Rafa x Cobrinha: sub only 10k prize!?

Ha ha true. I was being kinda rhetoric. I'm just stoked about this on so many levels. First because of a possible Rafa x Cobrinha battle, second because it would be sub only and third I think its good for the sport if the best athletes get paid money.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of IBJJF. :)

this would be so awesome.

imagine how much this could do for the sport if it goes really well? if theres alot of excitement about it maybe we'll see more events like this for some real money.

I'm still pissed of Rickson's Budo Challenge never took off. That was a killer idea.

this match should be epic... considering their 40min+ ADCC match i expect that this could become a marathon battle of wills, 1hr+??

brilliant, needs more money though. I think R mendes will step up to the challenge even though its definitely more of a risk for him. It would be an epic battle.

Awesome idea.. Finally some decent coin in BJJ too!!!

Id like to see Marcelo and Roger do one of these.

Id like to see Marcelo and Roger do one of these.

As in, Marcelo vs Roger?

No real point. Roger has already submitted him, and beaten him by an extremely large margin when the fight went to points.

I know Marcelo's lost to him twice. I'd still like to see them go at it again anyways. Their gi match is my favourite match of all time.

Whats the story with Rafa vs Cobrinha? I know they fought quite a few times with Rafa being the winner most often? From what I gather from this thread all their matches have gone the distance with advantages being the factor. I could very easily be wrong, I just haven't seen all their matches. Could someone give me the scoop?!

I know Marcelo's lost to him twice. I'd still like to see them go at it again anyways. Their gi match is my favourite match of all time.

In terms of no time limit/to the tap matches i'd like to see...

*Marcelo vs Calasans
*Roger vs Xande
*Barral vs Jacare
*Mendes vs Cobrinha
*Durinho vs Langhi
*Galvao vs Jacare
*Faria vs Xande
*Braulio vs Jacare

Freaking sickkkkkk, I predict this to end by bow and arrow choke from the back, I can't pick a winner though.

Whats the story with Rafa vs Cobrinha? I know they fought quite a few times with Rafa being the winner most often? From what I gather from this thread all their matches have gone the distance with advantages being the factor. I could very easily be wrong, I just haven't seen all their matches. Could someone give me the scoop?!

sounds like you've pretty much got it. Rafa is often accused of stalling, but in their ADCC match Rafa definitely shut up the haters. The ADCC match was over 40 minutes of non-stop action. Both fighters had several good submission attempts, but Rafa had the more solid ones and ended up winning the match in double OT with a back take. This is the closest thing to a submission only match (they really didn't seem concerned about the scoreboard at all until at least OT in this match) they've done and it was epic.

sounds like you've pretty much got it. Rafa is often accused of stalling, but in their ADCC match Rafa definitely shut up the haters. The ADCC match was over 40 minutes of non-stop action. Both fighters had several good submission attempts, but Rafa had the more solid ones and ended up winning the match in double OT with a back take. This is the closest thing to a submission only match (they really didn't seem concerned about the scoreboard at all until at least OT in this match) they've done and it was epic.

I think the first 10 minutes being "no points" set the pace for the match. Had there been points from the get go, I think it would have been less exciting.

Back