Rafa is super difficult to finish

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
its been a long time since RDA held a title, and he will probably never win one again, but the guy has fought a murderers row over the past few years and he’s almost always dwarfed by his opponents, yet despite taking a lot of losses no one is really blowing him out. Aside from getting caught by Alvarez that time after the horrible weight cut, the guy has beaten or hung tough with pretty much every single top LW and WW over the past decade. From Khabib, to Usman, to Ferguson, Lawler, Pettis, Colby... some of these guys beat him, but no one could make him fold or quit.

Big difference between a guy like Rafa and someone like Cerrone or Conor who look for a way out as soon as the going gets tough. He may never be a title contender again, but I’ll always respect RDAs no retreat no surrender attitude, a true samurai indeed.

Respect... But I think Rafael Cordeiro were always right: RDA's weight class always was LW. He has weight to WW, but not size in general. So sad, but ok, this warrior always deserves the better.

RDA is a good example of a 165lbs fighter.

The cut to lightweight is too much for him and he's clearly undersized at welterweight. He's a fine fighter and I'd rather him fight at 170 then 155, but the guy is going to come up short against anyone who is a bad matchup for him.

Chiesa did a great job but its the same story with Usman and Edwards, they all dwarfed him.

isn't this the guy who ducked conor because of a bruised toe? c'mon bro, even conor fought khabib with a foot the size of a balloon

its been a long time since RDA held a title, and he will probably never win one again, but the guy has fought a murderers row over the past few years and he’s almost always dwarfed by his opponents, yet despite taking a lot of losses no one is really blowing him out. Aside from getting caught by Alvarez that time after the horrible weight cut, the guy Hehas beaten or hung tough with pretty much every single top LW and WW over the past decade. From Khabib, to Usman, to Ferguson, Lawler, Pettis, Colby... some of these guys beat him, but no one could make him fold or quit.

Big difference between a guy like Rafa and someone like Cerrone or Conor who look for a way out as soon as the going gets tough. He may never be a title contender again, but I’ll always respect RDAs no retreat no surrender attitude, a true samurai indeed.
He's been fighting in the wrong division a long time now. That he can be competitive with WW's and put up a fight says something about his skill and toughness. The guy is a pro to the core.

RDA made some big mistakes that made it easy to get the takedowns but I feel like natural size also mattered and RDA struggled to get a big long guy off him.

isn't this the guy who ducked conor because of a bruised toe? c'mon bro, even conor fought khabib with a foot the size of a balloon
When Conor started getting slapped by Nate he turned to panic wrestling and looked for a way to quit.

2r0vGt.gif

conor.gif

source.gif

When Nate tried slapping RDA this was Rafa’s response.

PowerlessLikelyGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
When Conor started getting slapped by Nate he turned to panic wrestling and quit.

images

56ddec304d37a.gif

When Nate tried slapping RDA this was the response.

PowerlessLikelyGhostshrimp-size_restricted.gif

sure except your boy got absolutely DESTROYED by eddie alvarez and conor made him the most irrelevant champion in the history of UFC LW division
now RDA is getting wrecked by journeymen for peanuts when he could have been retired on his red panty night if he hadn't pulled out with a bruised toe

CONOR BLESS

I mean aside from Lawler, he hasn’t fought anyone with power. I’d pick Wonderboy to easily TKO him, hell Woodley would probably knock him out cold. I’ll admit he isn’t easy to sub though.

sure except your boy got absolutely DESTROYED by eddie alvarez and conor made him the most irrelevant champion in the history of UFC LW division
now RDA is getting wrecked by journeymen for peanuts when he could have been retired on his red panty night if he hadn't pulled out with a bruised toe

CONOR BLESS
What’s with you Colin fluffers and your obsession with other men wearing red panties?

Are you a fan of fights or how much money other dudes are earning. Why not just jerk off to CEO’ and bankers, they make even more.

CONOR BLESS
<bball2>

Except RDA is not “my boy”, who thinks of fighters that way anyway?

<{clintugh}>

Just pointing out the difference between a guy that come to go go to war win or lose, and a guy that folds and quits as soon as the going gets tough.

I mean aside from Lawler, he hasn’t fought anyone with power. I’d pick Wonderboy to easily TKO him, hell Woodley would probably knock him out cold. I’ll admit he isn’t easy to sub though.
Wonder boy got slept by a washed up Pettis, while Rafa beat the prime out of Pettis.

Yeah, RDA almost made invalid of Nate Diaz on that night. Conor lost one and got very close win in the second. You can theorise what could happen if RDA would not get injured. But thats only yours speculation. If Conor really wants, he could call RDA out. And deal is done, right?

Yeah, RDA almost made invalid of Nate Diaz on that night. Conor lost one and got very close win in the second. You can theorise what could happen if RDA would not get injured. But thats only yours speculation. If Conor really wants, he could call RDA out. And deal is done, right?
Exactly, Conor could have fought Rafa instead of Cerrone, but he asked for the guy who quits like him when he starts getting starched, a guy who Rafa beat twice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back