Rumored Rafael Fiziev will no longer fight under the Kyrgyzstan banner? (Need a translator) Thank you

It's funny that people support him because if a us or eu fighter say the same thing people here would shit all over him . anyway war Rafael one of the most exciting prospect

I am always surprised to see names like Rafael Fiziev or Artur Beterbiev being originally Muslim.
These names must be in the Old Testament AND therefore in the Quran AND therefore Muslim as well, but I totally associate Rafael / Artur as Christian names, lol.....The more you know....

They are christian names, sometimes some people who are not religious pick non Islamic names for their kids so they fit in western society.

Just a small reason that he needed not to carry the flag of Kyrgyzstan, this country was never his homeland and as he himself said he only connects with Kyrgyzstan a passport, what famous athlete does not receive a hate in social networks? spoke as if every second Kyrgyz citizen insulted him and his wife, a pitiful and corrupt person,

Religion being divisive as ever I see.

He didn't go into detail in this video, just said thousands of Kirghiz harassed him and his family online, also the Mufti of Kirghizstan criticized them. Because of that Rafael won't represent Kirghiztan anymore.

Pretty sad he was harassed like that and surprising considering Krgystan is fairly secular and there are many religious minorities peacefully living there. But religious fundamentalists exist everywhere and given his public profile, he was subject to more harassment than others.

I am sure Val is originally by birth russian (/ukr.) christian ortodox but they dont seem to mind that.. I have no idea though lol.

(Kyrgyzstan: 90% of the population is Muslim, with the majority being Sunni; 7% are Christian, including 3% Russian Orthodoxy*
edit: There are few Shia in the country, approximately one thousand
Thats small..)

Last edited:
I am always surprised to see names like Rafael Fiziev or Artur Beterbiev being originally Muslim.
These names must be in the Old Testament AND therefore in the Quran AND therefore Muslim as well, but I totally associate Rafael / Artur as Christian names, lol.....The more you know....

Beterbiev is from Dagestan of Chechen descent....Id be shocked if he was anything but Muslim. Fiziev's father is from Azerbaijan which is 97% Muslim.

Rafa always had comments on were you could reply to his storys. He was in Iraq couple of weeks ago and posted some stuff so i think maybe you're right.

Now everything is turned off, only his friends can reply

The Shia/Sunni beef is legit and most wrsterners have no idea....

I honestly don’t care for the most part what religion Rafael Fiziev practices or the flag he fights under, the guy is one of the most exciting and dynamic strikers we’ve seen at LW in a long time... He got my support regardless.

Nobody deserves to deal with that type of BS, it’s 2021 I’d thought that we’d moved passed that in most developed countries on the planet, guess not.

For Muslims Rafael is an angel but its pronouned Israfil in Arabic.

Looks like it’s a Shia-Sunni issue rather than having to do anything with the flag.

Doesn’t matter what his religion is, he seems like a nice dude overall and is exciting as hell.

Just a small reason that he needed not to carry the flag of Kyrgyzstan, this country was never his homeland and as he himself said he only connects with Kyrgyzstan a passport, what famous athlete does not receive a hate in social networks? spoke as if every second Kyrgyz citizen insulted him and his wife, a pitiful and corrupt person,

what

Let's hope this thread doesn't turn into a shit show. Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Back