Racial Slurs

Lol...so you think thug is exclusively used for blacks? I love calling violent criminals, politicians, and others thugs. Sometimes they're black. More often they're not. Most people use it similarly.
How fast we come in to defend ourself and the use of the word "thug" when neither were mentioned in this thread. Don't worry my friend, your safe to continue to use the word as you see fit. Your use of the word may be innocent, but they're others in this forum who might use it for more sinister purposes.

So when you call a white guy a thug it means thug, but when you call a black guy a thug it's a slur? What a silly double standard. You've pretty much rigged the game to be offended if you believe that.
Im not offended I was just trying to point something out. Ill give you some examples here of what I mean.

Richard sherman got called a thug and that damn well isnt what a lot of people maybe not you but a lot of folks meant.

I saw a whole lot of thug for Tamir rice. Again maybe not you but dont act like it didnt happen,

Now the big one. Obama gets called a thug a lot and im pretty sure its codeword for folks that want to call him a tigger. Once more maybe not you but dont play like you never noticed

Its not about the words you use so much as the intent of the words and the message that it carries.

How fast we come in to defend ourself and the use of the word "thug" when neither were mentioned in this thread. Don't worry my friend, your safe to continue to use the word as you see fit. Your use of the word may be innocent, but they're are others in this forum who might use it for more sinister purposes.

Yeah, and there are surely people out there that use completely innocent words to mean not-so-innocent things. Every person uses language differently. We're talking about trends, not individuals. Society defines words, not a dictionary. Thug is still used, by and large, to describe violent assholes, not people of a certain race. I'd never even imagined there was any perception that there was a racial connotation (for some ubersensitive people) until I saw the same old group of whiners bitching about it on Sherdog.

Im not offended I was just trying to point something out. Ill give you some examples here of what I mean.

Richard sherman got called a thug and that damn well isnt what a lot of people maybe not you but a lot of folks meant.

I saw a whole lot of thug for Tamir rice. Again maybe not you but dont act like it didnt happen,

Now the big one. Obama gets called a thug a lot and im pretty sure its codeword for folks that want to call him a tigger. Once more maybe not you but dont play like you never noticed

Its not about the words you use so much as the intent of the words and the message that it carries.

- Richard Sherman started screaming about "don't you EVER disrespect me, Crabtree!" on television. It was thuggish behavior. Awesome, hilarious, yes, but thuggish.

- Don't know who that is, no comment

- I have never seen Obama called a thug. I've also seen white guys like Putin and Asian guys like the Kim dynasty called thugs.

Once again, every individual uses language differently. I could start using "candy" as a slur, for example. That doesn't mean it's generally used that way. If you're restricting your view to a few bigoted individuals and then extrapolating from there, well, like I said, you're rigging the game. Society as a whole still uses words like "thug" as they're defined in the OED.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: has a history of being used when blacks were literally the inferior class so it can appear more demeaning when used seriously.

I made a metaphor using a primate, one for a biker, the other for a woman that shoot three times her hairsylist.
I got dubbs, or some kind of punishment for one of them...
Lesson learned

So why are while people soft targets for racial slurs on sherdog?

Why is nig*er banned but honkey or cracka not?

That's kind of the point.

Im white and there's literally nothing you can call me that will offend me. Grow up you honkey cracka.

How fast we come in to defend ourself and the use of the word "thug" when neither were mentioned in this thread. Don't worry my friend, your safe to continue to use the word as you see fit. Your use of the word may be innocent, but they're others in this forum who might use it for more sinister purposes.

Can you even point out a time when thug was used incorrectly?

So why are while people soft targets for racial slurs on sherdog?

Why is nig*er banned but honkey or cracka not?

That's kind of the point.

It's acceptable. Non whites have no fear or shame when it comes to racism.

Enjoy that mass immigration and multiculturalism.

tbf, the words cracker and honkey have other connotations and legit definitions. The literal N Word does not, barring a misspelling of the country/river in Africa (I sincerely doubt it)

announcers didn't come up w/ the hardworking/explosive themes for nothing....we all know what they meant the whole time

Im white and there's literally nothing you can call me that will offend me. Grow up you honkey cracka.

You're a fool. You wouldn't mind being a minority and constantly called white boy and cracker with real racial hatred behind the words?

Once again, every individual uses language differently. I could start using "candy" as a slur, for example. That doesn't mean it's generally used that way. If you're restricting your view to a few bigoted individuals and then extrapolating from there, well, like I said, you're rigging the game. Society as a whole still uses words like "thug" as they're defined in the OED.

Im not out on a quest looking for bigots I just call things as I see em. I also dont think racism isnt found in a specific word so much as the intent behind them.

Richard Sherman started screaming about "don't you EVER disrespect me, Crabtree!" on television. It was thuggish behavior. Awesome, hilarious, yes, but thuggish.

This right here is a great example of what I mean. He wasnt being a thug he was yelling at him like a stereotypical black guy.The word thugs gets thrown in but we all know what it meant

Can you explain why you think this way? Also can you give a ton of examples?
Mini stormfront might be a bit of an exaggeration, but it gets pretty nasty in here at times. I've seen enough posts and threads here over the years about race, religion, sexual orientation etc. to know that there are a great many people here who have some prejudices. Lol how much is a "ton" of examples? I'm on a cell phone multi tasking and I'm about to head out to do errands.

Back