Racial Uproar as Casey Affleck Gets a Golden Globe Nod Despite Sex Accusations

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
"A movement is growing on social media and online to declare Hollywood as racist because Casey Affleck is being nominated for Best Actor by various awards bodies for his performance in Manchester by the Sea, while director-actor Nate Parker is being overlooked for his slavery epic The Birth of a Nation.

Parker was acquitted of raping a female student while she was barely conscious while he was studying at Penn State in 2001, while Affleck settled suits alleging sexual harassment from two women who worked on his film I’m Still Here in 2010.

Although the two cases are being compared to each other, the two individuals and films are very different cases. Parker’s was a criminal case, while Affleck’s was a civil one. The Birth of a Nation has received a less enthusiastic critical re-evaluation since it premiered at Sundance Film Festival almost a year ago, while Manchester by the Sea has generated much more favorable reviews".

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/casey-affleck-nate-parker-and-the-latest-oscarssowhite-controversy/

Twitter.png

Birth of a Nation has an IMDB score of 5.8 and Manchester by the Sea's IMDB score is 8.5.

Don't think people will run with it this year. Hollywood actually invited this last year to make themselves feel virtuous and really digging into the issue of why 12 percent of the population is unfathomably not represented in the same numbers as 65-70 percent. Huge issue there.

I wouldn't think they intended to let dim witted activists ruin their circle jerk every year. They prefer their causes to be as abstract and out of sight as possible. Last year was cute...this year shoulders turn cold.

Birth of a Nation, you gotta be fuckin kidding me. Even cuck extraordinaire Matt Zoller Seitz seemed to be longing for the KKK glorifying film of the same name when i read his review of that.

LOL. This is retarded. The left needs to find a way to neutralize all these clowns.

What do any of those things have to do with his capabilities as an actor, or have to do with race

And lol at acting like "Hollywood is racist" is a new thing

i can't believe someone has accused casey affleck of ever having sex with a woman

Nothing more outrageous than an immoral person getting an award related to artistic creation.

What has a simple rape have to do with an acting performance

Hollywood is run by radical liberals yet every year people call them racist...connect the dots much?

Gone baby gone was awesome.

Casey affleck is the shit.

Fuck Hollywood!!!

Fuck liberals!!!

Trump 2016 #MAGA

Is this movement started by a gay fish by any chance?
gettyimages-90713093.jpg

Hollyweird sucks.. But they respect the craft.

Well it's a good thing they're bringing this to our attention because you know what would happen then......

NOTHING!!!!

Back