Rage 2 - do we really need another Mad Max game?

I want one done right. The map filled with real quests, not repetitive collection/fetch quests.

I loved doom 3 but haven’t played the new one. Is it that much better?
The new Doom is far superior to Doom 3. It's one of the most intense gaming experiences I have ever had. Don't play it on the easy setting though. It loses its charm.

Rage 1 is way better than Mad Max..

Rage 1 is a FPS with driving elements.. Mad Max is a driving game with occasional sloppy hand to hand combat controls and very limited shooting.

Honestly Rage 1 is a very good game with the exception being the ending. That was one of the worst endings in video game history.

I'm sort of excited for a Rage 2 but there is no way I'm paying a full price $60 for it unless there is rave reviews. The first game flopped to like $10 within a couple months

I actually enjoyed mad max.

Mad max was really good it just needed some minor tweaks IE abit more variety in the boss gang showdowns vary the quests a bit more etc,etc but other wise it was damn good. At the very least an 8/10 for me

I wasn't aware Rage did well enough to warrant a sequel. Maybe all that Breaking Bad money did it?

Didn't see this posted anywhere, looks awesome!!!

Rage 2 looks great. The shooting of Doom mixed with the vehicular combat of Mad Max? Yes please.

Didn't see this posted anywhere, looks awesome!!!

Looks cool, I hope it turns out well. I was super jebaited by BRINK and all of his promo materials, and after the FO76 fiasco I have started to lose faith in BethSoft as a publisher.

Mad Max was better then Rage. Give me a sequel to that, over Rage. Too late though.

Couldn't do this in Rage.

I want a Mad Max game with the Nemesis system from those Shadow Of Mordor games.

Sorry for the hijack, I'll see myself out.

This is a team-up including Doom and Quake creators. It'll be closer to Sunset Overdrive as a comparison of making a fun project with more freedom than usual, which means it'll be awesome.

The first Rage had a lot going for it. Absolutely amazing graphics for the time. It ran on PS3 and 360 and looked as good or better than most Xbone or PS4 games for a while.

The shooting mechanics and enemy AI were also fantastic.

The driving was meh. The story was even more meh. The ending was bleh.

I hope they can focus on the strengths of the first game and improve where needed for the second.

This is a team-up including Doom and Quake creators. It'll be closer to Sunset Overdrive as a comparison of making a fun project with more freedom than usual, which means it'll be awesome.
From the trailer it does look awesome.

The only part that is sort of a let down is it’s not a direct continuation of rage 1, the ending as I remeber left it very open for a sequel and they didn’t need to jump 30 years into the future.

I’ll still get it, but I am off put a little. It as much as mass effect andromeda’s, that I decided not to even get lol.

I have to agree with posts 2 and 3. I spent like 4hrs on the game before losing interest. The graphics at first glance were great but the laggy texture streaming and lack of any environmental damage made it average overall.

That said, I would never want developers to be pressured to abandon games.

Because thats what first Rage was about. Cars in post-nuclear scenery.

Tbh I got quite bored with Mad Max and stopped playing it somewhere at 20%

Dont get me wrong I love games in post nuclear world setting but I dont really dig that craze with cars and crap. So no, not very excited at all.

I would rather see some sort of survival but story driven game in setting of very first Planet of the Apes, crumbled cities, underground and all that. Spaceship crashing, travelling through desert, looking around for food and so on.

You do understand these are very different games. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.How can you judge it when we dont have enough info on it.
looks fine, stop crying and just dont buy the game if you dont like it.

this is an FPS with a tone of different bioms and a cyberpunk twist to the post apocalypses.

Mad max is a dark 3rd person open world apocalypses beat em up for the most part. Rage wasn't a bad game, it was just short, a lot of good idea poor executed, for most part is wasn't bad.

Mad Max was better then Rage. Give me a sequel to that, over Rage. Too late though.

Couldn't do this in Rage.

It's being developed by Avalanche though. The very developer that made Mad Max. Using the same engine. You might actually get what you want.

RAGE had shitty open world, otherwise it was a fun game. I will purchase RAGE 2 for sure!

PC version confirmed exclusive to Bethesda's shitty ass launcher that will leak all your data and no two step authentification. Game went from day 1 to the inevitable $5 Steam sale after it woefully underperforms on their service and are forced to put it on others to recoup costs. Same goes for Doom Eternal.

I'd like another actual Mad Max game.

Back