R.I.P. La Parka

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by M.A.G.A., Jan 12, 2020.

1. M.A.G.A. Green Belt

Really sad, died of injuries sustained in a match, RIP

EDIT:

It's La Parka II that died, La Parka from WCW that is now known as LA Park is alive and well

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  2. XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

Correct the second la parka.

Actually was quite popular in Mexico and when the original came back they did big business with the La Parka vs LA Park feud

really unfortunate

3. MMAGA Belt of Truth

Just rewatched the video of his initial injury. Looks like his opponent (guy standing up outside the ring), didn't do much to slow down La Parka's momentum.

4. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Rush isn't at fault here
    La Parkas feet hit the top rope as he dove through the ropes which slowed his momentum and caused him to land short of his target
    Rush was expecting La Parka to fly directly into Rush's chest which is where he positioned to catch to La Parka

5. MMAGA Belt of Truth

I don’t believe the ropes had that much of an impact on Parka’s dive. If you’ve ever seen La Parka live and up close, you’d know he’s an ENORMOUS man. He shouldn’t be doing a Tope Suicida to begin with. Also, when he lands, you can see that he’s basically the same length as the apron is to the guardrail.

I’m not saying Rush was at fault, but had Rush been in a better position and/or more reactive to the incoming Tope Suicida, this may have been avoided.

6. Frank23 Enter Sandman Belt Platinum Member

7. Sakurabaism Black Belt

Dammit I thought it was the OG La Parka, I hope that guy lives for another 200 years.

8. MMAGA Belt of Truth

You mean L.A. Park...

9. TheBrownRanger Brown Belt

People underestimate how popular Parka II was in Mexico in those days.

I remember watching La Parka on Galavision on AAA while L.A. Park was on CMLL back in the mid-00s. My 10 year old mind couldn't comprehend that so I thought they were the same guy until 2010. I had one of those bootleg action figures of La Parka and I wasn't even born in Mexico.

Parka II dancing to MJ's Thriller was really over with the Mexican crowd, especially the kids. On the other side of the spectrum, I remember him mostly teaming with wrestlers who were basically just male strippers like Elegido and Intocable. Those dudes got huge pops from horny Mexican ladies. So weird to think about now lmao.

RIP La Parka