has a big size advantage against most at LW.

After I saw the weigh ins I was convinced Cowboy was going to sleep. How wrong I was. I think beating Raging Al was one of Cowboys biggest career wins.
Weigh ins don’t mean shit. U realize that, right?

Al is getting way too much credit for catching a beat down.

This really could be Cowboys best victory.

It’s true that he’s starting to look old out there, but the dude has the heart of a lion.

I don’t know if Al is getting better or I just took long to notice him but his movement is pretty damn crisp.

Really?

This place goes bat shit for weigh in videos/photos.

Fighter A is shook
So and so looks scared, etc.

I don’t use the rhetoric, but I’m behind the concept.

One great example was Nunes vs Ronda. We had seen ZERO of Ronda in any fighting related way. No real interviews, just basic bullshit training type videos. And that was for a whole year.

But it was still the same Ronda who had only lost to Holly. I had questions about that fight. The ceremonial weigh-in and face off sealed it for me. Ronda was NOT the same woman. I saw it from a mere few second face off. I immediately knew Nunes was going to win that fight.

I especially use ceremonial weigh-ins, and face offs for my predictions. I’m just not a Shertard about it. I don’t use the rhetoric and generally keep what I saw to myself. Except for shit like McGregor punching Nate’s hand at the face off the first time they fought.

So in the general sense I agree. But Shertards aren’t viewing these things with clear eyes, and are generally looking at the wrong fucking things to begin with. If a guy coughs he’s “shook”.

I don’t use the rhetoric, but I’m behind the concept.

One great example was Nunes vs Ronda. We had seen ZERO of Ronda in any fighting related way. No real interviews, just basic bullshit training type videos. And that was for a whole year.

But it was still the same Ronda who had only lost to Holly. I had questions about that fight. The ceremonial weigh-in and face off sealed it for me. Ronda was NOT the same woman. I saw it from a mere few second face off. I immediately knew Nunes was going to win that fight

Bad example if you ask me:
One year lay off
Gained a lot of weight
Fear of being KO'd again
Stylistically nightmare matchup

You didn't need any weigh-in to bet the house on Amanda.

Edit: Just watched the betting lines of Amanda, she was the underdog in 6 of her last 8 fights, crazy.

Lol....You noticed this? Are you a virgin?
2 posters on the 1st page simply asked if anyone has pics so I went and got them and posted them.

It's that simple -- just being helpful.

Have a great day.

Bad example if you ask me:
One year lay off
Gained a lot of weight
Fear of being KO'd again
Stylistically nightmare matchup

You didn't need any weigh-in to bet the house on Amanda.

Edit: Just watched the betting lines of Amanda, she was the underdog in 6 of her last 8 fights, crazy.

Yeah, in retrospect we are all heros. So, why were so many backing Ronda? Of course Amanda was the dog in that fight. I already explained why that was. And it was the perfect example of what I am talking about...PERFECT.

When was the last time an unprecedented dominant champion lost in devastating fashion? Then proceeded to go COMPLETELY silent for 13 months? Do you recall all of the actual details involved, the backstories, the angles?

Ronda was named by the world’s premiere sports magazine as the MOST DOMINANT ATHLETE IN ANY SPORT. She was also on the cover of Ring magazine.

Amanda had lost plenty of times. She destroyed Tate but Ronda did that twice already. The same Tate many felt caught a total Hail Mary against Holly.

What on God’s green Earth would have made anybody think it was a gimme either way? Without that short 5 second video of a faceoff, I would have been relying on a purely instinctual guess. My instict was that Ronda had been seriously diminished emotionally by losing to Holly. But, I had zero actual proof of it, in my mind. Because she hid from the media. That was my only real hint. But, maybe Ronda was just being a crybaby, douchebag, diva. Where was the proof?

Ppl here really need to pay attention to the details.

I picked Nunes to beat Ronda. I also picked Nunes to KO Cyborg. I made money on both fights. Who did you back in the Cyborg fight?

Yeah, in retrospect we are all heros. So, why were so many backing Ronda? Of course Amanda was the dog in that fight. I already explained why that was. And it was the perfect example of what I am talking about...PERFECT.

When was the last time an unprecedented dominant champion lost in devastating fashion? Then proceeded to go COMPLETELY silent for 13 months? Do you recall all of the actual details involved, the backstories, the angles?

Ronda was named by the world’s premiere sports magazine as the MOST DOMINANT ATHLETE IN ANY SPORT. She was also on the cover of Ring magazine.

Amanda had lost plenty of times. She destroyed Tate but Ronda did that twice already. The same Tate many felt caught a total Hail Mary against Holly.

What on God’s green Earth would have made anybody think it was a gimme either way? Without that short 5 second video of a faceoff, I would have been relying on a purely instinctual guess. My instict was that Ronda had been seriously diminished emotionally by losing to Holly. But, I had zero actual proof of it, in my mind. Because she hid from the media. That was my only real hint. But, maybe Ronda was just being a crybaby, douchebag, diva. Where was the proof?

Ppl here really need to pay attention to the details.

I picked Nunes to beat Ronda. I also picked Nunes to KO Cyborg. I made money on both fights. Who did you back in the Cyborg fight?

I picked Nunes as well.
I understand what are you saying but some fighters don't really show anything during the weigh-ins or even the face to face prior to the fight.
Best examples are Fedor or Aldo, both had a long winning streak and you can't see much from them outside the cage.

I completely neglected the height and reach difference in this fight and just expected Al to starch Donald. It became obvious in round 2 that Al couldn't reach.

Al hit him with pretty clean power punches several times, and hurt him twice I can recall from memory. One time it was obvious Cowboy was hurt pretty bad. He also had a very clean uppercut that snapped Cerrone back.

However Cowboy took it very well and used a lot of fight IQ in there.

Damaging that lead leg from the start of the fight was really brilliant. It took away Al's ability to be mobile and get inside and forced him to switch stances throughout the fight.

I was expecting Al to be more successful with his pressure, crowd Cerrones and land power shots. But I was wrong. I was rooting for Donald but kind of expected Al to win it.

Honestly kind of surprised how poor Al looked. In replays a lot of the "heavy shots" Al was "landing" were blocked, missing, or nowhere near flush. Although that headkick by Al late in the fight was spot on.

Is this one of Valentina's hot sisters?
I would say quite likely has an Eastern European lineage. Maybe Russian / Ukrainian Czech or something like that. I know the look.

Back