R.I.P. Miss Cleo

Pliny Pete

Puts Butts In Seats
@plutonium
Reaction score
Miss Cleo, the embattled telephone psychic famous for turning the phrase “call me now for your free reading!” into a cultural meme, has died at 53 after a battle with cancer.

According to TMZ, which has confirmed with Cleo’s rep, the clairvoyant, entrepreneur, and actress — if you didn’t know, her accent was fake — died on Tuesday after fighting colon cancer that tragically spread to both her liver and her lungs. The rep told TMZ that Youree Dell Cleomili Harris (Cleo’s real name) was a “pillar of strength” until her untimely death and passed while in the presence of those who knew and loved her.

While Miss Cleo will be fondly remembered by anyone who has ever seen one of her commercials, Harris’ life became increasingly difficult in 2002, when the FTC filed a complaint against the company the psychic worked for — The Psychic Readers Network — for unethical business practices (including the fact that all those free readings Miss Cleo offered were never really free). While she was later dropped from the suit, Harris never regained her footing in the cutthroat world of psychic healing and quickly dropped out of the limelight.

http://uproxx.com/webculture/miss-cleo-dead-53/

My favorite Miss Cleo commercial
Fuck Maury and his test, just call Miss Cleo and she'll tell you who the daddy is in 27 seconds

^ you guys are dicks (clicks like on both posts lol)

Man, 2016 continues to be a rough year.

Bowie, Rickman, Prince, Randleman, Ali, Kimbo, Cleo, death just taking all of the Greats.

10.gif

Well, she never took money from anyone that didn't want to give it to her. RIP.

i guess i have no remembrance of how old she was...if you told me she died at 90 i would have believed you.

sure first ballot in the scam hof. jimmy swaggart, trump u, that guy that invented timeshares

Well she died from cancer so... probably
i just now realized this since i dont pay attention to most people who respond to me. do you not like me? you seem to quote a lot of my posts saying mean things to me. i hope not, because that would really hurt my feelings

I'm absolutely devastated to find out that the accent was fake.

i just now realized this since i dont pay attention to most people who respond to me. do you not like me? you seem to quote a lot of my posts saying mean things to me. i hope not, because that would really hurt my feelings
Is twice a lot?
Well 3 times now I guess

Back