Rafael dos Anjos on Shogun

Riodejaneirofan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Rafael said PRIDE shogun is back, he said he watched some trainings at kings MMA and that shogun looked like PRIDE shogun, he said hes was confident shogun will destroy Nogueira he has no doubt about it.

WAR SHOGUN

No matter how much we want it, Pride Shogun is never coming back and neither lil nog.

It's always the same PRIDE Shogun talk. I'm already used to that.

However, I do expect him to at the very least be able to win this fight. I don't think he would brutalize little nog at this point but this one is just a free win if Shogun is still worth anything.

1) Teammate
2) Brazilian

i.e. of course he said that.

God I hope so, but even if he did KO lil Nog, it dont mean pride shogun is back.

Im on the shogun wagon for life, but after 3 knee surgeries? Noooo... pride shogun is long gone :(..

Still looking for him to beat lil nog tho...

Just dont put him up against a wrestler.. dude is a turtle with those knees.

God I hope so, but even if he did KO lil Nog, it dont mean pride shogun is back.

A win for either of these guys means nothing. This is a scrub fight, and I am very much a Pride guy. Both of these guys are done, and I hope I eat my words.

Ill just belive if he start kicking and kneeing again, if he just go straight foward trying a puch KO he still the Shogun we used to watch in UFC.

I can't

Another loss will be too painful

PRIDE Shogun really got by on his physicality and athleticism. Not that he didn't have any technique, but that usually gave him life when he was losing fights. There is 0 chance Shogun is going to physically look like that again. I wouldn't doubt the 2015 Trainer of the Year has cleaned up his offence and actually implemented a strategy, with this new generation of Cordeiro-trained pressure of using a refined, systematic approach. But I think it's too late for Shogun to be a top fighter anymore, should have trained with Cordeiro when it was the obvious move and his fans were calling for it for years, but he didn't want it bad enough.

Back